RC Enthusiast

Slash 4x4 first impression!

One word shall describe the slash 4x4 in my experience: fun. I picked up a brand new slash 4x4 this morning (lucasoil edition?) and I love it.crazy fast out of the box with great battery life with the stock nimh battery. With my 3 nimh batteries (from summit and slash 4x4) I can quite literally run the truck all day long. I put one on my ex peak in my fridge (don't ask) as soon as I deplete it and slap another one of 2 full batteries in. By the time it runs out, the first battery is fully charged and I cycle. Pretty good for stock batteries!

One dislike though is the traction and the amount of grass/dirt etc that gets stuck in the chassis. I find the truck too touchy out of the box and roll it often in the grass. Upgrades for the future include an outerwears cover ,sway bar kit, and I center diff only for when I race.
    I wish I was as impressed with my summit as I am with this out of the box. Good job traxxas!
    Can't wait to try it out in my first race on the 17th >

RC Qualifier
    I'm a noob also, change to black sway bars, move the shock position to three on front four on back add a 5mm shock spacer to
    Front shock. This will help with roll over and help keep the front down. Get some lipos, IMO.

RC Champion
    We used to cut lexan strips to run down the side to minimise debris getting inside before the covers came out.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Knuckles, I may try that. I have a whole crapload of lexan laying around from experimental airbrushing haha And dgb007, thank you! Tried what you said and the truck is much more stable now with way less rollovers. I am still getting sway bars for sure though, my cousin has them on his and it corners like a cloud lol.

How long of a run do you get with the stock battery?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...