RC Enthusiast

Idiots stab Traxxas in the back !

Hey Traxxas , love the funny cars , have bought two of them, Have you seen the outtakes traxxas funny car video on youtube? Its just full out of control runs , them thrashing the cars. Making your product look very unappealling. I posted a comment nicley saying not to base your decesion on purchasing this car by what you see in this video, and theye have been going off ! Sending nasty emails evryday.Now you sent these guys these cars for reveiw in good faith and i think theye stabbed you right in the back ! I would strongly consider sending them any more. the daily businesss pactices of Ultimate rc network are amung the worste i have ever seen ! Im doing this because i really want to see the rc drag sport make a real comeback, also a huge fan of force racing , thank you for all the r and d ,and money you spent developing this this great funny car
    Last edited by sjones420; 08-21-2012 at 07:52 AM.

I wouldn't call them idiots....

I'm not familiar with the new Funny car, but as a moderator who has driven 1:1 Pro Stock for a few years I can say setup is key... Pretty much most of these vids that you are talking about are showing they are either launching with too much torque, need to add a little more travel into the rear spring or add more "squat", the surface is not free of debris or is not suitable for drag racing, or the driver just has no experience with the car and it's handling aspects.... This isn't a street car, it's designed for the strip.

How long has this vehicle been out there? Surely people don't expect to get their hands on a Hobby Grade Brushless funny car and make perfect launches, low E.T's do they?

Even in REAL 1:1 cars, getting them set up to make your pass clean takes time, and every time you adjust the car the driver has to adjust as well.... Speaking from 1st hand knowledge there.....

Thing is, you bought a Traxxas, where else are you going to find a 1/5 scale brushless dragster with the support Traxxas offers...

I see lot's of YouTube videos crashing all sorts of RC's and negatives about them, rants in the comments... You'll always have that no matter what you do....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

I dont THINK Traxxas gives URC the vehicles to test or review. Although I cant say for sure but The Jang has gone to great lengths on many occasions to make it clear he buys everything he tests or reviews.

Has you have seen first hand he also has a very loyal following and anytime anyone says anything negative about URC mob mentality tends to take over.

Personally I did not think his Funny Car videos were that bad. His review of the Funny Car was more positive than negative. The out takes video hit me as more about some guys goofing off than about the Funny Car itself.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you ! These cars have been out since late may, when i got mine, and oh yes , it was a big learning curve. Months later im able to get very nice launches, its awsome . but also i get out of control sometimes and it looks just like the real thing on tv just about, it requires very quick responses,i have a block wall on both sides. But i think you may have missed mypoint Wanting this sport to succeed, its not very good to put out an unappealing video to prospective buyers, what if this is the first and only video theye see ?Do you think thats a good way to pay back traxxas for sending them almost 1600. dollars worhe of merchandise, as a proffessional driver you must understand working with sponsers and would not want to upset them . i know its not the same, but close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I dont THINK Traxxas gives URC the vehicles to test or review. Although I cant say for sure but The Jang has gone to great lengths on many occasions to make it clear he buys everything he tests or reviews.

Has you have seen first hand he also has a very loyal following and anytime anyone says anything negative about URC mob mentality tends to take over.

Personally I did not think his Funny Car videos were that bad. His review of the Funny Car was more positive than negative. The out takes video hit me as more about some guys goofing off than about the Funny Car itself.
    He will be the first to tell you he purchases all of his own vehicles. It has been a while since he did anything Traxxas that came across as really negative, aside from the common complaints we ALL have on some of them. (Balloning tires etc..)
    His Funny Car video was great, and the outtakes video is something im sure we have all done at some point.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Quote Originally Posted by sjones420 View Post
    Thank you ! These cars have been out since late may, when i got mine, and oh yes , it was a big learning curve. Months later im able to get very nice launches, its awsome . but also i get out of control sometimes and it looks just like the real thing on tv just about, it requires very quick responses,i have a block wall on both sides. But i think you may have missed mypoint Wanting this sport to succeed, its not very good to put out an unappealing video to prospective buyers, what if this is the first and only video theye see ?Do you think thats a good way to pay back traxxas for sending them almost 1600. dollars worhe of merchandise, as a proffessional driver you must understand working with sponsers and would not want to upset them . i know its not the same, but close.
    I don't think Traxxas has provided these people you are referring to with Free RC's to be reviewed....

