RC poster

Thumbs up Recommendations on 3S for E-Revo 1/10

OK, I've done some searching and reading and didn't find what I wanted.

So now I just need some advice.

I've been running a pair of 2s (40-80c) 7.6's in my brushless E-Revo for sometime now and found them a great batt. They provide more than enough power for max fun for the E-Revo. But there are times I want longer run times, so now I am wanting another set of batts. This time thinking of 3S.
    For those of you that use 3S in your brushless E-Revo (1/10) what type/brand/capacity/discharge do you recommend and where can you get them online???

Even better, if you know of a place in Oz that stocks them....

Dune....

This post has been edited to remove the name of a website and/or brand that is banned on this forum. Please do not mention this website or it's products in the future.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-18-2012 at 10:45 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I run SPC lipos and they are a great lipo for the price. They have a 3s 5400mah 50c battery for a good price
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Enthusiast
    Pls see my question here, maybe will help you:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...as-E-revo-5608

Unless it is a name brand on Ebay I wouldn't buy off brands. See thread above for alot of good info.....
    I ran 21/54............3s

Now if you want longer run time you will not get it going to a set of 3s.
    Longer run time look at a 9200 mAh 2S.....
    I also have it geared for 21/54.... low 50 mph.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Enthusiast
    Anyone using the 9200 mAh Batteries listed above? Just curious what kind of run times you get.

My 9000 will get right at an hour depending on your LVC........& driving style...

5000 30 min
    8000 45 min
    9000 60 min

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashDigger View Post
    I run SPC lipos and they are a great lipo for the price. They have a 3s 5400mah 50c battery for a good price
    where can you get these lipos from? i run 5000mah 35 - 70c lipos and they dont last more than half hour 45 mins whe driving it hard, and they get warm and slightly puffy if run to lvc. i need some better 3s!! or is this about normal? i have had the revo for a while and not run any other brand in it apart from these 6000mah 3s boost lipos that i had a bad experience with, but they did last longer. info would be greatly appreciated folks, i was going to buy traxxas 5000mah lipos but they are 70 something pounds each over in the uk! very ouch.......

This post has been edited to remove the name of a website and/or brand that is banned on this forum. Please do not mention this website or it's products in the future.
    ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-20-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: brand not wanting to be mentioned...

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you very much for that. I will be investing in some 9k+ mAh batteries next go round for sure. I love my new spc's but the half hour run on the 5200 mAh could be alot better hehe.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    thanks for that mate. sadly i wont be getting any though, the postage to my country is 107 dollars on its own, im not paying that its too expensive. any other good brand lipos out there? and if Yooperrc only gets half hour out of his, then my lipos last longer than that only on 5000mah, his are 5200. i think i will have to just keep using my packs until they kick the bucket. thanks for the info folks.

ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.

SMC, SPC, Traxxas all good batts
    haven't read much about Genace, I think they are ok batts

RC Qualifier
    the truck is really current hungry (especially peak currents) so make sure you high on C rating. even tho some measure them and they are all marketing stuff but anyway...

ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-20-2012 at 09:01 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Using 5,000mAh 30C 6s at the moment, depending on gearing and torque & punch control settings you should get 20-30minutes easy out of them. If you want longer run time go higher mAH.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!