RC Qualifier

bad batch of cvds?

I recently bent the right rear shafts on my truck after a hard right side landing which was completely understandable and was 100% user error. but within the last week i have purchased at least 7 5154 shafts to replace broken ones. I do not bend them, they explode.usually it is the ball end that goes to the wheel, but one of them was the front right shaft. i have reverted back to stocks on the right side and i even bumped up the power and driving style to see if something else was causing it, and they were fine. the left side is still the original cvds that i purchased a while ago. Did traxxas put out a bad batch of them, or am I just having the worst luck in the world, only on one side, and only the ones that i replaced. I will try to include some pictures of the ones that i kept, but some of them were destroyed beyond recognition in a moment of rage when i went through 60 dollars of replacements. Is there anything that traxxas can do for me? i literally get 2 minutes per shaft. 1 minute and 30 seconds of that is the time it takes to get to the track and to warm up the diffs.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Qualifier

here you go

That's unlucky mate...and they are'nt cheap to replace either the traxxas cvd's. I've never used those except for the traxxas centre cvd which I've had no issues with.

I use summit drive shafts on 6s and have had a lot of success with these. They are also cheap and easy to replace.

Those could very well be a bad batch considering your hardly using them and they doing that
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Give traxxas a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why do you need them? I get months out of the stockers. I can see when they are starting to streach out & they are about to break. With the steel shafts, they can snap at any time. bummer & GL2U......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I do not see how you could be breaking them and they must have a manufacturing problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Money pit View Post
    I recently bent the right rear shafts on my truck after a hard right side landing which was completely understandable and was 100% user error. but within the last week i have purchased at least 7 5154 shafts to replace broken ones. I do not bend them, they explode.usually it is the ball end that goes to the wheel, but one of them was the front right shaft. i have reverted back to stocks on the right side and i even bumped up the power and driving style to see if something else was causing it, and they were fine. the left side is still the original cvds that i purchased a while ago. Did traxxas put out a bad batch of them, or am I just having the worst luck in the world, only on one side, and only the ones that i replaced. I will try to include some pictures of the ones that i kept, but some of them were destroyed beyond recognition in a moment of rage when i went through 60 dollars of replacements. Is there anything that traxxas can do for me? i literally get 2 minutes per shaft. 1 minute and 30 seconds of that is the time it takes to get to the track and to warm up the diffs.
    Get rid of the Wing & Tighten slipper all the way

RC Qualifier
    ok, thanks guys, I got them because I was tired of the plastic ones wearing out, but this has just turned into a nightmare, I knew that they would break but not in a 30 second run... and originally i loved them because they held up so well, but i am kicking myself now for trying to jump what i did and got it wrong. hopefully traxxas can do something for me. Thanks to all of you.

RC Competitor
    Spend a little extra money on the MIP CVD's. I migrated from Summit axles to MIP a while ago and haven't looked back.

If anything ever happens to them, give MIP a call and they will help you out.