RC Enthusiast

Slash 4x4 fans on a switch?

I have a slash 4x4 and plan on getting 2 fans (motor, esc) I also have a summit, with the tqi remote(4-6channel?) I that I bound with both when I got the slash to cut down equipment whilst traveling. I am wondering if I can set the fans through the receiver to be able to be turned on by the diff switch on the remote. I want to do so to keep battery life up and switching them on when temp rises. (also plan on getting tqi telem. For both vehicles) is this possible? If not what needs to be done to make it possible? Thanks! Kyle.

Is this the velineon esc? I have my esc fan plugged into the esc and it turns off with the esc. You could add a Y or a splitter to control both from the esc.

Sent from my old phone
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry for not specifying! Yes it is the stock Vxl-whatever comes stock with the 4x4 haha. But what I want to do is plug both fans into a y splitter and then into the RECEIVER, so I can control them via a switch on my remote/transmitter. Thanks!

RC Competitor
    i am interested in this answer as well. I have a 3 channel tqi with the red thumb button on the transmitter, but i have no idea how to program this to turn on/off anything (such as led's/fans/whatever)

RC Competitor
    I am pretty sure you could do it just have to figure out which position turns it on and off. I will try it with my emaxx receiver and transmitter tomorrow and report back.

Maybe you should move this to the traxxas radio forum for more/better info.

Why the need to be controlled with your radio? I have a 1:1 jeep YJ with an electric fan that can be switched on and off from the cab (off for deep water crossings). BUT, I leave it on the automatic setting for cooling because if I forgot to turn it on the motor would be toast.

So you could toast the motor if you forget to turn it on. So I caution you about that. But I do like the idea of controlling it from the transmitter.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    The fans are made to remove heat as it is created. If you let heat build up, the fans will have a hard time drawing it out. That wasn't your question though. Grab a multi-meter and poke around at the RX.