Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Champion
    I guess I'll pull apart my F & R diffs while I'm waiting for my parts and change the oil I am thinking about trying what I seem another's user on here Is using 50k F 10K R 500k CD

RC Champion
    Should I go with metal shielded bearings, Teflon or rubber I'm
    About to buy 10 of each bearing of ebay

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Not the kit I got it just comes with an output shaft the cd is a whole different kit
    What kit did you get? Traxxas only makes 1 center diff kit (part 5414) and it includes the FOC.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pbflash View Post
    What kit did you get? Traxxas only makes 1 center diff kit (part 5414) and it includes the FOC.
    I do see what your saying when I look up that part number the one I ordered says nothing about coming with anything else so I guess I'll see when it gets here lol that sux o well it was just an extra $10 on parts I might not need lol

RC Champion
    I do see what your saying when I look up that part number the one I ordered says nothing about coming with anything else so I guess I'll see when it gets here lol that sux o well it was just an extra $10 on parts I might not need lol
    I didn't realize it either when I ordered mine and I ordered both as well. I kept the FOC figuring I would eventually strip a gear. That was a few years ago and the bag is still unopened.
    lots of mods

RC Champion
    Oh well I guess I'll sell it to someone else

RC Racer
    devo huh. i also did the same thing, got FOC straight off the bat thinking oh ill go CD later on... could have gone a CD kit and "saved" abit of coin in the long run
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.

RC Champion
    So I looks like I need the stock shock mounts to use the tekno sway bar kit ???

RC Racer
    pretty sure you do, from memory the sway bar mounts between the stock shock mounts and a add on thing thats supplied in the swaybar kit
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.

RC Champion
    Got my wing installed today....
    A few questions about a arms and knuckles
    Would it be better to use proline true trac arms on the rear or just the proline arms since the angles are adjustable also I am going to use these STRC KNUCKLES on the front and the rear if I don't get the true trac kit

RC Champion
    Next list of parts I'm buying any input??
    Tekno fuel tank conversion kit. link
    OFNA 250cc tank

BUKU clutch link

Maybe the buku pipe???link
    Last edited by Emaxx1991; 08-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.

RC Champion
    Also some badlands and 1/2" offset dish wheels (dyed black of course)
    Last edited by Emaxx1991; 08-30-2012 at 08:09 PM.

RC Champion
    Really need to figure out a way to get this RB nova carb to work on my revo I got it to fit on my tmaxx and it's a dang beast the 3.3 really wakes up with a 9mm throat the tunning window is much wider and it starts 1st or 2nd pull no matter if it's at the bottom of the window or top

Has anyone used this does it allow for a carb with a longer slide to be used Tekno Pro Throttle Linkage
    Last edited by Emaxx1991; 08-31-2012 at 05:57 AM.

RC Champion
    Anyone have any info on this??^^^^^^^^

RC Champion
    Also would a rear break help me any ?

RC Champion
    Also would a rear break help me any ?
    If you installed the FOC then you only have front brakes. Rear brakes would help a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991
    Has anyone used this does it allow for a carb with a longer slide to be used Tekno Pro Throttle Linkage
    Not sure but couldn't you adjust your linkage to open it more? The carb on my hyper has a longer slide and I'm using the stock lingage.
    lots of mods

RC Champion
    The arm on the slide is also shorter I want to use the ball cup type I think the tekno linkage would fix my issue i also hear its a better design over stock
    Last edited by Emaxx1991; 08-31-2012 at 06:22 PM.

RC Champion
    a carb from engine specifically you using
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Competitor
    Emaxx1991,

i love my Tekno fuel tank conversion with the 250cc tank - runs forever. Be sure to tune with 1/2 tank, mine runs a little rich when full and lean when empty, but managable.

as for STRCknuckles, i would not use aluminum knuckles - there are many posts about the problems associated with aluminum parts (just my opinion). I would recommend these:

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1014-...ers-revo-maxx/

I like the front sway bar from tekno, but prefer the Traxxas rear sway bar.

You need to buy the rear break kit if you use the center diff.

I have heard excellent things about the buku clutch, though it seems I hear more about THS pipes - not sure though, I do not own them.

never used the tekno throttle linkage, it bothers me that the linkage sticks out beyond the roll cage.

just my thoughts, hope it helps!

Justin

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kgombe1 View Post
    a carb from engine specifically you using
    I couldn't decipher this Lol....the carb I'm using is an RB Nova mega the throat is 9mm it came with a 7.5 mm insert but I'm not using it

Quote Originally Posted by Third Coast RC View Post
    Emaxx1991,

i love my Tekno fuel tank conversion with the 250cc tank - runs forever. Be sure to tune with 1/2 tank, mine runs a little rich when full and lean when empty, but managable.

as for STRCknuckles, i would not use aluminum knuckles - there are many posts about the problems associated with aluminum parts (just my opinion). I would recommend these:

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1014-...ers-revo-maxx/

I like the front sway bar from tekno, but prefer the Traxxas rear sway bar.

