RC Competitor

Question about idle tuning

Hi All,

Just need some clarification about idle tuning....

My Slayer Pro seems to be well tuned according to sights, sounds, and performance. It does not creep forward when I come to a complete stop. However, when I lift it off the ground, the wheels WILL spin. Is the goal of a properly set idle to stop the truck from creeping forward on the ground ( done! ) or to stop the wheels from spinning when set on a block?? The latter seems to be a more difficult goal to achieve without making the idle speed unstable to the point of cutting out...

Thanks

I just went out and I tried doing that will my Slayer... Which is perfectly tuned, and yes, my wheels turn when lifted off of the ground. Hmmmm. I've never had a problem with that, so I think it's normal... I think it's just there is so little friction/binding in the drivetrain when you pick it up, the clutch, (The engine idles at roughly 1000- 1500- rpm) and the clutch is just so ever slightly engaging, turning the wheels. So maybe it's a good thing... Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I just went out and I tried doing that will my Slayer... Which is perfectly tuned, and yes, my wheels turn when lifted off of the ground. Hmmmm. I've never had a problem with that, so I think it's normal... I think it's just there is so little friction/binding in the drivetrain when you pick it up, the clutch, (The engine idles at roughly 1000- 1500- rpm) and the clutch is just so ever slightly engaging, turning the wheels. So maybe it's a good thing... Hope this helps!
    Yeah...I think this is normal as well...just checking with other owners

Thanks