RC Racer

LST2 diffs - upgrade

Can some1 please list what parts do I need exactly for this upgrade!!!

Please also don't refer me to other threads ! (eg Mitch's thread)

Do I have to do both or just rear (as that's the one iv blown twice).

Every1 help would be great...! Just want to keep this simple !

Thanks to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer

LST2 diffs - upgrade

You have to do both

I guess you have read the other threads and know what to do, now you just want a list of what you need?

Well it depends on how you buy the diffs! If you can track down complete LST2 diffs (can sometimes find them in eBay but they are getting harder to find) then buy two of them.

Then all you need is the Revo coupling from RC Monster to connect you diffs to the drive shaft and some stock stub axles to saw off at the thread to make your output shafts.

Dremel away the diff case a little, Dremel away the bulkhead a lot and boom - you're done! But Mitch's thread says it & shows it a lot better.

If you cant find complete diffs - you'll need to buy all the bits separately - there is a thread that lists all of these parts & part numbers.

Good luck

RC Racer
    Thanks clinical !!!!

I can get complete set for $75.

The only issue is I'm using MIP drive shafts and won't work unless I modify and change parts etc... and the complete set doesn't come with the center diff dog bone.

RC Racer
    The centre dog bone that comes with some of the LST2 diffs is not useful anyway - it is far too short. You need to use either the stock or Traxxas steel centre drive shafts. With the stock centre shafts you can use the Revo coupling from RC monster. With the traxxas steel centres you use the LST diff coupling plus some washers and shrink wrap to keep the pin in (I actually ended up tack welding my pin in)

As for the MIP driveshafts - yes you'll need to modify the diff output to drive shaft attachments.

RC Racer
    So ur saying buy the complete 2 losi diffs, then buy or use standard centre bone... And buy 4 stub axles n saw off ? is that right?

RC poster
    From Mitch's Thread post #162

2 x Losi LOSB3532 Blue Aluminum Differential Case
    2 x Losi LOSB3528 Heavy Duty Differential Cup
    2 x Losi LOSB3534 Differential Ring & Pinion
    2 x Losi LOSB3538 Differential Bevel Gears
    2 x Losi LOSB3541 Differential Drive Yoke because I used the traxxas centre CVD
    2 x Losi LOSB3523 CV Driveshaft Rebuild Set for the yoke
    2 x Losi LOSB3540 Differential Outdrive Set I only needed the pin for the traxxas stub axle
    2 x Losi LOSA6942 Sealed Ball-Bearings 4/diff
    1 x Dub2108 Du-Bro Flat Washer 2.5mm for the yoke to attach to centre cvd conversion
    1 x KYO96644 Kyosho 8 X 10mm Shim Set you need 8mm shims for this diff and 6mm
    2 x Traxxas 5454 Steel Stub Axles if you using traxxas cvd's

RC Qualifier
    You don't really need the Losi diff out drive set just to get those pins. I found that the pins that fit the stock tmaxx wheel hexes will work instead.
    Revo OS 21 TM
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Racer
    Thank you soo much pazimon ! True gentleman

Thank as well rock-rod !!!!