Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion

e-revo to e-slayer just a thought

hey guys i was wondering about doing the conversion because it seams like you would get a lighter and
    therefore faster truck i would be doing it with the dual titans if i did it but i was wondering how much it
    would be to convert and would you get more battery life and speed and thoughts or pics of a e slayer set
    up would be appreciated.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    this is not mine but it would look something like this.

basically all you need to buy are the toe links/ push rods, axles, a-arms and wheels.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Competitor
    It cost me just under $100 for all the arms, pushrods, rockers, steering rids, rims, and foams. I got the bumpers free and used axels and toe links from one of my slayer pros. I converted it back to a revo so I could get the slayer going again.

RC Champion
    but does anybody have this done with a dual brushed set up i kinda want to know how fast it would go verses the e revo
    set up and any more pics to add to these ones maybe ones with the bodies on would be appreciated

RC Qualifier
    I just found my next project, going to look for a cheap used revo now and make it into e slayer, I wonder how it would compare to the slash, I've always wondered why the slash never had the progressive suspension set up.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    but does anybody have this done with a dual brushed set up i kinda want to know how fast it would go verses the e revo
    set up and any more pics to add to these ones maybe ones with the bodies on would be appreciated
    a dual brushed still cant beat the speed of a single brushless, but what i like about brushed is that you can run it on wet surface as long as you are using a waterproof ESC
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    does anybody know what kind of speed you get though brushed or brushless compared to the e-revo with the same set up
    any pros or cons to the set up

RC Qualifier
    You will be a little slower because the wheels are smaller.

I think i know my next project after my crawler build is done. Ill build an e slayer next time i have 100 bucks to spend on rc. I would run 1/8 buggy wheels as they are about the same size as sct wheels and are alot cheaper.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    could you gear really high though to get the speed or put taller tires

RC Champion
    keep the pics a coming

RC Qualifier
    could you gear really high though to get the speed or put taller tires
    Since I'm now thinking about doing this, what's the smallest spur and largest opinion for mod 0.8 and a 5mm motor shaft?

A 2560kv motor on 4s with 18/54 is only something like 37mph. My slash does that on 2s.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    any more comments on possible speed or more pictures

This is what i came up with.

The Associated SC8 body is almost a perfect fit for the ERBE chassis based Slayer build.

Hindsight now i should have put the body back a bit further and i wouldn't have had to take so much out of the front grille to clear the bumper.

im running mod 1 gearing, 19/36 and 2200kv on 4s. It is wicked fast (for me anyways) i really need to get my hands on a radar gun and see where all my stuff is.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    nice truck but does anybody have a dual brushed set up

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    This is what i came up with.

The Associated SC8 body is almost a perfect fit for the ERBE chassis based Slayer build.

Hindsight now i should have put the body back a bit further and i wouldn't have had to take so much out of the front grille to clear the bumper.

im running mod 1 gearing, 19/36 and 2200kv on 4s. It is wicked fast (for me anyways) i really need to get my hands on a radar gun and see where all my stuff is.
    Thanks for that info Cameron...parts have been ordered. May ask you later some Question on gearing. You have a wicked awesome looking truck their mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

hey guys i was wondering about doing the conversion because it seams like you would get a lighter and
    therefore faster truck i would be doing it with the dual titans if i did it but i was wondering how much it
    would be to convert and would you get more battery life and speed and thoughts or pics of a e slayer set
    up would be appreciated.
    After seen Camerons truck I am doing the conversion...thanks for the pics guys.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    hey guys i like the trucks traxxas should make a e slayer more pics or maybe anybody has a dual brushed set up

RC Qualifier

ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

This is a great size comparison between the Slash and the E-slayer.
    Love it.

(RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    Your're trucks look awesome. 1/10 Slash and a 1/8 eSlayer . I really like the look of the eSlayer.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I REALLY like my E-Slayer. It handles great, and is extremely tough. Driveline is solid too. KD center bones, RCM 1/8 scale hybrid diffs, and cut down Summit shafts.

Although, now that Tekno has Slash 4x4 shafts for the Pro-Trac arms, I'm curious to see if I can retrofit them. Stock arms slash shafts aren't long enough.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

I'm building a eSlayer...was going to buy a slash but saw this post. I am taking all my eRevo spares and putting them towards this build. Ordered Slayer pro arms and shafts.

Bought this combo HOBBYWING XERUN 4274 2000KV Brushless Motor & EZRUN WP SC8 120A ESC Combo. I couldn't afford another castle & mamba setup.

I am going for the associate sc8 body like Cameron...just waiting for all the parts to arrive.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Cool! Don't forget Slayer Pro bumpers, pushrods, and toe links!

I was afraid of breaking the Slayer shafts, and I since I use Summit long shafts in my Revo, I had some short shafts lying around. I cut em down even more, and have been running them in my E-Slayer without a single failure.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

Cool! Don't forget Slayer Pro bumpers, pushrods, and toe links!

I was afraid of breaking the Slayer shafts, and I since I use Summit long shafts in my Revo, I had some short shafts lying around. I cut em down even more, and have been running them in my E-Slayer without a single failure.
    I forgot to mention ordered the pro bumpers, pushrods and toe links. I have heaps of summit shafts...I never thought of cutting them back. When stock fail I will do the summit mod. Also going to run mod 1 like Cameron. What gear setup are you runnig?
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Can't remember exactly, but since I'm running a 2200kv motor, and 1/8 scale diffs (3.31 ratio vs Traxxas 2.85), and generally only on 4s Lipo, so I fit the tallest Mod 1 gearing I could. Smallest spur, largest pinion. It gets me around 45mph IIRC.

But since you're more than likely gonna be running stock TRX diffs at 2.85 ratio, you shouldn't need at steep of gearing as I did, or if you did, would net you a much higher top speed than mine.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

Thanks mate...as this will all be trail and error for me and only running 4s on stock traxxas diffs. I was going to try 19/38, 19/40, 20/38 and 20/40 on mod 1 and see how that goes with heat issues with the motor.

I hope these traxxas diff aren't going to be like the way they were in my eRevo and actually last. I have just recently done the LST2 conversion on eRevo so have all these old diffs lying around that I will use.

What diff K you running in your truck? I was thinking maybe 30K all round.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    The size/weight of the SCT or buggy wheels puts A LOT less stress on the diffs compared to the massive MT tires. My 1/8 scale diffs probably weren't necessary, but I had them, so why not!?

I'd bet a properly shimmed E-Revo diff would last quite a long time in an E-Slayer on 4s.

IIRC, I used 10k front, and 7k rear diff fluid, but the two extra spider gears in my diffs change that as well.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC Champion
    i never thought of putting summit shafts in a e slayer but i like the idea what kind of tires are you guys running

The size/weight of the SCT or buggy wheels puts A LOT less stress on the diffs compared to the massive MT tires. My 1/8 scale diffs probably weren't necessary, but I had them, so why not!?

I'd bet a properly shimmed E-Revo diff would last quite a long time in an E-Slayer on 4s.

IIRC, I used 10k front, and 7k rear diff fluid, but the two extra spider gears in my diffs change that as well.
    Thanks mate...I think I'll order myself some 10K diff lube and see how I go. I might just run the same combo front and rear.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I run Buggy sized Calibers
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

I run Buggy sized Calibers
    I ordered myself these, not sure how they will go

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180875398...84.m1497.l2649
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Cool! I've been wanting to throw some Badlands or Big Blocks on it and go tear up some grass!
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

Cool! I've been wanting to throw some Badlands or Big Blocks on it and go tear up some grass!
    Gauging from your response that was a good buy . I've had my fair share of tyre failures of trial and error to find a combo I like on my eRevo. Tyre and rim options are costly when you don't know what you doing.

Thanks for all the info mate...the waiting game has begun on parts to arrive. I just need to find the time to build it then. I'm sure my kids will be excited to see another edition to the family.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I just wouldn't have bought Pre-Mounts, that way you could tape them up first, but with the short sidewall, Buggy tires usually aren't as bad as most on the ballooning.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

Yeah, I just wouldn't have bought Pre-Mounts, that way you could tape them up first, but with the short sidewall, Buggy tires usually aren't as bad as most on the ballooning.
    I was thinking to myself that on 4s tyre ballooning should not be as bad as 6s. If they balloon badly I can look at taping them up. Its a bugger removing off the rim.

We'll see how we go...thanks for all the info mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

Mate, forgot to ask how the ESlayer compares to the Slash?
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Bigger, heavier, and at least mine handles better. Even when the Slash isn't in basher trim like that. It handles great!
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

Bigger, heavier, and at least mine handles better. Even when the Slash isn't in basher trim like that. It handles great!
    That's what I wanted to hear...my mate is getting a slash so I will be able to compare the 2 trucks. I do like the eRevo platform. It is versatile and lets you custom a few builds with the chassis.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    has anybody clocked how fast it can go on 6s