You need to buy the rear break kit if you use the center diff.

I have heard excellent things about the buku clutch, though it seems I hear more about THS pipes - not sure though, I do not own them.

never used the tekno throttle linkage, it bothers me that the linkage sticks out beyond the roll cage.

just my thoughts, hope it helps!

Justin
    Thanks for the info man I didn't under stand why the tekno knuckles come with out drive stubs??

RC Champion
    I couldn't decipher this Lol....the carb I'm using is an RB Nova mega the throat is 9mm it came with a 7.5 mm insert but I'm not using it
    LOL... ok but you answered... thought you were using a carb from the RB523 engine.. those things make the 3.3 come up.. so you saying the carb from a .21 engine fits the 3.3..

RC Champion
    I just assumed that's what u ment lol.... I turned the carb down to fit

RC Champion
    Just got a bunch of parts

RC Champion
    So I think since I'm having trouble keeping traction at my track I'm going to start with the 100k in the CD since that will let more power unload to the front if that don't work to well I'll mix some 500k in and try to get about a 300k mix

RC Champion
    ummmhh.. you do not want to go 100k in the center... it will blow your engine.. it unloads too much...

RC Champion
    Don't do it, go with 500 and don't look back. 100 will unload to fast and defeat your purpose. Stay with what you said, 50/500/30 or 50/500/10. 300 only if the track is real loose or loamy. I don't mean loose from not getting traction or running the wrong tire I mean the track surface is loose. You just need to find the right tire combo. I have never seen anyone racing Badlands so I am glad to see you changed your mind. I would look for a smaller pin tire than what you had on there. The VTR's are nice but that rim is not offset and the offsets will help you alot. Also I would go to the extended rear arm's to make the truck longer. I would also put the variable damping kit in the shocks it will help alot as well.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Champion
    Ok so should I start with 300k or just put in the 500k

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pntmachine View Post
    Don't do it, go with 500 and don't look back. 100 will unload to fast and defeat your purpose. Stay with what you said, 50/500/30 or 50/500/10. 300 only if the track is real loose or loamy. I don't mean loose from not getting traction or running the wrong tire I mean the track surface is loose. You just need to find the right tire combo. I have never seen anyone racing Badlands so I am glad to see you changed your mind. I would look for a smaller pin tire than what you had on there. The VTR's are nice but that rim is not offset and the offsets will help you alot. Also I would go to the extended rear arm's to make the truck longer. I would also put the variable damping kit in the shocks it will help alot as well.
    Awesome thanks for the advice I'll look into the extended rear arms and other stuff u mentioned also I'm thinking about using some extended hubs with the VTRs is that a bad idea

RC Champion
    I posted right before you, Kgombe is right. Even those that got the Platinums which came with 100k changed them right away to 500K.
    RBMods

RC Champion
    I would not go extended hub it will be hard on the bearings and carriers. You can run no offset wheels as we all have, I just like the stability of a wider stance.
    RBMods

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pntmachine View Post
    I would not go extended hub it will be hard on the bearings and carriers. You can run no offset wheels as we all have, I just like the stability of a wider stance.
    Yea I do to I wish proline still stocked the 1/2"offset 4.0 wheels

RC Champion
    The reason is is there is no target vehicles racing anymore for offsets wheels. The Revo doesn't race much anymore. The Truggys that ran them, MBX5T, Kyosho STR now runs factory extended hubs on there newer trucks.
    RBMods

RC Champion
    I just emailed proline about these http://prolineracing.com/wheels/velo...offset-wheels/

RC Champion
    They may have good news but might be hard to find. Came back 0 on ebay. Don't forget those have a bead like the traxxas wheel and only the VTR tires fit them.
    RBMods

RC Champion
    Yea I have some losi rims with tires I can use for other wheels I just hope I can find some I really like how wide this is but I think the VTRs would get better traction it Seams like these just ride on top instead of digging in

RC Champion
    Would these work i can get all 4 for 10 bucks duratrax wheels

RC Champion
    The ones on your truck are offset wheels, you can see how your carriers are visible on the inside.

These are no offset and you can see how the carrier is inside the hub.
    Last edited by pntmachine; 09-05-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    RBMods

RC Champion
    Yea I have some losi rims with tires I can use for other wheels I just hope I can find some I really like how wide this is but I think the VTRs would get better traction it Seams like these just ride on top instead of digging in
    to much positive camber on the front...

RC Champion
    Ok I got a bit done today.... TEKNO sway bar kit installed
    Fixed my camber/toe problems I think and fitted a fuel filter and adjusted my throttle servo and air filter

RC Champion
    Got the 500k in the CD and installed the tranny I'm going to the track on sunday(with no rear brakes) I'll see if she handles any better