Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    Well got it finished just waiting for some window tint paint. Also got my SC8 wheels. Let me know what you guys think.
    Looks very good man. I'm waiting for a proline body myself and was thinking of going outlaw black, but you made me insecure on color choices now White looks better than I had imagined, specially with the dark rims and stripe, goes well together. I'm waiting for some SC8's as well.

RC Qualifier
    the sc'8s rims are good the tires not so much...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    the sc'8s rims are good the tires not so much...
    I think they'll do just fine, I won't be running on any concrete or asphalt, purely offroad. If they wear out fast I'll just reuse the rims. However on the look for something onroad as well.

RC Qualifier
    Yea I'm just going to use these tires up and go from there. Ill prob order a couple options for them. Cause think we are going to start clearing a section out in a friends woods for a track.

RC Qualifier
    they are not bead-locs???

RC Qualifier
    Yea they are bead locks

RC Qualifier
    dont be fooled by that ring.. its for looks! the tires are still glued on! beadloc's dont need glue! there are no beadloc sc wheels with 17mm hex.. the DE racing sc wheels 17mm hex fit any sc tire better that the sc8's

RC Qualifier
    can somebody post a pic of their slayer pro from the engine side. think were the motor mounts was bent. but need something to compare too. getting new motor mounts today.

RC Enthusiast
    Does this help?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    dont be fooled by that ring.. its for looks! the tires are still glued on! beadloc's dont need glue! there are no beadloc sc wheels with 17mm hex.. the DE racing sc wheels 17mm hex fit any sc tire better that the sc8's
    Yeah they're not true beadlocks, but they're still alright tires and the rims are made of impressive plastic.

RC Qualifier
    actually can u lower the camera some want to see how the motor plate sits compared to the rest of the chassis. cause mine was sitting a crazy angle and just curious of what is bent on mine. thanks.

RC Champion
    BOMBER, I have spare engine mount arms (the ones that go under the chassis) if yours are bent, let me know.

RC Enthusiast
    Sure here are some more pics.

RC Qualifier
    wow don't think mines looked that clean since the day i bought it. lol

thanks red. but i actually picked up a new motor mount last night at my lhs. along with a new cb, clutch, spur. gonna be running 17/36 gearing. anyone know of alittle taller cb like a 19 tooth one?
    also messed with my suspension some. ended up drilling out the holes in the piston disk and filled with 45 wt and have to say i like it so far but that's just from me messing with it on my table. but will find out when I run it wed.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberSTi View Post
    wow don't think mines looked that clean since the day i bought it. lol
    Hehe yeah it's pretty new, haven't even broken it in yet. Been too busy with my 1:5 and just yesterday got my wheels, sway bars and body from tower. Painted it today with partial success, gonna install a grill into it tomorrow and get the decals on then it's break-in time. I've also removed the ez-start wires and put on a PushGlo instead, and a small hyperion 7.4V LiPo start battery (5C rating - 10min charge) for simple push-button start. It's pretty nice.

RC Qualifier
    Well got to run my truck last night and was pretty impressed with it. Only thing i'm going to try now is maybe get alittle stiffer spring for the rear. Right now i'm running the blue and silver springs with 45 wt oil, with some oversized holes drilled in the piston disk. And dropping it down to a 36 tooth spur made a real big difference, didn't get it up to full speed as it was getting dark and with a rock wall on one side of the road and a 8ft ditch on the other i really didn't want to risk anything to stupid..lol

RC Enthusiast
    Hehe understandable, maybe I'll put some baja light pods on mine for dusky times.

RC Qualifier
    Yea i thought about getting the light bar pod that RPM has but figured i wouldn't be running it to much in the dark, just was when i finally got my one charger back from my friend. I have my MERV to run at night that i have lights on. i love nitro but to much to do to run at night. even tho i live in the country i still try not to upset my neighbors to much. lol

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I pretty much just like playing around with electronics myself which would play just a big a part if doing it. I just mounted some lights on my baja and those would look gnarly on a slayer front bumper or on the roof if mounted in a line of 4 or so like on pickup trucks, maybe another 2 in the front lol, they are very strong on a full battery and this was only a half charge NiMh and they can run on LiPo too (pods from Killer RC):

RC Qualifier
    yea those are some pretty sweet lights. you ever check out the site nitrorcx.com? they have some pretty sweet lights there. i got a set of the halo lights for my merv. and they are priced pretty good. the halo lights were 5 bucks and they come all wired up with a switch. yea think one of my next rides will be one of those 1/5 but prob go with a kit.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice site, I've bookmarked it for later, they certainly had some cool stuff there. Been looking for halo lights actually for a future drift car. I like the 12 led pods though for offroad vehicles as they are very bright and strong and fits well in readymade buckets that can be mounted on nearly anything and easy to waterproof.

Mine is originally a 5SC SS kit, I sold off the body and extra plastic and built it to a buggy instead as it's basically a drivetrain upgraded 5B with extra plastic and weight and size on it. Probably spent $2000 on it afterwards, they're expensive rides but HELLAfun if taken care of right. I really like it and it's pretty awesome by now and I've learned a ton about gas cars, hints and tricks that I can apply on nitros as well.

One of the reasons I bought the slayer pro actually, wanting a truck as well but not as big and expensive. Only had HPI before so Traxxas was a nice new experience. If wanting a 1:5 truck again I'd go for the Losi 5ive-t as it's pure truck and not a convertion, also 4x4 and pan chassis makes it easier to maintain. But I love my buggy.

If you ever get into it I recommend the forums hpibajaforum com, and baja-forum co uk.
    Last edited by SlayerNOR; 10-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Well found The perfect place to break in my body and see how these tires do in some dirt. Best part it's only a short walk from my house.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Enthusiast
    Nice space, don't break it in too much now

Nice! I wish a had a nice and flat spot like that to drive...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    I'd have to say that's one of the best spots I've found in awhile. Was nice and packed with some loose dirt on top. Was actually pretty impressed with the sc8 tires. I had pretty decent traction in turns could slide it right where I wanted it to. Hoping to have some running videos this week sometime. Think this next week I'm going to put my THS pipe on, and if I could just find my GH cooling head I'd be set. Lol. Well until atleast till the next upgrade. But first I gotta get a big block for my MERV.

RC Enthusiast
    Psst. Your inbox is full

RC Competitor
    awsome build
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Competitor
    Do you have any new pictures of this new Flo-Tek body you painted.

RC Qualifier
    nice truck man