RC Champion

Just wanted to share the good news

I finally got my Slash up and going. I was waiting on the esc from traxxas and batteries. I picked up a couple 9.6 5000 venom batteries. I got 2 9.6 bats off ebay for $75 shipped and they got to my house in 3 days. There noticeably more powerful than the stock battery and seem to last almost twice as long. I just couldn't afford lipos and a charger this week. Truth is, the 9.6 gives me just the right amount of power to have fun and learn a little about driving 4wd. I always ran 2wd nitros. The electric low end is something new to me. I rolled over, in my house, just doing a 3 point turn lol. I hit reverse and up and over she went. I spent the past 2 months rebuilding this truck and all the effort payed off in a big way. She ran like she was brand new. Witch she should considering I replaced every bearing, gear, screw, ect. I also got most of the rpm parts; including some cool white shock towers, a-arms and body mounts, alum motor mounts, carbon motor plate and esc fan. I plane on picking up the center diff and sway bars. Is there something I didn't think of that I should get. Now that i'm up and running you will probably see allot more of me around here. Also, the more I ran the truck, I think I want to go back to a shorter truck. I'm think a carbon pede chassis for a race setup. I ordered a stock pede chassis, shaft cover and shaft this morning to make sure its what I want. Did I miss anything for the pede conversion? I dont want the pede bumpers, body and wheeels. I have a few rustler bodies that will look nice and a pede chevy pickup body that was on on of my nitro rustys. The rpm mounts will work for mounting the rusty body with a couple added holes. I just got 8 black chrome all stars with 4 PL badlands and PL road rage tires. The rpm mounts will work for mounting the rusty body with a couple added holes. Heres that video. Let me know what you think Thanks
    Shaggy...

RC Champion
    Heres some more action. She wanted to earn her wings... I went through 4 runs of these conditions and nothing broke. Wow, an RPMed out slash is just bulletproof. The motor shifted out of place one a at 0:16, the steering is a little sloppy now and I went through what seems like a million body clips but thats the everyday stuff for me lol. There were lots of crashes that I took out to keep this video short, simple and online the next day. Yesterday was a great day for video but everyone was mowing there lawns and the kids were out screaming. It ruined the audio in most of the video I got anyway. I decided not to get into all the editing and just cut right to the jumps. I started my day with a goal of getting a backflip. I said to my self, "if this truck cant flip, she goes on ebay." I landed 7 and and a few front flips. Also a couple of the backflips were on a low battery. I love this truck! It takes the beating it needs to to stay in my collection.
    Shaggy...

RC Racer
    gotta love the amount of abuse these trucks will take. great videos
    Slash Ultimate MMP 2400KV
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

Nice Backflips!!

Dude that big white house looks haunted.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    LOL I live on an ancient indian burial ground. Has anyone in the MA area heard of the Bridgewater Triangle? Its so funny you said that O.G.! Thanks
    Shaggy...

RC Racer
    Your gear mesh sounds a little tight......
    Nitro soup@urc forums-Andrew Nabb on youtube

RC Champion
    Your right Maxx, it was tight but I have a bunch of extra gears and just wanted play time lol. Thanks anyway. I know I should of stopped right away but I honestly didn't care about stripping a spur. It caused the slipper to loosen so that when I stopped and did some work. I didn't let it get too hot ether. Shes quiet now. Or at least I think. This is my first electric in years so I still need to get used to how she should sound. My slipper loosened up again today and I stopped right away and took care of it. On my nitros, the second something dosn't sound/ feel right, I know what to do right away. I'm just getting the hang of the electrics now. Thank you guys for the compliments. I did a little on road crusing today and I have some on board video to post later tonight. I'll just keep my videos and pics that come in the future in this thread to try to keep the forum clean. This is just the beginning. I have a couple more roads to hit with the cameras, and then i'll go back to the off road tune with a pede chassis. Soon enough, i'll start my next project witch will be a ground up street slash with carbon lcg chassis. I'm thing of trying Jato arms on it but I may just slap on some protrac arms.
    Shaggy...

RC Champion
    Heres the video from the one run I got in today. Enjoy.
    Shaggy...

RC Qualifier
    nice vids man keep them coming .and sway bars make a big difference in the truck ,but the p4de seems alittle twitchy in the handling department now i just got my first p4de and still working on it but that my first take coming from the sl4sh

RC Enthusiast
    Time to put that car away and mow the lawns son.
    If it isn't broke, try to break it.

RC Champion
    Thanks lol I mowed it yesterday. Sway bars are on the list.
    Shaggy...

RC Champion
    Heres another run with the onboard camera. Still no sway bars but I dialed in the suspension a little better.
    Shaggy...

RC Champion
    Well I'm back. I never went far from RC but I just haven't had much time to go online. The job at the gas station keeps me busy. Any free time went into building a race track in the woods behind my house. The slash in the past videos was turned into a stampede for a while and is now back as a slash. I also built another slash on a dyed black lcg chassis with 1/8 buggy wheels, castle 2200 motor and esc, protrack arms, tekno center shaft under a ford raptor p/u body. I'll post a couple videos and pics. As much as I love my trucks, I feel the need to show off my track lol. Both trucks are race tuned, running 2s and 3s lipos. And 4sdash, I got sway bars on both trucks now and wish I got them sooner. Thanks for the tip. Also the center diffs may be the best money spent. Well here are a couple videos. The first is one lap around the track with the onboard camer. The second video is a long mix of track time with both trucks. Hope you guys enjoy. I'll get some pics up later.

Shaggy...

RC Champion
    Here are a few pics of my trucks. I can't find pics of my slash 4x4 hcg without the body so I take some more pics later. Not pictured is the tekno center shaft in the lsg and proline body mounts on the hsg. The other trucks are Nitro Rustlers; one on a carbon fiber chassis tuned for the street with 3.3, stupid fast, in fact, its undefeated. The other rusty is on a custom extend chassis with jato arms and a t-maxx chevy p/u body. Basically its a 1/8th nitro rusty and keeps up with revos. At one point in time, it was a nitro slash before traxxas made a nitro slash lol. I know these are not the best trucks on the forum but I love them like they are. Well, heres my fleet.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Shaggy...