RC Champion

Maintenance ? from NOOB

Wanting ideas on a maintenance program. No racing, mud, or water just dirt. Bought my slash back in May and want to avoid problems before they happen. How often do you replace bearings, gear lube, shock oil and such. I know (when they go bad) is a simple answer but i want to avoid that situation. Where I am going is do any of you go (OK it been this long I am replacing this regardless)? I attempted to remove the rubber plastic cover from a hub bearing to inspect and wound up getting more cuts on my fingers from the X-acto knife than I care to mention. I guess I am (ALOT) ocd when it comes to maintenance. I think it carries over from my drag racing days. Yes I have done the updates kingheadz mount al bushing Tekno axles F&R no lipo yet. I do check everything often all screws and bolts after every outing. Remove slipper every 10 packs check friction material thickness and adjust preload on sliper. Thanks for the help.

RC Qualifier
    If you wont like x-acto cuts use a good worm hook. I bass fish so i have them around. Absolute best way to remove bearing seal imo.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you are already doing what you should be to keep up with the maintenance. You have already upgraded the trouble spots and you are avoiding mud and water so your bearings should last for a long time
    No Limit RC of Maryland