RC Qualifier

Electronic servo wobble

Maybe some of you rc guys can fill me in on this. Sometimes I have noticed that my front wheels will oscillate as I accelerate. This can occasionally be observed on the bench. What causes this and is there a fix? I have a savox servo and when I bought it, the lhs guy sold me a capacitor of some sort. Don't really know why.

RC Qualifier
    with you savox servo you might need a BEC because your servo probably drawing too much power ..
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    the only time i have had servo wobble/jitter is when i was using the standard servo with a spektrum radio. Once i changed the radio it was fine.

RC Qualifier
    After a little more investigation, the problem isn't the servo after all. The problem is 'gyroscopic' wheel movement that is uncontrolled due to remaining slop in the steering. I disconnected the servo arm and the wheels continue to slightly oscillate. I think I have more work to do in the slop department. I thought that the remaining amount would be inconsequential, but I think what is left is DIRECTLY related to steering movement. The slop that I removed before may have made toe, etc, more consistent, but now this remaining slop results in a car that drives around a lot. Mind of it's own.

RC Racer
    I had a problem about a month and a half ago. I was going through all the screws making sure everything is tight and all. Them screws with the big bushings in the steering well the right side was stripped out. It made my steering all over the place but still drivable. I just replaced the part that was stripped today. I just got back in the house after running it and it is running straight as an arrow now. Wish I would of done this a long time ago !!!! Also make sure that your drive shafts are not bent. This will make things very strange when driving. Bearings will throw you for a loop to !!! I've been replacing alot of bad parts lately since I unlocked my basher. I even went from a 21 pinion to a 17 just to try and keep parts intact. With telemetry I'm now running 68 mph. I want to pick up a 18 or 19. Or maybe now that my steering is perfect I should throw the 21 back in ??