Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    I have run into a few issues in the past with incorrect slipper clutch setting. I've had it when it's been too loose and melted my spur gear...and also not paying attention to worn pads has has also resulted in a melted spur gear.

The way I like to set my slipper clutch now...and I use this for all surface I run on is I tighten my slipper all the way, basically where it feels tight, but not too tight. I then set the tool in the vertical position as my setting out point.

I then back off just over a 1/4 turn or where the tool touches the chassis. I use my hex screw driver to lock the transmission while tightening or loosening.

This is an ideal setting for me

How long should a slipper clutch last? With the way you have it set?
    hey, you need a real driver for that car?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Mitch I have to hand it to you my friend. This is an awesome build thread buddy. While I have run 6s, I mainly stick to 4s mostly. I need to do the LST2 mod on my ERBE also. Just WOW!! LOL

I have the hardest time finding HPP products, I think they are slim to none to find. Arghh!
    No worries mate...good luck with the LST2 mod.

Quote Originally Posted by martin34a View Post
    Wow what a great thread.This is going to help me loads in my build
    Cheers mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by stressbasher View Post
    How long should a slipper clutch last? With the way you have it set?
    Not sure mate...it's been about a year now that I have been running this slipper and it still looks good. I might be able to get another year out of it .
    Rock n Rolla !

Cool SL4SH (xlMT) build.

Well guys, I have been very quiet on the eRevo front again with my new addition to my ever growing fleet of Traxxas vehicles...

This is my new SL4SH (xlMT) build...you can find my build thread <<HERE>>.

I have been having so much fun with this rig...it awesome. The power Plant is MM2 2200kv combo running a single 4s with MOD 0.8 18/54 gearing. Its plenty fast and powerful for me...Its my version of a scaled down 1/8 monster truck.

As my eRevo is in real need of a re-build because it has taken some hectic punishment and abuse over the past year...there are some things I will do differently this time around.

Again, the photo doesn't do the paintwork any justice.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    My SL4SH is the big brother of my Rally PF8-GT...I don't have a pic of the two of them together yet.
    =====
    =====
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Nice, its always nice to see your rides!

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Nice, its always nice to see your rides!
    Thanks mate...I haven't been using my rigs much these days. I have a lot going on in my personal life. I also need to rebuild my eRevo. I broke a rear bulk head not so long ago.
    Rock n Rolla !

Not much to add...being giving my SL4SH horns more lately. Here's a vid of it in action down at the track. This and my eRevo are my two favourite rigs right now...but my erevo is the king out of my rigs.

I am running 18/54 MOD 0.8 on a single 4s, temps reached as high as 72*C with full throttle burning at some points during the test phases.

Overall this build turned out exceptionally well and I am happy with it. You'll see my son running around with his push truck in some of scenes...I think he is almost ready to upgrade to his own RC soon .

Last edited by MITCH316; 10-03-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Awesome video. Cool how you got your son in there with the truck. Looking forward to when my daughters get a bit older (3 and 4) to try to get them involved.
    Big Air Don't Care

Quote Originally Posted by Babby View Post
    Awesome video. Cool how you got your son in there with the truck. Looking forward to when my daughters get a bit older (3 and 4) to try to get them involved.
    Cheers mate...it is cool having him tag along and getting involved with the hobby. I am thinking of giving him my Summit next year. His co-ords aren't the best when his in control...He has a lot of enthusiasm tho .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Well guys, I have been very quiet on the eRevo front again with my new addition to my ever growing fleet of Traxxas vehicles...

This is my new SL4SH (xlMT) build...you can find my build thread <<HERE>>.

I have been having so much fun with this rig...it awesome. The power Plant is MM2 2200kv combo running a single 4s with MOD 0.8 18/54 gearing. Its plenty fast and powerful for me...Its my version of a scaled down 1/8 monster truck.

As my eRevo is in real need of a re-build because it has taken some hectic punishment and abuse over the past year...there are some things I will do differently this time around.

Again, the photo doesn't do the paintwork any justice.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    My SL4SH is the big brother of my Rally PF8-GT...I don't have a pic of the two of them together yet.
    =====
    =====
    Hey Craig,

How you going? Have you rebuild your revo by now?
    I' m interested in what you would do different in your rebuild?

Mfg Paz

Quote Originally Posted by Pazimon View Post
    Hey Craig,

How you going? Have you rebuild your revo by now?
    I' m interested in what you would do different in your rebuild?

Mfg Paz
    How you going mate? I haven't had a chance to look at my eRevo yet...I have just moved into a new house and things are a bit chaotic at work currently. I hope to get around to this in the next couple months...I have a few ideas on things I may do differently...I will check them out once I rebuild my rig if they will work or not.
    Rock n Rolla !