Most reviewers want to buy the item just like you would so they can ensure that they are not getting a "Specially made" RC just for their review....
    Robin Williams

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, finaly someone who knows drag racing !As a pro yourself, I would love for you to watch these launches, the first goes out of controll but is recovered, then we have track temps of 150 deg. 51.7mph and .026 Rt, 1.765 ET ,on a 64 foot track. What do you think sir ?

RC Enthusiast
    We have had about 3 of the cars show up at our r/c drag clubs events.... since the first one has showed up we have come up with a quick list of items to thelp the guys get going right away on a our preped r/c drag strip... so fat the fastest has been a 2.65 sec pass at 48 mph .. our stip is a 132ft... 1/10th scale drag strip...

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by billy Weeks View Post
    We have had about 3 of the cars show up at our r/c drag clubs events.... since the first one has showed up we have come up with a quick list of items to thelp the guys get going right away on a our preped r/c drag strip... so fat the fastest has been a 2.65 sec pass at 48 mph .. our stip is a 132ft... 1/10th scale drag strip...
    Hi, Would it be too much trouble to post the list ? Also are theye using the stock spur gear for those times ?

RC Competitor
    Jang is the worst R/c producer on youtube. IMO. Also he is quite immature

Thanks, finaly someone who knows drag racing !As a pro yourself, I would love for you to watch these launches, the first goes out of controll but is recovered, then we have track temps of 150 deg. 51.7mph and .026 Rt, 1.765 ET ,on a 64 foot track. What do you think sir ?
    Being that I can't see things like wheel spin, how much the front is lifting from launch, seems you've got good traction. Now there's a diff in the rear, not sure if you are pulling to the left on the start due to that or if it is steering or if it is the track...

Your reaction times seems to be spot on and you are not over-reacting when you correct your line and that's important...

Being inside a drag car and seeing a video are 2 totally different things....

But the most important part.... Looks like your having a blast!!! That's what counts.....

Best advice, watch some Pro cars and top fueler's launch from the side in slow motion... I used to watch tapes of my launches to see if there are any aspects that can be worked on....
    3 things.....

Practice Practice Practice.

Just saw your reaction time... Excellent..... Consisitent too it seems.... I'm sure there's a lot of tweaking that can be done with these models... I know my TMAXX is a constantly evolving thing and always something to improve/change...
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 08-22-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    Robin Williams

RC Enthusiast
    Hi, Would it be too much trouble to post the list ? Also are theye using the stock spur gear for those times ?
    sjones... will list them here for you..... most of these tricks are for a "preped" r/c drag strip (sprayed with VHT.. same as the NHRA strips) but will work with some practice on a non preped surface....

We are using only a 2s/2cell lipo... we have had racers in other r/c drag cars go in the 1.4 sec range on our strip with this battery set up and the bsame KV range for motor as in the car.... We have tried 3s/3cell..but you have to launch extremely soft to get a decent "strait run".. and the few hard launched made it broke the rear wheelie bar...

Stiffen up the front suspension as hard as you can... we have had guys use stiffer springs fuel tubing even wire ties to lock it solid... key is keeping both sides equal in stiffness....

Rear diff.. lock it solid.,... up to anyone on their own if they do it the way we do it..but our guys have used JB Weld to lock it.. we are going strait.. and it will still turn around after you slow down and make a run...

Rear suspension... keep it soft on a preped surface.. but you can go stiffer on non-preped .. key... keep the balance on the rear tires.. if its tweaked either way it will launch the oposite way it is tweaked....

Rear gears.. most have stayed "box stock... most go one to two pinion teeth higher .. makes the car launch more consistant....

