RC poster

Lipo battery problem

Sorry in advance for the question, but I'm new to all this. I have a 2 cel, 7.4v , 5000mah . I have the correct setting on the charger but when I hit start it charges at 5.0A and then gradually goes down to as low as 1.6A and voltage goes down to about 4.0. Is the battery bad?

well the 5.0A and then gradually goes down to as low as 1.6A is the charger balancing & topping of the battery.
    That is what you want it to do.... When the battery is fully charged it should read 4.20v.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

the charger sounds like its doing what its suppose to do part of the process of charging lipos, i know my charger doesnt perform the same thing with my nimh or nicd batteries. i think its called CC/CV part of the lipo process on the charger
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    [QUOTE=Slashy;5267242]Sorry in advance for the question, but I'm new to all this. I have a 2 cel, 7.4v , 5000mah . I have the correct setting on the charger but when I hit start it charges at 5.0A and then gradually goes down to as low as 1.6A and voltage goes down to about 4.0. Is the battery bad?[/QUOTE
    When the battery is fully charged on a 2s you should have 8.4 volts.the voltage shouldn't drop to 4 volts what is your charged voltage