Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Thumbs up Ford Raptor Flo-Tek with Reaper Body Wrap....

Hey guys. I finally installed my Reaper Body Wrap on my Proline Ford Raptor Flo-Tek. I'm going to do a little writeup on this install as best as I can. I'm really digg'n this.

What's needed:
    Body of Choice ( I used Proline Ford Raptor Flo-Tek )
    Body Wrap ( I used AMR Racing Body Wrap ) This is some thick stuff!!!
    Paint of Choice ( I used Black )
    Scissors ( Curved &/ or Strait )
    Hobby Knife
    Reemer
    Little bit of Patience =)

I started out with the usual preparation. Scuffed up the inside of the body with a Scotch brite pad. I stay away from the windows as I like them clear. I like to see my goodies inside. Next I clean the body with a mild soap and water, rinse it all off and let air dry over night or two. Only because I have a wonderful son, daughter and wife I enjoy spending time with. So I end up taking a few extra days to do things. LOL I then put the window mask tape on, usually what comes with the kits. Making sure they adhere with a good seal around the edges. I then shake the rattle cans for a good 5 minutes and spray them off to the side to get the paint flowing. I paint the first layer really light, especially around the windows so they get a good seal. I paint the next couple of coats a tad heavier. 3-4 coats are my usual and works. I've never had any chip or crack, so I must be doing something right. I let this dry for about a week. Only because I didnt have a chance to get to it any faster. Here are some pics of the body painted black. Sorry for the dark shots, I have to be kind of a night-owl to get to work on my truck, as mentioned earlier.

Front, right, & left sides of the body:

Under side:

.....to be continued....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Looks Great so far! Use shoe goo and dry wall tape if you really want this thing to last a long time.

.....continued.....

Nevermind the specs of dust.....ha. I cleaned/ prepped the Lid with alcohol and a shop towel ( typically leaves the least amount of lint behind. All this is backwards of what I usually do to paint a body. I usually cut, trim, & sand my Lids before I paint them. So now I start laying on the body wrap. Not that bad really. First off I start at the front hood of the truck with part of the wrap pealed off. This stuff is real sticky, uses 3M sticky/ glue to adhere to the body. I line it up and press it down and put it in place. I made sure to press all around each piece of wrap to get a good seal. Doing this slowly and pressing keeps most of the bubbles out, especially if you take your time. Here are some pics of some of the wrap going on. You will see some

Reaper Body Wrap by AMR Racing:

I put a few pieces on at a time then I take out the handy dandy heat gun. This helps around the corners to make them adhere and keep from coming off as easily. This also takes the wrinkles out that you see above. This is normal and nothing to worry about. It comes out real clean once you zap it with the heat gun. Every guy needs one of these tools. Man it puts out some heat, even on low. Beats the heck out of a hair dryer. Mainly because it concentrates on a smaller area vs the larger area a hair dryer does.

Heat Gun:

.....TBC......
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

.....continued......

Tons of pics guys. LOL

I'm showing you a little step by step to kinda see how they go on. I hit a section with the heat gun once they are in place and I like how they are looking.

Here is the finished product about an hour and a half later. Only because I took my time making sure everything lined up. I'm a stickler when it comes to perfection.

This is on my 2wd Slash to show the finished result. I'm going to mock it up tonight and mount it up on my Sl4sh. Of course it's going to look 100x better. LOL

Thanks for looking guys. I can't wait to go bash this puppy.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    DiggerPede, hey bud so far, so good. I'm going to be following this thread in an attempt to stretch the number of days I take to do my own paint work. Man, it's so easy to want to do it all in one day, in one color, lol.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the wrap you're using. I'll be checking back throughout the week. The more and more I see these sl4sh threads, the more I want one Later bud

Edit***Oh dang, that's sick man!***
    Last edited by Oaks; 08-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.

RC Racer
    that looks pretty sick man.
    Slash Ultimate MMP 2400KV
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

The little guy and I went bashing yesterday and I took a couple shots. I'm going to shoot a couple better ones in a couple days. He starts 4yr old soccer practice tonight and his exstatic.

Mounted on my Sl4sh. =p

Sorry, this one is a little blurry.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Looks great, love the raptor body alone and that wrap really sets it off! Can't wait till my little man is old enough to run an rc... He is only 1 1/2 and I'm already tempted to buy him a 1/16 slash! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    I think the wrap turned out stellar! I may have to pick that one up for my son. You did a great job...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    looks really good .how much does that style wrap go for ?

Need a black Outerwears cover now. Or orange?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Looks tight, and good steps and instructions for some of us that can look back on when they're doing their first body.

I just can't help but think the paint should have been orange, would have made the wrap look alot cooler, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by VXLoveit View Post
    Looks great, love the raptor body alone and that wrap really sets it off! Can't wait till my little man is old enough to run an rc... He is only 1 1/2 and I'm already tempted to buy him a 1/16 slash! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks man. Like anything else looks 1000x better in person! I just build my little boy a 1/16 MERV for his 4th b'day a little over a week ago. It has been every bit worth it. A 1 hr bash session isnt long enough for him. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I think the wrap turned out stellar! I may have to pick that one up for my son. You did a great job...
    Appreciate it. I learned a few things. I think next time i'm going to paint the body a color more natural to the design. Live & learn. It doesnt bother me that much but I see what I can do different the next go round.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    looks really good .how much does that style wrap go for ?
    $50 AMR Racing RC [dot] com. I found this site a litte while back.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Don't you like the clash??? After I bought that one I was like I should have just stuck with black.

Quote Originally Posted by tobz173 View Post
    Looks tight, and good steps and instructions for some of us that can look back on when they're doing their first body.

I just can't help but think the paint should have been orange, would have made the wrap look alot cooler, imo.
    No prob man. I've learned a little prep time & patience goes a long way. I've never had a body, chip, crack or peal. So I must be doing something right.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I have a black one now. Trying out a different brand from The Toyz, it's a zipper shroud from Dusty Motors. So far looks of good quality and very well made.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Love it digger, glad to see your still giving this truck your undivided attention! If it was mine, it would also need many parts by now too lol.good thing we have some serious miles between us lol. Just let me try it for a second.. lol as you hand me the tx, I'd hand you my credit card...... by the time you realized why ...it would be much to late.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I have a black one now. Trying out a different brand from The Toyz, it's a zipper shroud from Dusty Motors. So far looks of good quality and very well made....
    Instead of asking how it attaches, I went to theToyz website. Whaddya know - no mention of the attachment method there. At least the videos on the manuf. site are clear. Self-adhesive hook & loop strips, of course.
    In any case, it looks very good. I think we may have had the originator of that particular product/company on here for a while. Seemed to be a decent chap.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-03-2012 at 12:24 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Love it digger, glad to see your still giving this truck your undivided attention! If it was mine, it would also need many parts by now too lol.good thing we have some serious miles between us lol. Just let me try it for a second.. lol as you hand me the tx, I'd hand you my credit card...... by the time you realized why ...it would be much to late.
    What's up dude? Believe me I've seen your video's LOL. I'm taking the 2wd slash, p4de & the gopro out in a little over an hour. Charging some packs for our bashing session.

Instead of asking how it attaches, I went to theToyz website. Whaddya know - no mention of the attachment method there. At least the videos on the manuf. site are clear. Self-adhesive hook & loop strips, of course.
    In any case, it looks very good. I think we may have had the originator of that particular product/company on here for a while. Seemed to be a decent chap.
    Outerwears didn't have a shroud for my little guys MERV. So I picked one up from them to try out. The mesh is finer on this other brand. Quality seems to be very good.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore