RC Racer

1/8 foam donuts/rough cuts need help!!!

Hey guys, I've been looking everywhere for foam donuts but cant seem to find them any where, do they not make or sell them anymore? Looking for somethings that's the same size as the BSR foamies but so far no luck. You guys know of anyone or manufacture where I could order a few sets? Thanks in advance guys

RC poster
    GREAT QUESTION! 15-20 years ago we could buy it by the stick and cut our own widths. Like you, I have not had any luck either. When searching, don't over-look the fact "tires" might be spelled a different way (tyres). Some of the best information sometimes can be found by intentionally mis-spelling what you are looking for. Some people that write INDEX files cannot spell, type, proof-read, or spell-check.
    Quote Originally Posted by FartOfDoom View Post
    Hey guys, I've been looking everywhere for foam donuts but cant seem to find them any where, do they not make or sell them anymore? Looking for somethings that's the same size as the BSR foamies but so far no luck. You guys know of anyone or manufacture where I could order a few sets? Thanks in advance guys

RC poster
    02-19-2012, 07:41 PM #6
    bakaguyjean
    Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hellssephiroth
    Who sells foam tires for 1/8 scale? I'm looking for just the actual foam tire donut, not the whole rim and tire. Looking for a cheap alternative to just buying the whole wheels all the time. Otherwise does anyone know how to make a good diy tire?

http://www.tabata-racing.com/

Sells just donuts,if you have know a place that sells them you can order them through that shop.

I found this (through Google) on rctechnet and went to this website but its all in Japanese. I will continue to search to see if some vendor we recognize might be able to order from tabata-racing and try to verify if indeed they sell rough cut donuts. From the research I've done it looks like the Italian Foams are the best right now. What do you prefer?

RC Racer
    Yea I've actually gotten in touch with an Italian vendor and they might be able to do a custom cut for me. The only problem is I'm going to have to order +100 He's working on a quote right now to so we'll see (fingers cross)... In the mean time I'll message Tabata and see what they could do.

RC Champion
    To see what the tabata sight has you can add a translator function to your browser. I know internet explorer has a feature you can add in that will translate any language to English.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC poster
    THANKS insanity!!!

RC Racer
    Yea I was looking up translation for that site and my firefox isn't helping. Gonna switch over to E tmrw morning and figure this thing out

RC poster
    TRAXXAS.....................ARE YOU LISTENING! I for one feel TRAXXAS PRODUCTS are top-notch, and I am totally pleased with the look of the wheels, but there is a growing demand for foam tires. It would be great to see you guys jump in and make high quality foam available to us. I'd like to see over-sized donuts I could mount and true to the diameter of my choice.
    Does anyone else feel this way???
    Quote Originally Posted by FartOfDoom View Post

RC Racer
    +1 here. We seriously need some good quality shoes for or cars.

RC Qualifier
    The BSR foams worked wonders on my XO1. I've been clocking 100+ on them with problems whatsoever. The only thing that sucks about them is the fact that the diameter is 4.10" opposed to 4.40" for the stock slick. The car will sit a tad bit lower with them. As far as top speeds, I have seen maybe about 2mph higher with the stock slicks compared to the BSR foams.

Let us know what you find out about the custom foams. It would be nice to have a wider and taller foam tire for the XO1. If they work and last like the BSR's then I would buy 3 sets. The BSR's last and do not fall apart like some of the other foams out there.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Qualifier
    It would be nice if they offered some stock style ones in a different compound as well.

RC Qualifier
    my bsr foams have chunks takin out on 3of 4 wheels
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Chunks missing from proper road use or from spin-outs/flips/crashes? Because months later mine are still in great condition. I also have ran on nice asphalt surfaces. If you're out running on rocky/bumpy/crap roads then yes... you're going to get damaged tires.

The cheaper foams at high speeds will pretty much just 'come apart.'
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4