Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 51 of 51
  1. #41
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    704

    Lightbulb Little update

    I was reading some threads in the ERBE subforum (And others forums) and I saw some MM ESC with blown capacitors so I was thinking add an extra capacitor. (Like the people who have the spartan with the Castle Creations-Traxxas ESC Link here) for remove some stress to the stock capacitors...
    Pics:








    Also I bougth some heatshrink for my wires extensions:





    I add some electrical tape to the wires for more security...

    Thanks for reading
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

  2. #42
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    704
    I forgot add something:

    Yesterday I made a homemade Glitch Buster just for kill some time...

    Pics:




    Thanks for reading
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

  3. #43
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    RC World
    Posts
    330
    That is a huge bec! Man I bet it pumps out some amps/volts....
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

  4. #44
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRCMan View Post
    That is a huge bec! Man I bet it pumps out some amps/volts....
    Sorry...What BEC? Rigth now I am not using a BEC
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

  5. #45
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. O.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South of St Louis
    Posts
    5,986
    Tell me what you used and how you made the glitchbuster. That's way cool

    Sent from the cockpit of my Blue/Black Rally.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

  6. #46
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Tell me what you used and how you made the glitchbuster. That's way cool

    Sent from the cockpit of my Blue/Black Rally.
    Well...is very easy:

    You need:
    Capacitor:i used one with 4700uF and 25V(you can use a cap with lower V... Min 10V)

    Servo wire:http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-inches-Ex...item5d3578e317

    Solder iron

    And time


    First connect the black wire with the negative leg of the cap...then connect the red wire with the positive leg of the cap...then there is your glitch buster...easy and cheap
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

  7. #47
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. O.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South of St Louis
    Posts
    5,986
    How do you measure the energy stored in a capacitor? I mean, how do you know if the one you're building will be robust, or not?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

  8. #48
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    El Cajon Ca
    Posts
    1,804
    I am not an electrical engineer but I do teach basic electronics at a local junior college.

    What I know is capacitors store energy (watts) in joules.... and a charge stored in a capacitor is measured in coulombs. One joule = 1 watt for 1 second.

    The formula as I know it for what you have asked is W = QV = CV2 joules.

    Nice and simple huh!!!!

    To put it simply as possible... The larger the capacitor measured in microfards, the more energy that can be stored.

    Capacitors are used in power supplies to filter ripple and help stabilize voltage... They can be a good cheap voltage regulator and that is how it is used in the above example by DGB in his "glitch buster".

    Are you completly confused??? Hope this helped answer your question.
    "enjoy your ride"

    Dennis

  9. #49
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    How do you measure the energy stored in a capacitor? I mean, how do you know if the one you're building will be robust, or not?
    More uF = More "space" for store energy....but is bigger
    Less uF = Less "space" for store enregy.....but is smaller

    Is like a special battery... More uF = more MaH....Less uF= less MaH

    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    I am not an electrical engineer but I do teach basic electronics at a local junior college.

    What I know is capacitors store energy (watts) in joules.... and a charge stored in a capacitor is measured in coulombs. One joule = 1 watt for 1 second.

    The formula as I know it for what you have asked is W = QV = CV2 joules.

    Nice and simple huh!!!!

    To put it simply as possible... The larger the capacitor measured in microfards, the more energy that can be stored.

    Capacitors are used in power supplies to filter ripple and help stabilize voltage... They can be a good cheap voltage regulator and that is how it is used in the above example by DGB in his "glitch buster".

    Are you completly confused??? Hope this helped answer your question.
    You are correct .... just a little correction: is DBG
    After a little explanation in my other thread, you are now a professional...
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

  10. #50
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. MITCH316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,255
    Some build you got there mate...hopefully the MMM on 4s wont shred your drive train. Nice thread .
    Rock n Rolla !

  11. #51
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    704

    Update

    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Some build you got there mate...hopefully the MMM on 4s wont shred your drive train. Nice thread .
    Thanks...I hope so...

    I was thinking how to use my MMM ESC but with my modded chassis, so I used zip ties but is a waste, because I want use my VXL ESC and I need to cut them and then again zip tie my MMM ESC...So I used velcro

    Pics:





    Also I found a capacitor....Perfect for a glitch buster:

    Pics:



    Size comparison:


    Is an 47000uF capacitor....I want something bigger

    That's for today
    Thanks for reading
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •