RC Racer

Slash 4x4 motor problems

Hey guys, I have a slash 4x4 and i was running it today with a 15t pinion and stock spur with a 2s lipo,but i had to use my ezrun 30amp esc, which ive been running for about a month and suddendly, the truck just stoped. I didnt smell any thing and the motor was cool but the esc was hot and the motor wont move the car. Its just stuttering, that is what happened to my ezrun 4300kv motor and i looked and the magnet cracked. I just want to know if my motor is toast or not
    Nitro soup@urc forums-Andrew Nabb on youtube

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if the motor was cool, and the esc hot, i will say the issue is the esc, there is no way to know until you start the elimination process, using diff motor or diff esc.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 08-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.

RC Racer
    Im on the forums now so i can let it cool off a bit. I am about to check it and then i wil get back to you with the results.Thanks

I just checked again same thing. So i took the motor off and took off the black cap at the end and then i took the screws out of the can, then i took the rotor out it had no cracks nothing seemed wrong with it. So i looked inside the can, it all looked good but just incase i blew it out with the air compressor and I checked the bearings, there all good. So does anybody know if my motor just blew or not?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-18-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: post merge

I'm betting it's your esc. 30 amps is tiny for that motor. I would aim for atleast 120.
    ERBE, 8ight, 8ight-t, b4,b44, scte, slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Ok thanks. that was just a tamporary setup for the truck anyways. I got a new slash 4x4 roller coming on sunday, do you think a hk 60amp sensored esc paired witha 11.5t 3350kv sensored setup would be good for this truck? I jnow nobody likes being asked what sytem they run at the track and having to awnser . . . But you cant beat that price

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-18-2012 at 09:27 AM.

I think even a 60amp is too small. Like i said i'd go for 120.
    ERBE, 8ight, 8ight-t, b4,b44, scte, slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    i would personally go with a 120a

RC Racer
    Ok, tagnks for all the feedback. Ill try to find a 120amp or higher esc thats sencerored.

I would personnaly go wit a Mamba Max Pro esc! I have used these esc's and they have done me very well! They will also run sensored motors extremely well
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

+1 on the MMP. They last for years and do what they're supposed to do. I like playing around with the settings on my PC.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...