Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Hey Craig do you think you could find a place to buy those online because I just had the same problem and would like to order some that's a great mod I need to do

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    Hey Craig do you think you could find a place to buy those online because I just had the same problem and would like to order some that's a great mod I need to do
    I ma not sure where you are but I can seem to find these for sale online in the states...I see you can get them from eBay from the UK tho...they are M5 knurled brass expansion inserts.

I found this place in the States...in the link below you want the E series.
    http://www.tristar-inserts.com/expansion-inserts.htm
    Last edited by MITCH316; 04-07-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Craig I need to get them ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    I ma not sure where you are but I can seem to find these for sale online in the states...I see you can get them from eBay from the UK tho...they are M5 knurled brass expansion inserts.

I found this place in the States...in the link below you want the E series.
    http://www.tristar-inserts.com/expansion-inserts.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    Thanks Craig I need to get them ASAP
    I just re read what I typed...I am glad you made sense of that. I should proof read better...sometimes my son thinks I am his human jungle gym when I am at my computer and makes it difficult doing things.

This is where I bought mine from if you can't source elsewhere...they are in Australia tho.
    http://www.smallparts.com.au/store/p...pansion/all/1/
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Ya I have a 3yr and a 2yr I know what it's like to be a jungle gym lol

Cool Rally PF8-GT build.

I have been a bit quiet on the eRevo front with mmy new build...Here it is, my new rig I have added to my Fleet that I wanted to share. The pic doesn't do the paintwork any justice.

This is my new Rally PF8-GT build...you can find my build thread <<HERE>>.

I have been having so much fun with my Rally...it awesome. The power Plant is MM2 2200kv combo running a single 4s with MOD 1 19/38 gearing. Its plenty fast and power sliding (drifting) well.

As my eRevo doesn't see much street use any more, I built this as my street machine for now. I still have a complete box of parts for my 6s eRevo platform speed street machine; to come in the near future...the project has been shelved at this stage.
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    This is probably my best spray and decal job I have done so far...Enjoy!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I've been following it over in the rally section I was gonna convert my slash but I think I'm just going to do the jconcepts conversion with the scalpel body and glocs idk if you've seen the videos on YouTube but its pretty awesome

RC poster
    @Mitch316 Traxxas should really hire you bro. You are amazing. Thank you taking the time to be so informative and making the mod's so easy for guys like us.

Quote Originally Posted by nhebert View Post
    @Mitch316 Traxxas should really hire you bro. You are amazing. Thank you taking the time to be so informative and making the mod's so easy for guys like us.
    Thanks for the feedback mate...I'm glad you found this thread useful .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    I'm getting my butt kick by these rear diffs. I didn't have the exact shims so i tried similar washers...lasted for 20 minutes!! It doesn't even pop wheelies anymore and I am on 6s. Traxxas should have a fix for this by now

RC Champion
    Nice jumping mate. Sadly, it usually ends up in a lot of part replacement to finally get the hang of those kinds of jumps! I'm a bit rusty now, but used to be able to do that no problem.
    ERBE, E-Slayvo Pro, Ext Stampy, 2xMERV's.

Quote Originally Posted by nhebert View Post
    I'm getting my butt kick by these rear diffs. I didn't have the exact shims so i tried similar washers...lasted for 20 minutes!! It doesn't even pop wheelies anymore and I am on 6s. Traxxas should have a fix for this by now
    I got tired of rebuilding diffs all the time and the money spent on rebuild kits...since doing the Losi LST2 mod I have never been happier with my rig.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoprock View Post
    Nice jumping mate. Sadly, it usually ends up in a lot of part replacement to finally get the hang of those kinds of jumps! I'm a bit rusty now, but used to be able to do that no problem.
    Thanks mate...it did take a while to master. Every now and then I bugger one up pretty bad; I'm quite happy with the mods to my truck. Its fairly bulletproof for the way I bash my rig. There are still a few things I often break but aren't to expensive to replace.
    Rock n Rolla !

My mates and myself are just trying to get a little creative with filming...thanks to my mate Chez for your handy copter skills. This is still a work in progress with the filming but wanted to show all what we've been getting up to lately on this side of the globe .