Now.. this part i do not recomend for un-preped surfaces..but it has been done on our preped track.... one of our racers wore out his rear rubber tires... he noticed the foam insert in place.... and took off the rubber part of the tire and ran on just the foam with tire traction compounds we use for drag racing... Koford or Trac-Bite.. yep slot car goo.... it does not work on the rubber tires...

on the rubber tires we use either GM upper engine cleaner (found only at GM car dealers) or Belt dressing for your cars fan belts... can be found at any automotive parts store... BUT BEWARE.. this makes the rear tires even softer and sticker when doing the burn outs.. and IT WILL WEAR OUT THE TIRES EVEN FASTER !!!!!

RC Racer
    I don't care what people are doing with their trucks. It's not even really about the trucks, it's about the camaraderie and the experiences and laughs from playing with RC cars with your friends.

It doesn't matter how old you are, you get a group of five guys together and five RC trucks, and I guarantee you they will all have a grin on their face.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you, and yes its a blast, It doesnt always track to the right, i guess i dq `d on the center line !

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Ive done few things you mentioned ,shock springs,4 teeth added too spur gear, and never press throttle more than 30 percent or so on launch, or else it flips violentely !I have thought about the diff before and i think you are spot on , also the rear sway should be tightend all the way i think.For this car alone i have resurfased my landlords driveway ( he thanks traxxas for that ) I used a product from home depot made by latex.ite its called acrylic.plus.. it has high traction properties. feels like sand paper, the tires are still lasting a long time though,Thanks again for all your help,,, that was very nice of you. Take care

RC Enthusiast
    If your ever in la, i have two funnycars, you can race one !
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Being that I can't see things like wheel spin, how much the front is lifting from launch, seems you've got good traction. Now there's a diff in the rear, not sure if you are pulling to the left on the start due to that or if it is steering or if it is the track...

Your reaction times seems to be spot on and you are not over-reacting when you correct your line and that's important...

Being inside a drag car and seeing a video are 2 totally different things....

But the most important part.... Looks like your having a blast!!! That's what counts.....

Best advice, watch some Pro cars and top fueler's launch from the side in slow motion... I used to watch tapes of my launches to see if there are any aspects that can be worked on....
    3 things.....

Practice Practice Practice.

Just saw your reaction time... Excellent..... Consisitent too it seems.... I'm sure there's a lot of tweaking that can be done with these models... I know my TMAXX is a constantly evolving thing and always something to improve/change...

RC Enthusiast
    Forgot one important thing.. we have added 3 ounces of stick on lead on the chassis near the nose and front wheels... dont know how i for got that....lol....

One of our Racers just called me and said he bought a set of foam tires for the rear... said they were the Traxxas rim with Foam mounted on them...

RC Enthusiast
    Oh ..also I took apart the rear diff, the grease in there is VERY thick kind of like gum on a hot day,and it wont run at all . I seem to remember an artical from traxxas saying you could put an even heavier compound that theye sell .

Oh ..also I took apart the rear diff, the grease in there is VERY thick kind of like gum on a hot day,and it wont run at all . I seem to remember an artical from traxxas saying you could put an even heavier compound that theye sell .
    The heavier your diff grease the less slip from left to right.... Now one thing was mentioned about JB weld,,,, I never raced 1/4 mile 1:1 cars with a locked rear end..... But a way you can try locking it is with some silly putty,,,, this way if you do not like it fully locked you aren't stuck with a diff locked up with epoxy....

I am sure in the near future there's going to be hop up parts... Hop Up mfr's and stuff do not really come out on a new product fast, they wait ot see what they can sell the most too and that would be something that has sold and is popular...

I bet there will be a lot of modder's out there with some cool posts coming.......

I may have to get my hands on one of these things.... Living where I do it's hard to find that kind of space....
    Robin Williams

RC Enthusiast
    Nitronaught.. i know me and you have been on different sides of this..but you have to consider the power to weight ratio..

