Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EMBE race build

whooaa that is alot of parts you ordered there. gotta take pics of those parts now before installing and when layed out that is almost what i paid for my roller emaxx.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Lol all it is is a transmission, 2 sets of 8ight t front shocks, a 65 t spur, stainless steel screw kit and a losi screw kit

thats alot of cash for just that lol. but worth it though to have a running rc

Its come along nicely mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    thats alot of cash for just that lol. but worth it though to have a running rc
    Yepp the shocks were $70 but after testing the ones off my 8ight t on it first I had to buy them

Thanks Craig

RC Champion
    Mail man brought me a early Christmas present lol

RC Champion

It's all coming together now mate...
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Yepp now I just need aluminum bulk heads and FLM towers! That's next on the list!

RC Champion
    I'm not sure if this has been done yet(I don't think it has)....I think I have figured out a way to use 1/8 cvd's and hubs on my Emaxx I will try to finish my research and then run it by y'all before I buy all the parts!

Keep us posted...interesting.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    ok so i think(THINK) that i can use the loss 8ight t cvds.. There about 3/4 to an inch longer then the stock arms and they have a 13mm inner bearing size and 8mm outer...so if I was to get the tekno carriers and use the outer bearings that come with them(or bore out the stock carriers 1mm) and use a set of these extensions
    http://kershawdesigns.com/WideningKit.htm I think they will fit. I might have to get the traxxas extended cups.

Only problem is the inner bearing I need it to be 20mmX13mmX4mm and I cant find any so.... My cheep solution is to make 2 or 3 wraps of cut to size duct tape around the stock losi inner bearing ( this is the only part of my conversion that seems [weak] to me) tell me what u think
    Last edited by Emaxx1991; 11-01-2012 at 02:05 AM.

RC Champion
    Had my first catastrophic failure today when it broke it also dented my capacitor bank and shredded my front spider gears and diff cup. I just finished rebuilding it so it's gtg now

RC Racer
    Ouch, glad to hear its back together. I always hate when my trucks in pieces and I have the parts and time to fix it but, I dont want to sit down and start tearing it apart... I do it anyway cuase Im always satisfied when its done

Unlucky one mate...glad to hear its back together .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    If I only plan to run 4s is there any reason to invest in the FLM bulk/diff combo or just get some aluminum cases and the FLM aluminum cup ? The stockers seem to hold up good ( especially since there tmaxx diffs)

RC Racer
    From my personal experience, the stock diffs hold up quite well. Others may disagree. If they do strip, aluminum diff housings are the next thing I will upgrade before I spend the money on a full 1/8th diff setup.

RC Champion
    What are the best aluminum diff cases I was thinking about getting the machined intysuck ones lol!!

RC Racer
    Yea, I dont know who makes them besides integy. Horizon may have some but I group them in the same category. UnlimitedEngineering has their ultralite diff cases listed as in stock for the stock diffs.

RC Racer
    Never mind, they dont

RC Champion
    The integy ones look solid since there machined and not cast!

RC Champion
    Just ordered...
    FLM TOWERS
    ACNCM BULKHEADS
    RPM BULKHEAD BRACES
    TRENCHERs
    LUNSFORD HINGE PINS
    OUTWEARS COVER
    LIGHTNING WING MOUNT
    JCONCEPTS WING

That is a good list you have going there. How much is this going to weigh?

RC Champion
    Idk yet I'm still not done lol..next will be the FLM LCG chassis and offset motor mount then il start using 1 4s instead of 2 2s

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Just ordered...
    FLM TOWERS
    ACNCM BULKHEADS
    RPM BULKHEAD BRACES
    TRENCHERs
    LUNSFORD HINGE PINS
    OUTWEARS COVER
    LIGHTNING WING MOUNT
    JCONCEPTS WING
    There we go...Nice .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    I used the integy alum diff cases and hr alum diff cup to rebuild the stock front diff on one of my maxx trucks. It worked out good. Nice fit with no shims. The integy cases come with a bearing spacer for the 8x15 bearing allowing you to use a 8x16mm bearing on both sides. Had to do a little shaving on the coating to get the bearings to fit in. The case Fit a little sloppy in the rc damper bulkheads though. A zip tie around one side fixed that. Just blew the rear so thats next. I found the stock 6x12mm pinion bearings dont hold up well and cause the problem. I replaced them all with avid bearings and hope they hold up better.

RC Champion
    Hmm thanks for the info, I was planing on using the same cup and case

RC Qualifier
    I was thinking it was not a good idea to have a wing on the shock tower, way to much stress in a crash.

RC Champion
    I have only broken one stock tower with the wing.... But I had to upgrade to aluminum shock caps since the flew keeps breaking those. The new wing mount mounts much lower then my current wing and it's an aluminum tower so it should be good and ready for the track when it opens back up!

RC Champion
    Flex*......

RC Champion
    a lot of guys including myself run lst2 axles. I haven't read about anyone breaking them yet on an emaxx. They have 8mm stubs so you need tekno or modified rpm carriers. they mate up perfectly to the 1/8 scale vorza diffs I'm running.

Anza Sl2sh Bandit EMBEx2 Tekno(Revo D8 D8T MBX6)

RC Champion
    Do they fit inside the inner bearing? That's the problem I ran into with the 8ight t cvds there 13mm ID instead of 12mm

RC Champion
    The lst2 axles are 15mm for the inner bearing. I have the lst2 axles and rpm knuckles w/steel rings on one of my e-maxx. I modified the knuckles to fit a 8x16mm outer bearing, and a spacer and shim to fit a 15 x 24mm inner bearing.

RC Champion
    A little added note I forgot to mention on the HR alum. diff cup. You will have to round over the ends of the I bar to make it fit the cup. and the bearings are 10x16x4mm and 8x16x5mm. Just did the rear on my truck last night. Other than that it went together great. I Havent taken center shaft out of truck yet to fit and see if a shim or oring is needed to keep pinion from sliding towards ring gear. (very important) If I remember when i did the front the traxxas steel center shaft fit right up to the bearing nicely. Hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 11-08-2012 at 07:15 AM.

RC Champion
    Now I'm trying to decide if I should just go ahead and go with the FLM combo when I upgrade diffs or build the stock diffs

RC Champion
    I know ,decisions,decisions. If you run your truck hard, even on 4s I would think about the 1/8th scale diffs. The 8x16mm pinion bearings hold up much better than the stock 6x12 ones. Thats what failed on both front and rear of mine.

RC Champion
    Yea Im running shimmed tmaxx diffs right now and the only thing that I have broken is the spider gears. But I'm tired of cringing every time the front drops from a wheelie and I hear the gears skip

RC Qualifier
    hey emaxx how did you get the wing mount on there? anything special? and how much of the body did you have to cut out? that looks sweet with that wing. is it a erevo wing mount? and do you have to change out a lot of parts to add the wing?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    You have to be running only 4 shocks that's the main thing! The wing mount I got from redsawacs (member here) its a modified tekno revo mount just has some spacers added to it to widen it! That's really about it, you have to trim the outer most shock mount to clear the mount but that's it!
    The Wing is a JCONCEPTS wing not sure which one

RC Qualifier
    oh ok, thats a little bit too technical for me it would probably just be another thing for me to break off. can i ask you a question here? no one answered my forum question...
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5