Enjoy guys .

Last edited by MITCH316; 05-20-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: 33571
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    My mates and myself are just trying to get a little creative with filming...thanks to my mate Chez for your handy copter skills. This is still a work in progress with the filming but wanted to show all what we've been getting up to lately on this side of the globe .
    Dude, that is totally wicked. Did you guys film that using an RC Helicopter??...that's amazing. The pilot looks pretty much in sync with your driving. As always...another great video, I'm loving this build thread...keep up the good work dude, it really helps noobs out like me.

Quote Originally Posted by erevoman75 View Post
    Dude, that is totally wicked. Did you guys film that using an RC Helicopter??...that's amazing. The pilot looks pretty much in sync with your driving.
    Thanks mate...we attached a GoPro to my mates quadcopter, its a lot more stable for filming than a helicopter. I think with a bit more practice between the two of us we will be able to get some great aerial footage...as said, it is still a work in progress.

Here is another vid, this ones of my eSlayer in action with the quadcopter...short piece of the eRevo in there before I broke a driveshaft but some good footage of the eSlayer.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    That looks like a great place for an ERBE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller View Post
    That looks like a great place for an ERBE!!!!
    Cheers mate...I enjoy burning my rigs at this RC Park. Not so much fun to clean the eRevo when its wet, the clay is really hard to get off once caked to the chassis .
    Rock n Rolla !

Made another vid down at the the local RC Park for the usual 7am Sunday morning bash session with my mates. I really enjoy bashing this rig of mine around and is by far my favourite out of all my rigs.

My current set up:
    • P2 Rockers all round with P3 pushrods.
    • Traxxas sway bar kit
    • 60W Shock oil with Black springs Front and Pink Rear
    • Mixture of 1/4 100K and 3/4 50K Front and 50K Rear in the diffs
    • Losi LST2 diff mod
    • 20/54 Gearing running 2/3s (6s)
    • Badlands on 1/2" offset Desperados
    • 17mm HPP Hex Hubs
    • HPP Motor Brace

I still have not seen the need to do the rear chassis brace mod, unless I start breaking rear bulkheads or snapping chassis I may consider the mod...I haven't broken a bulkhead either since profiling the Losi LST2 diff to suit the bulk and by removing minimal material as needed for the mod, post #335 to 339

Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    My advice is don't coat to thick or you will have issues trying to fit the ESC back into the cover.

This has proven to be very successful in running in wet conditions with no issues what so ever. I knowingly can go drive my truck with confidence now and not worry about killing my ESC.

Hey Mitch316,
    What plastidip did you use? I see cans of it and a spray on as well. Is one better than the other? There are so many variations of plastidip at my local hardware store. spray paint, dip coating, etc. Also, if my esc ever dies, can i do the esc swap with traxxas? You know, you send them your fried esc an they send you a new one for 70 bucks or so.

http://www.lowes.com/Search=plasti+d...storeId=10151#!
    hey, you need a real driver for that car?!?

How you going mate? In the link you've provided I used the Plasti Dip 14.5 fl oz Black Dip Coating but got mine in red...Recently a mate of mine Plasti Dipped his ESC and tried the Plasti Dip 11 oz Light Gray Matte Spray Paint. The spray was a lot easier to work with and made for a neater overall job...If I were to do it over I would use the spray.

Here's MUGS's process of how he did his ESC with the spray version:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5459034

Unfortunately coating your ESC in Plasti Dip will VOID warranty...as far as sending back a fried ESC for a new one and pay the difference, I am not sure they will accept it. I have never explored this option as living in Australia it is not cost effective for me as postage and the waiting period is a killer.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for thread busting Mitch316, but I can't help notice an Australian when I see one, keep up the thongs and hoody mate it looks like you are doing good things in RC, my next buy will be the erevo, I need the bigger wheels LOL.

T.A.C
    Keep on Bashing and you will keep on Trashing

Thanks mate...my eRevo is by far my favourite out of all my rigs. Gives me a lot of joy bashing the beast around . If you bash your eRevo like you do to your Sl4sh...with a few upgrades you will have yourself a projectile missile ...I only run 6s power thru my eRevo.
    Rock n Rolla !

