hi all
    i have a 2 year old erevo so i decided to upgrade to the latest
    4ch tqi transmitter
    i hooked up iphone and it decided to upgrade
    it all hooks up to car and iphone ok

i took car out today for first time with new tqi controller
    but once car got about 20m away from me it lost control and stopped
    so i walk close to it and i get control back

on the iphone screen it says batteries are 3 out of 4 bars full so they should be ok
    tried another set of batteries with same results

its like at an exact length the transmitter looses the reciever

Please call us or send us an e-mail (support@traxxas.com) Make sure you have registered your vehicle here first. http://traxxas.com/register
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    im pretty sure i registered the erevo afew years ago but ill double check
    this weekend im taking it out with old Rx and will link it with old Tx and new Tqi Tx and see if one is better than the other
    this way ill know if its tx or rx problem

then ill give traxxas an email

thanks

jim

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
    im pretty sure i registered the erevo afew years ago but ill double check
    this weekend im taking it out with old Rx and will link it with old Tx and new Tqi Tx and see if one is better than the other
    this way ill know if its tx or rx problem

then ill give traxxas an email

thanks

jim
    Ditto here. Just upgraded to the 4 channel Tqi system and loose signal 30-40 feet out. hIGHLY disappointed. Swapped back to the old receiver and transmitter and no issue at all. Looks like I'll have to go to Traxxas as well with this........
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Racer
    Went to Traxxas today here in Plano. Was NOT impressed at all. Basically, leave it with us for about a week and we will let you know. And BTW the receivers are on back order so we can't replace it. So far, Traxxas Tqi = 0 Dis-satisfaction = level 10

Brand new out of the box equipment that doesn't work and a we don't care attitude and if we did, we don't have the parts available to make it right.
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Champion
    I've seen this mentioned a lot on the forums, this is strange. My TQi that came with my Summit works amazingly well! I have a Spectrum DX3E and it's recently behaving the same way your TQi is, it's strange and extremely annoying. I don't even drive my mini e-revo anymore BECAUSE of it.

But for whatever it's worth, the TQi that I got in the box works extremely well for me at least, so there was obviously some sort of supplier/manufacturer change at some point because again, I've been reading about lousy TQis so MUCH more recently.

RC Qualifier
    I have 2 TQi 2 channel TX, the other works perfectly and the other one I sent it back to Traxxas. For they called "flushing" the TX, a lot of complaints on this TX whether 2,3,4 channels, I'm worrying one day that my TX will be out dead.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.