I stripped the thread in my RPM A-Arms a while back from cart wheeling my truck. I tried super glue, blue loctite and red loctite with no luck. I had great success in the past using the above methods on stock A-Arms but this time round no luck.
After a few short runs my camber and toe angle would be all over the place this was driving me crazy as my truck would be all over place making it hard to steer and control.
What I ended up doing was using some M5 threaded inserts.
Category: Inserts - Expansion
Material : Brass.
Easiest inserts to install - simply push into a pre-moulded hole.
Used with plastics or other materials. Material must be strong enough to withstand the expansion of the insert.
The insertion of the screw locks the external knurls into the wall of the hole.
Provides excellent thread durability but where maximum strength is required other inserts shown in this catalogue should be preferred.
Thread Size:: M 5.0 x 0.8
A±0.1 :: 6.65
Recommended Hole Diameter (mm):: 6.35 (0.2500 inch)
And the finished result...a very quick and easy install. I am yet to test this to see how well it works and will use blue loctite to to lock my camber into place.