Here are some bashing pics from my vid in post #418...I really enjoy bashing my eRevo at this RC Park...unfortunately the Park has been damaged by water erosion but none the less still a lot of fun.
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    From what I have been reading the revo appears to be a more robust platform then the slash 4x4, but I could be wrong there. I guess you have read the wows I am experiencing with the slash, its a great truck but getting it to stay together with some seriously hard bashing is a mission mate, and I might be relatively new to RC but I've been running workshops and fixing machinery for almost 24 years.
    Anyway, your revo build thread looks good, I will have to sit down this weekend and have a proper read, looking forward to your sl4sh build thread, as you never stop learning.

T.A.C
    Keep on Bashing and you will keep on Trashing

Here's a sequence shot from my vid in post #418.

Last edited by MITCH316; 06-29-2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: 37675
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Hey Mitch,
    After spending $600 on all the Hop up Parts you mentioned, Diff mods etc and a couple of days of doing the mods and putting it back together, I finally got it to the Park for some gentle break in passes, then gave it a flogging. Speed runs, jumps at the skate park ramps, chasing kids and annoying dogs ( no kids or dogs were hurt during this demonstration.)
    What a delight. Nothing broken.
    I'm running the stock spur and pinion gears 18/65 on 6s lipo. Goes good but I might put the 54T spur in for more speed.
    The sway bars are an excellent mod
    2 x TRA5454 Traxxas Revo Stub axle (steel) (2)
    2 x TRA5347 Traxxas Revo Large Rod Ends w/Hollow Balls (12)
    1 x KYO96644 Kyosho 8x10mm Shim Set (10)
    1 x CLN4736 CRC 6mm Axle Shim Set (20)
    2 x RPM80570 RPM Replacement Oversized Bearings (Revo) (4)
    1 x TLR74014 Team Losi Racing Silicone Shock Oil (60wt) (2oz)
    1 x LOSA5286 Losi Silicone Differential Oil (50,000cs) (30ml)
    1 x ASC5459 Team Associated Silicone Differential Fluid (100,000cst) (2oz)
    1 x TRA5441 Traxxas Shock Springs (Black - GTR 4.4) (2) (Revo)
    2 x TRA5319X Traxxas Revo Push rod (aluminum) (2) (use with #5359 progressive 3 rockers)
    2 x TRA5338R Traxxas Aluminum Toe Link Tubes 128mm (Red) (2)
    1 x TRA5498 Traxxas Sway Bar Kit (Revo)
    1 x TRA5650R Traxxas Center Driveshaft Set (2)
    3 x TRA5656 Traxxas Half Shaft Set (Plastic Parts Only) (Long) (2)
    1 x RPM80562 RPM Revo True-Track Rear A-Arm Conversion Kit (Black)
    1 x RPM80222 RPM Traxxas Revo Front Left A-Arms (Black)
    1 x RPM80212 RPM Traxxas Revo Front Right A-Arms (Black)
    1 x RPM80582 RPM Axle Carriers & Oversized Bearings (Black) (Revo/Slayer) (2)
    1 x TRA5329 Traxxas Revo Bulkhead, rear (L&R halves)/ diff retainer, rear/ 4x14mm BCS (4)
    1 x TRA5330 Traxxas Revo Bulkhead, front (L&R halves)/ diff retainer/ 4x14mm BCS (4)
    1 x TRA5445 Traxxas Shock Springs (Purple - GTR 6.4) (2) (Revo)
    2 x LOSI Diffs
    There's more but cant remember.
    Thanks to Mitch316, Revoroller for all your detailed pics, advice.
    I just have to learn to jump and land. Revoroller, I cant believe you can control the car in the air, how do you do that??
    Bravo

No worries mate...glad I could help.
    Rock n Rolla !

Re-edited my last video...added my favourite bits and made it shorter. Enjoy guys .

Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    How to get pics to come up

Quote Originally Posted by darrelbacon View Post
    How to get pics to come up
    You should be able to see the pics now mate....
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Where to get the inserts please
    Thanks dlb

RC poster
    Hey Craig
    Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know how my rig is doing.
    Got some massive 30 foot jumps, some 12 feet high at the skate park today landing in sand, and nothing broke. I thought it would. I will get video next time when my Son can hold the video. I think I might need to add more pre-load to the shocks as they seem like they are bottoming out over the big jumps. Oh yeah, and I learnt to control flight of the rig too.
    Those ******* Batteries ( 11.1v 3S 80C 5000Mah) are awesome too, cheers for the info on that.

The Wheel balancer and motor brace from HPP Germany arrived today too, and just ordered the Maximizer Rims and HPI GT2
    Tyres from Tower Hobbies $ 111.96 shipping $ 56.55 Total US$ 168.51.
    Not cheap with the exchange rate but what the heck. Local RC shop has Badlands on Desperado Rims for $55 Pair. Just need to pull them off and tape them and put back on. What glue do you use??

Hope all is well
    Cheers again
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by darrelbacon View Post
    Where to get the inserts please
    Thanks dlb
    PM sent your way mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by Hawko777 View Post
    Hey Craig
    Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know how my rig is doing.
    Got some massive 30 foot jumps, some 12 feet high at the skate park today landing in sand, and nothing broke. I thought it would. I will get video next time when my Son can hold the video.
    That's good to know mate...IMO the LST2 mod is the real deal, its worked out well for me.

I think I might need to add more pre-load to the shocks as they seem like they are bottoming out over the big jumps. Oh yeah, and I learnt to control flight of the rig too.
    I set my pre-load by pushing my rig to the ground...If springs fully collapse back off pre-load, if not add pre-load until springs are almost fully collapsed. My truck too bottoms out on big jumps...I like hearing the sound of some chassis slap every now and then. Its awesome once you learn how to control your rig in the air .

The Wheel balancer and motor brace from HPP Germany arrived today too, and just ordered the Maximizer Rims and HPI GT2 Tyres from Tower Hobbies $ 111.96 shipping $ 56.55 Total US$ 168.51.
    Not cheap with the exchange rate but what the heck. Local RC shop has Badlands on Desperado Rims for $55 Pair. Just need to pull them off and tape them and put back on. What glue do you use??
    Balancing your wheels makes a huge difference...I am a firm believer in balancing wheels. The HPP motor brace is awesome, I can't imagine bashing my rig without these days. It has saved me countless stripped spur gears.

With the AU$ been so weak lately it has made this hobby expensive again for me too, it is still cheaper to buy in bulk from the States than Australia...what do you do? The GT2 tyres I find make an awesome skate park and general bashing around tyre for me...Badlands, this has become my favourite tyre and are on my rig about 80% of the time these days. For tyre glue I use Poly-Zap CA Glue...its the best one they sell at my LHS.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    love ur posts mitch...keep up the good work...very informative...love ur rally GT build...i have one too...an Ofna...but same concept...

again...keep up the good work and keep us informed...u've definitely got a follower in me...

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    love ur posts mitch...keep up the good work...very informative...love ur rally GT build...i have one too...an Ofna...but same concept...

again...keep up the good work and keep us informed...u've definitely got a follower in me...
    Glad to see you back mate...I really enjoy giving the Rally GT a good burn every now and then; my eRevo is still my favourite rig out of my ever growing fleet of Traxxas RC's .
    Rock n Rolla !

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Mitch I have to hand it to you my friend. This is an awesome build thread buddy. While I have run 6s, I mainly stick to 4s mostly. I need to do the LST2 mod on my ERBE also. Just WOW!! LOL

I have the hardest time finding HPP products, I think they are slim to none to find. Arghh!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    HPP has only one shop where he sells his products, his own . You can find the shop here: http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-shop/index.php

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    HPP has only one shop where he sells his products, his own . You can find the shop here: http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-shop/index.php
    Mucho Gracious. Funny thing I knew that and went to eBay hoping to find. Guess I forgot to turn the light on in the attic this A.M. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Wow what a great thread.This is going to help me loads in my build