The Life of my Rc Car, Coyote...

(Coyote is the name my family and friends gave my Slayer, because I would chase them around, and it makes alot of noise, they say, "that's more anyoing than a screaming coyote!" and thus, the names sticks.) I started this thread so I could update it as time goes on so I don't have to start more threads, and so far, this is what has happened to "Coyote" since I got it... I got it on May 20 2012 for $465. Ouch. It's been worth it so far though... Anyway, I had a hard time breaking it in because I was new to nitro, and I didn't know what I was doing. After 2 days of struggling to break it in, it was finally done. I on the tank that you try to tune it from break in, I noticed a loud clicking sound. I tried to figure out what it was, but I couldn't for the life of me (Again, I was a noob) So I tore the entire truck apart to fin the sound. It turned out to be the rear diff ring gear, and because it was almost new, I called Traxxas about it. They sent me parts to basicly make a new diff, except for the diff cases. I love Traxxas custmer support, that's why I will NEVER buy another rc brand. If Traxxas doesn't make it, I won't buy it. Anyway, back to the topic, Every thing went well for 5-10 tanks, untill that REALLY stupid problem I had with the throttle sticking after a WOT. After $14 for a carb body, $40 for a new carb, and a o ring kit for the engine and fuel tank, it still didn't go away. After alot of bad words, it turned out to be a slightly too lean lsn. I wasted $65 trying to fix it in vain. Moral of the story, don't buy parts untill you're sure it's not your tune. Every thing after that went well, and it worked perfectly for a gallon and a half. Then, I dicsided to get new tires and rims to replace the almost slick stock tires. I got some Pro Line Epic Beadlock rims for the Slayer, and I mounted 4 Pro Line switch tires on them. I LOVE how they look, and how they perform. Then I made custom mud flaps for "Coyote" out of foam pads, piano wire, and super glue. They have held up quite nicely so far. Untill today, every thing was great. Then I just had to go out and ruin my clutch spring, and the glow plug wire in one day. Here is a picture timeline of how things have gone. New out the box, My first bad crash Broke a carb body, New tires and rims! My custom mud flaps. Hope you enjoy! (I will post more as things happen)
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Hey mods, I seem to have double posted my thread, could you please delete this one? I know double threads are againest the rules, sorry, I didn't notice it posted twice... Thanks!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 08-30-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde