RC Racer

ON/OFF Switch on ESC

I'm having issues with my on off switch on my car. It seems as though there is dirt and dust in it that isn't making a good connection. Yesterday I had to flip it on and off for probably 10 minutes before it turned on. Have any of you guys ever had this problem ?? It is getting really annoying. Its been acting up for 2 weeks now and it is just getting worse. Can I just buy a new switch for this ?? I can't see buying a ESC just to cure this problem. I've tryed blowing it out with compressed air which has done nothing. This darn switch is using up 5 to 10 minutes of time that I could be using for bashing time. And I don't have much time !!!
    Thanks in advance !!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i leave mine on all the time, i turn it off by unplugging the batteries.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Racer
    I usually disconnect mine and join the wires together. Or you can run the XL2 speedy that doesnt have a switch.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the replys !!! That sounds like a good solution. I just didn't want to make a run and turn around in time to out run traffic and the thing hits a bump and shuts off and gets ran over !!! I think I'll cut the wires and solder them together. That bypasses that problem !!!! Thanks again !!!! Josh

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i leave mine on all the time, i turn it off by unplugging the batteries.
    +1 unplug those lipos!

RC Qualifier
    I eliminate the switch on brand new esc's. U should unplug the lipos anyways so why have to turn off a switch and unplug a battery when you can do it all in one step

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Mine did the same exact thing. I removed the assembly and actually fixed it. The little metal prong got bent out of shape. I decided to remove it completely and solder the two wires together though. It really worried me that I had to bump the ESC in order for the switch to work. As you mentioned, the last thing you want to have happen is the ESC to shut off when you're clocking 90+mph.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Racer
    I actually turn it off and unplug the batteries. Its just a habit using the switch I guess. I didn't know if it was good for the system to plug the batteries in with the switch on. AnthonyV that was the worries I was having. Thanks again you guys.

RC Racer
    I just got done tearing the switch apart. Lots of crap in there. Cleaned it out good and it fires right up everytime. I think I'll leave the switch on now. Do any of you guys know if they make a 18 or 19 tooth Mod -1 Pinion for these cars ?? I can't seem to find one.

RC Racer
    They make mod 1 5mm shaft pinions from about 10tooth up. Places to look are amainhobbies or rc-monster.com

RC Racer
    Thanks man !!! I was using a 21 in my basher but with limited room on my road I was wrecking way too much stuff. Now I have a 17 in it and it is way too slow. I'm thinking a 19 will be perfect. With the 21 I was running 77 mph now I am hitting 67 with the 17 tooth. I have very limited space in front of my house but I'm making the most of it !!! LOL !!! Lots of my neighbors love it but one neighbor isn't. I leveled his mailbox. Snapped it right off !! I just got done doing some bashing and the on off switch doesn't miss a beat now. Thanks again !!!

RC Qualifier
    After fixing mine it worked everytime too... I just didn't want to take the chance of it ever failing which is why I removed it. That and I cracked the plastic housing trying to promote a tighter fitment of the housing/wire.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Champion
    I actually called Castle to ask why the XL2 doesn't have a switch and they said it's for the very reason of not losing power. They are made for 1/5 scale and a runaway 1/5 is no good for anyone.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    Great info !!!! Now you got me thinking about the switch again.

RC Qualifier
    no need to switch if its working like it should , the only reason i got a XL2 is running 8S or datalogging .
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    I just ordered a 19 tooth pinion from rcmonster. I think this gear will be perfect for bashing. Should hit 72 with that. Thanks again for all the help !!!

RC Qualifier
    Good morning all,

I just ran the X01 for the first time. It lasted for a few minutes and then just quit. Radio works however, the ESC doesn't power on. I removed the switch and crossed the wires and still no life. Any other possibilities? Thanks !!!!!!
    Can you pass me another screw?

RC Racer
    That doesn't sound good. It was a brand new car and only lasted a couple minutes ?? Did it smoke or does it stink ?? Did you try any other batteries ?? I had a pack go bad one time and it wouldn't fire up.

RC Champion
    See if your batteries still have voltage, my ESC killed some of my cheap batteries.

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4