RC poster

Angry TQI and fried SERVO

Hi Guys... I have a Traxxas Ken Block, Revo 5309, Vorza and a Savage X... I`ve installed the tqi receiver in all of my Cars.. All of then was working properly but this weekend i had some troubles with tqi in my Savage... I used Revo, Fiesta and Vorza but my trothle servo gone crazy in Savage X... I thought the problem was the servo then i tooked out that one and installed another one from better quality... The problem persists... Consequently the problem is with the TQI Receiver because in another cars it was running fine... I lost 2 steering servos in this car and i don`t want to loose anymore...
    The setting in my Savage is:
    TQI receiver with REVO setup
    Servos Burned (hpi sf50 and 2 tower pro mg996)
    I'm in the second receiver(TQI) because i thought the trouble was in the first receiver.
    The first tqi receiver burned sf50 and one mg996
    The second receiver burned one mg996.

RC poster
    you can reset Tqi Transmitter, then select the default 1 or.2 or.3 or.4 or.5

RC poster
    How do i reset my tqi transmitter?
    How do i select the default channel????

I don't think it's the receiver, I think it's something wrong in the Savage, maybe the linkage is putting too much stress on the servo or you have installed it incorrectly and forcing the servo on each side end. A receiver will not burn a servo as the power from the battery goes directly to the servo. Which battery are you using?
    Last edited by danielhr77; 08-27-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    dan
    balde and me along with a few others have exhibited servo problems after installing the tqi receiver for some reason

after the receiver instalation on my mustang the servo heats up (hot enought to rival the motor at the end of a 6 cell pack)
    but i got to admit the servo is still going. and has never done that with the 2218x receiver

but that to say the receiver has gone is for warrenty along with another receiver 2218x and a transmitter 2238
    something about the transmitter not liking the new tqi receiver making throttle channel two go bad
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC poster
    I'm using a Venom pack 6v.

RC poster
    [QUOTE=danielhr77;5272071]I don't think it's the receiver, I think it's something wrong in the Savage, maybe the linkage is putting too much stress on the servo or you have installed it incorrectly and forcing the servo?/QUOTE]
    I've tooked out the cheap servo and put one better... It's working now... I'm impressed because i used that servo in a lot of cars and it's not compatible with tqi

RC poster

Fried or Burned servo on TQI Receiver

Hi guys excuse for my bad english but let's try to clarify something about TQI receiver. The only servo that works on TQI (that i tryed) was the Traxxas servos, Futabas and Savox...
    I've try many servos on it like 6 models of Hobby King includding expensives servos and something about 10 ou 12 servos (MG995 and MG 996) and everyone burned on TQI.
    I don't know why but don't use anyone of these servos because they will burn.