We produce more than the current nitro cars racing in the NHRA TF and FC (if you consider the power to weight ratio)... and those cars would never be run without a spool set up...(no dif for those wondering).... even the guys in the 50's and 60's would weld the spider gears for a beter more consistant launch...

We have found a fully locked up rear diff in the Traxxas FC with out the other items i have listed has been the biggest help in running the cars on and off a preped surface... by using JB Weld its fully locked and we dont have to worry about it ever...

What part of Fla are you in?.. i know guys at the top middle and bottom parts of Fla that set up and race drag cars down there... i can put you in touch with them...

Quote Originally Posted by billy Weeks View Post
    Nitronaught.. i know me and you have been on different sides of this..but you have to consider the power to weight ratio..

We produce more than the current nitro cars racing in the NHRA TF and FC (if you consider the power to weight ratio)... and those cars would never be run without a spool set up...(no dif for those wondering).... even the guys in the 50's and 60's would weld the spider gears for a beter more consistant launch...

We have found a fully locked up rear diff in the Traxxas FC with out the other items i have listed has been the biggest help in running the cars on and off a preped surface... by using JB Weld its fully locked and we dont have to worry about it ever...

What part of Fla are you in?.. i know guys at the top middle and bottom parts of Fla that set up and race drag cars down there... i can put you in touch with them...
    I was wondering about the Power to Weight ratio as well. The reason I mentioned the silly putty is so the operator has the option of Trying it and being able to reverse what they have tried if they were not satisfied....

I live in the Fort Lauderdale area, I've had to stop 1:1 racing in 2001 from a non race related injury with permanent nerve damage.... My last ride was a nice build by Jim Obalek, a Pro stock rail job and we would run early to mid 6's on a decent day... I ran mainly at Moroso Motorsports park but also in Fort Myers and Gainsville. I tried to get back into it, but it's just too painful if I have a good day and lots of runs.... I've had to hang up my firesuit... SO I've scaled down to 1/8th scale offroad.....
    Robin Williams

RC Enthusiast
    Okay , I was a little harsh, please understand ,this is in the middle of there little foul moth mob making foul comments evryday, one guy actually went into my fav, videos and posted obscene comments in someone elses channel , ( Stalker ? )OTE=sjones420;5266470]Hey Traxxas , love the funny cars , have bought two of them, Have you seen the outtakes traxxas funny car video on youtube? Its just full out of control runs , them thrashing the cars. Making your product look very unappealling. I posted a comment nicley saying not to base your decesion on purchasing this car by what you see in this video, and theye have been going off ! Sending nasty emails evryday.Now you sent these guys these cars for reveiw in good faith and i think theye stabbed you right in the back ! I would strongly consider sending them any more. the daily businesss pactices of Ultimate rc network are amung the worste i have ever seen ! Im doing this because i really want to see the rc drag sport make a real comeback, also a huge fan of force racing , thank you for all the r and d ,and money you spent developing this this great funny car[/QUOTE]

Traxxas doesn't send cars to Jang over at URC
    He buys all his own stuff with the exception of sponsored giveaways and such.
    If he is reviewing and testing it he paid for it himself. He also sells them off after the testing and reviews and required repairs if needed.
    He has made that very clear on many occasions.

So they made an outtake video, big deal. These cars have proven to be very skittish off the line when not launched properly.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZacharyV View Post
    Jang is the worst R/c producer on youtube. IMO. Also he is quite immature
    Hey easy man! We all have our preferences, but putting someone down is not ok. Jang actually has been very helpful in my eyes. He tries to be silly every once in a while. That might be we're your seeing him be "immature". He's trying to be he title (just a nice guy). R/c is just a hobby, not the end of the world. The guys down at my not so lhs are a pretty mean, and rs because their not enjoying what their doing. Enjoy the hobby! Dont let a model car ruin your day! That should give you a motive to make it better! His reviews have saved me several times and have also helped me purchase something. I got the tacon motor in my emaxx build because of him. He saved me lotsa $!!! Anyway you have your opinion I have mine. I also agree with a lot of people. Some of the under aged idiots on YouTube can say some nasty things. I had to delete my channel and re upload every thing because somebody decided to troll all my videos. >:0. I wish people would be nicer. Oh btw. Dude. Those are some sweet launches! You really know your funny car! Those are some of the best I've seen! Keep up the good work. And everybody, try not to put anyone else down. It will save a lot of problems.

New sig: Dr. Octogonapus
    BLARG!!!!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    I was wondering about the Power to Weight ratio as well. The reason I mentioned the silly putty is so the operator has the option of Trying it and being able to reverse what they have tried if they were not satisfied....

I live in the Fort Lauderdale area, I've had to stop 1:1 racing in 2001 from a non race related injury with permanent nerve damage.... My last ride was a nice build by Jim Obalek, a Pro stock rail job and we would run early to mid 6's on a decent day... I ran mainly at Moroso Motorsports park but also in Fort Myers and Gainsville. I tried to get back into it, but it's just too painful if I have a good day and lots of runs.... I've had to hang up my firesuit... SO I've scaled down to 1/8th scale offroad.....

LOL>>i inderstand.... most of the reaction here is why wasnt it made with a spool/locked set up in the first place .. would have been cheaper...lol.... Locking the rear with the JB WELD has been nothing but a plus with the guys i know that have them... its make for a much more fun experiance with the cars.....

Know the track well.. and the area.. use to go down and run the concrete oval in in Lauderdale.... i still work on a buddys nitro FC when he gets sponsorship to go racing.. Jack Wyatt....

^^ someone will come out with a spool before too long, because it should have had one in the first place. There will be demand for it, once these guys really start to take off.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    ^^ someone will come out with a spool before too long, because it should have had one in the first place. There will be demand for it, once these guys really start to take off.
    Agreed... We have people come to our club races each month and see how well they are getting down the track now.. and several have said they were going to be buying them soon themselves.. including some of the diehard r/c drag racers all ready out there.....

i found out a littke more on the info on the foam tires for them and they are doing well in testing from what i hear.. more on them should be getting around soon...

It takes a little time to come out with hop ups for RC's that are totally new and nothing else really like it... I find that they look at the model, see what the area's they can improve on AND make a profit on the part....

Otherwise it's up to those who just do it on their own and hopefully they share...... Same in the 1:1 race world really..... When Nitrous was first being used in the late 70's they did not think of using a separate fuel supply for adding additional fuel when "Spraying".... They'd just jet the carbs to a much fatter mixture that would run like poop until the Nitrous kicked in. Those who did not richen up enough,,,,, lots of detonation and fried pistons......

It was new at the time, now look,,,, nothing like it was before... Trans Brakes, breakout box's, oil sump systems.... I'm sure you will see rims, tires, shocks springs, spools, CF goodies, down the road,,, other bodies I would think.... Takes a little time for the hop ups to show.... This isn't anything like any of the older Traxxas models really so there's not a lot of existing hop ups... Bearings,,,,,, now that's a consideration. Ensuring your pinion and diff ring is shimmed nicely will help smooth things out... Somtimes going to a long shock shaft on the front to allow more lift yet front wheel contact of the lauch and having variable dampers on the shocks like they had on the Platinum Revo,,, Ohh so much to play with on this...
    Robin Williams

RC Competitor
    Im not a big fan of jang but I don't see the need for the thread title ide be much happier seeing it go out of controll before buying instead of thinking it was perfect then finding out lol. The dragstas are cool in there own way and being brand new their bound to flip and spin but if i was a huge drag car fan that would please me too because its realistic and ide feel like a good driver posting a good time knowing the slightest mistake would ruin the run just like 1.1 you just don't like jang lol I know he reviews private rcs look at the forum rules there's no way traxxas would allow any negitivity on their own car lol I'm trying to find a mega upgraded funny car totally focussed on 100mph surly someone has tried. Which costs more the incredible xo1 or the funny car