RC Enthusiast

Slash 4x4 Dual shock setup front and rear

Found some relatively inexpensive aluminum shocks and decided to run a dual shock setup. There are still some adjustments and final touches that need to be made but I am waiting for a couple of small pieces. I was running RPM A-arms but the stock Traxxas arms provide much better mounting areas and I didn't really want to mess up my RPM arms working on a prototype.

I figure others have done this before and I wanted to see some of their work. I am also curious about any other customized options people have made for their trucks. Post any custom mods you have made for your Slash 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    really nice slash, very very nice slash- i would offer you a trade but that would seem like a slap across the face, keep up the good work man- love that rim/tire combo, what motor and esc are you running?
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Racer
    What shocks are they? It looks awesome! I have a video on YouTube on my 4 shocks that are on the rear. Search slash 4x4 four shock mod.

RC Qualifier
    +1 on this truck being beautiful

That looks great! Could you post a pic of it without the body? I would like a good look at your setup.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    how does it work for you does it help on big jumps ,and what for shock oil are you running

RC Champion
    That looks sweet mate, good job

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Qualifier
    What rim and tire is that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the great responses! I am running the stock Velineon system for now. Only had the truck for a couple of months and have too many other things to spend $ on. I also like that it is waterproof because I seem to find water if its out there.

The wheels are 2.2" RPM Revolvers with the wide wheelbase. The tires are RC4WD Rock Stompers. (Currently on sale for $13 a pair). They are great looking tires and can be run on a variety of looser surfaces but if you run on anything that has more grip, (slightly damp grass, etc) they are too big for top speeds. I am looking at trying out some beadlock rims to see how those work.

The shocks are from Redcat racing and are made to fit all types of 1/10 scale vehicles. (I have a Redcat Nitro in my fleet as well) They aren't high quality but they are much better than you would think. They look good enough and are cheap enough that you don't mind bashing em. They come with a relatively heavy oil but light springs. The springs need to be changed on the rear for the weight of the Slash. I haven't changed the rear springs yet on mine which is why I have the shocks adjusted the way they are.

Installing the first front setup, (on the side opposite the one pictured), I screwed up the mounting point. I don't think the A-arm will hold out for very long as is. I have another on order so I can remount it to match the side pictured. At that point I can go out an bash it and give a full report. I will have to get back with any changes in setup, oils, springs, and of course how it performs. Figure there will be quite a bit of fine tuning.....

I will post some pics without the body as soon as I get it all finished up

RC Enthusiast
    Controlled- I watched your YouTube vid. Did you mount your shocks on RPM A-arms?

RC Racer
    Yes, I used RPM arms. You may want to be carefull when drilling a hole in the back because the RPM arm isnt flat. You will have to keep it still right in the center.

RC Qualifier
    Vary nice man!
    More pics of that cage please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    If you search "custom roll cage" you can find another thread I have for the cage. The pictures there are from the first paint job and with some mesh body panels made for the cage. It has since taken quite a beating and held up well. The parts I need should be here soon and I will fix the shock setup and take a bunch of new pics, I will include a couple without the body so you guys can see the cage and my setup a little better.

RC Champion
    Sweet truck!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer