RC poster

Question Does anyone one know how to make the rear brake stronger ?

Dear all,

Finally got time to break in the engine. Now I gotta spend time to tune.
    AWESOME TRUCK ! NITRO RULES !!

Got the center diff. & rear brake installed.

I found that it's hard to adjust the rear brake to get more stopping power.
    now everytime when I stop the truck, the front wheel will lock "Before" the rear one.
    Try to turn the knob all the way still won't lock plus it drag when the brake not apply.
    (No Good).

Any suggestion ? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

At the track man Revo owners went with the center diff kit... Seems the biggest issue was getting the brakes dialed in.... Some changed out the linkage rods for thicker material with less flex in the bends making the brakes more responsive.

If you go to the LHS go to the airplane section and you will probably find steel rods in various diameters and lengths, they use them for controlling the rudders and things like that so it's plenty strong.

This seems to help, best way to see if your linkages are stretching/flexing is to turn your electronics on and hit the brakes with the rear adjusted as tight as you prefer.. If you see the linkages bending it's a sure sign of what I have posted.

Hope this helps
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    Yes it does. when I try to push the brake. it always had play from the linkage where the bend is. But the problem is that the linkage needs to be bend otherwise it won't go though the servo horn hole due to the tranny housing.

Will try look for those steel rod. Hopefully I can find some that thick enough but small enough to went though the servo
    horn & the rod that push the caliper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    At the track man Revo owners went with the center diff kit... Seems the biggest issue was getting the brakes dialed in.... Some changed out the linkage rods for thicker material with less flex in the bends making the brakes more responsive.

If you go to the LHS go to the airplane section and you will probably find steel rods in various diameters and lengths, they use them for controlling the rudders and things like that so it's plenty strong.

This seems to help, best way to see if your linkages are stretching/flexing is to turn your electronics on and hit the brakes with the rear adjusted as tight as you prefer.. If you see the linkages bending it's a sure sign of what I have posted.

Hope this helps

To keep the brakes from dragging you can also take the spring out of an old clicker pen. Cut it in half and put the 2 springs you made from the 1 between the brake pads. It helps keep the pads separated off of the rotor. I know it works on the regular brake, not sure about the rear one.

AWESOME TRUCK ! NITRO RULES !!
    Amen! I would try what CarGuy7a said, and do what Nitronaught said too.
    What I great idea! I never thought of that!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Yes sir !!
    Am actually trying Carguy method. Hopefully that 2 screws is long enough for me to put the spring in. The thing is I need to
    put at least 4 springs in because there's 3 steel caliper to sandwich 2 brake pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Amen! I would try what CarGuy7a said, and do what Nitronaught said too. What I great idea! I never thought of that!