RC poster

normal truck bodies for e-revo?

i may be alone on this one but i can't stand the look of the e-revo. what happened to the truck look of the nitro version? this thing looks like a cross between a stadium truck and a buggy with that hideous looking wing on the back. how many trucks do you see rolling around with a huge wing on the back?? i like my r/cs to look somewhat realistic. i am not bashing those who like the look of it as everyone is entitled to their own opinion which is why i am expressing mine.

how many of you switched bodies to make it look like the truck it should be?? could you please post some pics here?? i have a nitro revo and love it but i am strongly considering switching over to electric after seeing videos of the brushless edition in action. i have never seen one in person so i am curious if i would need different body mounts or anything else to add a normal truck body to it?? thanks in advance for any help.

RC Qualifier
    I agree... I just finished "converting" mine to the truck it should be... I picked up my new ERevo brushless a few days ago and have not had a chance to drive it yet because of the rain but I did outfit it with a 79 Ford truck body

Heres a few pics and what I had to do to fit this body http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ab-on-new-ERBE
    Last edited by SlashDigger; 08-11-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC poster
    That looks nice!!! I have a few unpainted bodies sitting on the shelf...I think it's time to shoot some paint!! :-)

RC Qualifier
    I hear ya. I just put an old school Revo 3.3 body on my ERBE (I de-badged it since taking this pic):

I am thinking about doing the same to mine...change the body. Nice looking trucks guys.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    those look great guys! keep em' coming!! the stock look of the e-revo turns me off that much that i actually considered just buying the e-maxx instead but i already have 3 t-maxxes and one reavo nitro and i just love the suspension on the revo compared to the maxx.

RC Racer
    Anybody know which truck bodies will work with the wing?
    ERBE, BRUSHLESS SUMMIT, EMBE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hco20001981 View Post
    Anybody know which truck bodies will work with the wing?
    You should be able to make any of the truck bodies work with a wing. You will just need to do some extra trimming on the tailgate to make clearance
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Qualifier
    ^^^ what he said

I had 2 Traxxas truck bodies (Revo 3.3 bodies) and I had to trim some of the tailgate.

And with the body I posted above, I had to make new rear holes that were about 1/4" further back from the originals.
    Last edited by deanwrx; 08-19-2012 at 07:21 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Slash, I'm converting my Revo to brushless. Because your truck looks so good with that body thats what I'm going to do. I like that alot.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by F1fan View Post
    Slash, I'm converting my Revo to brushless. Because your truck looks so good with that body thats what I'm going to do. I like that alot.
    Thanks man The same 79 Ford body is also available in a regular cab version so you would not have to extend the front bumper mount to make it fit. A lot of people dont even realize that the truck is a brushless Revo with that body on it
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Enthusiast
    Since my Revo is the 2.5r chassis I think I might have to pick up a 3.3 chassis to run this type of body.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashDigger View Post
    Thanks man The same 79 Ford body is also available in a regular cab version so you would not have to extend the front bumper mount to make it fit. A lot of people dont even realize that the truck is a brushless Revo with that body on it

RC Enthusiast
    I am purchasing the E-Revo brushless edition and will be using a truck body as well. I'm looking for a toyota type body that fits. Anybody know of any?

RC Champion
    I put a Bajr body on mine.. The body is for a Slash but fits pretty good on my revo.

The pics's were taken before scratches were added..

"enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    i just ordered a ford raptor body off ebay cant wait to see what it looks like, ill post pics once it comes which will be in like a month cuz paypal takes forever to authorize payments!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    I hear ya. I just put an old school Revo 3.3 body on my ERBE (I de-badged it since taking this pic):

does this body fit on an Erevo or do you have to make new mounting holes?

RC Qualifier
    new mounting holes will need to be made. the nitro revo is aroud 1.5" inches shorter then the erevo.

i went a different route, figured anything with monster wheels and a wing needs to be a truggy.

RC Qualifier
    ok cool ty i put an emaxx body on mine and just made new holes and coverd up the original holes looked pretty good until my mothers boyfriend smashed it into a tree lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDreads View Post
    i just ordered a ford raptor body off ebay cant wait to see what it looks like, ill post pics once it comes which will be in like a month cuz paypal takes forever to authorize payments!
    wow that sucks they are really fast for me i usually get my stuff i buy off the bay in like 3 days