New Wheels and Rims Came Today!

I thought my new Pro-Line Epic beadlock rims and my Pro-Line Switch tires would come in the mail next week, not today! So far, I LOVE how they look! I've only used them once, because it got too dark! *Shakes fist at sky* But, I got to try them out on alot of differnt surfaces! I will mainly use them on pavment, and they have alot more grip on pavment compared to the stock ones. On grass, well, I think the new tires are almost worse than the stock ones, LOL! I tried them on gravel, and WOW! The grip is amazing! Much better than stock! Ther're a little bigger than the stock ones, so they fill in the wheel wells nicely. My only complant so far is if I flip my truck over on pavment, it's going to gouge up the metal red beadlocks. But overall I really like the rims and tires! Here is some shots of the tires on my Slayer right before I used them.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Sorry couldn't help it! 300TH POST!!!!

RC Racer
    They look nice Wolfslash16! I like it

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    They look really nice,I love that you dont need glue.Where did you get 14mm rims? i got some split six beadlockers given to me and they were 12mm hex. i went back to the hobby shop to trade them for 14mm's and they said proline didnt make them. in the end i settled for some original slayer rims.
    You don't need to plug Nitro into the wall

RC Champion
    Looks really good!
    Matthew 7:7

I got them from RCplanet.com... Here is the link for them http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai..._a_7cPRO270904 The best part is they are made JUST for the Slayer, so ther're garented to fit! Any proline tire that is 2.2 and 3.0 will fit on them! Sorry if I don't post back any more for a few days, I'm leaving on a camp for the rest of the week.

RC poster
    dang dude that looks pretty legit

RC Competitor
    Looking sick man! Does Pro-Line offer replacement beads?
    T-Maxx 3.3 #4907
    NEA-RC Club

Looking sick man! Does Pro-Line offer replacement beads?
    If you mean replacement beadlocks holders, (The red ring) I'm not sure... I'll email pro-line tonight and see!

Well, I'd thought I should update this for all of the people out there that care... So far I've ran about 10 tanks through my Slayer with my new tires on and so far I can't find any signs of wear and tear on them! The Pro Line Switch are GREAT on dirt/gravel and pavment, but they aren't that great on grass. All well, I guess you win some and loose some... And yes, I emailed Pro Line about the beadlock rings, (See above posts) and they said if they get so scratched up to the point the screws loose their head so I can't take them off, then they would send me new ones. What great customer service!

RC Competitor
    I got the same from my LHS and it 12mm HEX Is it possible to change the hex ? Like slash hex fit on slayer ?
    Last edited by Double G; 09-02-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: language

I got the same from my LHS and dang it 12mm HEX Is it possible to change the hex ? Like slash hex fit on slayer ?
    Well, I think MAYBE, you could switch the hexs, I'm not sure... Maybe your lhs will just trade the rims you got for the Slayer ones... Here is the link to the rims where I got mine. Notice in the title it says Slayer, so it's 100% chance they'll fit. Let me go check if the Slash hexs will fit on my Slayer... I'll be right back... http://www.rcplanet.com/Pro_Line_Sla.../pro270904.htm Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 09-01-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Well, I just went out to see if my Slash's hexes would fit on my Slayer, and I'm sorry, but the Slash hexes don't fit... They are too small in just about every way... I tried putting Slayer hexes on the Slash, and the Slayer hexes are too big in every way... Go figure... Sorry about that.

RC Competitor
    well i took slash hex and did bigger hole in it with my drill ... i wish it will not break ! :/

well i took slash hex and did bigger hole in it with my drill ... i wish it will not break ! :/
    LOL, Well, I guess that works, I wish you luck in not breaking them!

RC Competitor
    If some one know where i can get machined one ill buy them ! .. I need 10mm hex fiting on the slayer shaft! The one i did with my drill work but i im not sure if it gonna hold for long time ! xD

If some one know where i can get machined one ill buy them ! .. I need 10mm hex fiting on the slayer shaft! The one i did with my drill work but i im not sure if it gonna hold for long time ! xD
    You could post that in the market place section and see if anyone has made some, or will make some for you... Or you could take it to a machine shop and see if they will custom make them too... Good luck!