Exclamation Single Servo...what is needed?

I am thinking of doing a single servo conversion to my E-Revo...what is need to complete the conversion with regards to the steering? What servo can you guys recommended for the conversion?

I like to use my truck all round, hardcore bashing, racing and just stuffing around...Thanks.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    you just need a single servo.

You want to look for a metal gear servo with high torque (200oz or more) and the faster the better.

I use a hitec HS-7955TG myself....has worked great for two years now and puts the stock traxxas servos to shame on transit time and torque.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i am using one of the 2075 servo for quiet sometimes now and i have use it on 3 trucks with no problem, i guess i got lucky with this servo, but if this ever burn out i will buy the savox or hi tech MG&BB.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Each 2075 servo is rated at 125oz of torque. So, technically, you should be looking for a servo with AT LEAST 250oz to match the stock setup. With that said, im sure you could get away with something slightly less, but theres no need when lots of high power options are available.

I run single servos in all my Revo based vehicles:
    -Summit: Futaba S9157 (425oz, .14)
    -ERBE: JR Z9100T (300oz, .15)
    -Revo RR: Hitec 7955MG (333os, .15)

They all have the same setup. Aluminum servo arm, GH aluminum single sided steering arm, washer mod to the servo saver. This setup has proven to be VERY strong. But I think one of the more important benefits to going with a single servo is that generally speaking, the good ones will be much faster than the dual 2075 setups. Even the servos im using at .14 and .15 are WAY faster than the 2075's and it makes a difference.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Each 2075 servo is rated at 125oz of torque. So, technically, you should be looking for a servo with AT LEAST 250oz to match the stock setup. With that said, im sure you could get away with something slightly less, but theres no need when lots of high power options are available.

I run single servos in all my Revo based vehicles:
    -Summit: Futaba S9157 (425oz, .14)
    -ERBE: JR Z9100T (300oz, .15)
    -Revo RR: Hitec 7955MG (333os, .15)

They all have the same setup. Aluminum servo arm, GH aluminum single sided steering arm, washer mod to the servo saver. This setup has proven to be VERY strong. But I think one of the more important benefits to going with a single servo is that generally speaking, the good ones will be much faster than the dual 2075 setups. Even the servos im using at .14 and .15 are WAY faster than the 2075's and it makes a difference.
    When I recently drove your Summit I could not believe how much faster the steering response was over the stock steering setup in my Summit. In addition the steering response in your Summit was more accurate. Definitely a win-win!

I just put a hitec servo in my summit
    Is it worth the money?......
    Every penny!!!! night and day difference
    Turns full lock to lock quickly I like that
    Very much

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Which Hitec?

Last edited by 87 GN; 08-11-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Thanks 87GN...I was trying to do a search for post last night, I was rather tired thou when doing it

Thanks for all the responses guys...I appreciate it.
    Rock n Rolla !

Is this servo waterproof hitec HS-7955TG ? or are there single servo out there that are waterproof?
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Last edited by Brewers74; 08-13-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Not water proof...splash resistant yes but submerge it in water and its done...trust me my Crawler fell in my pond.I put marine grease in my new one and coated the outside with liquid electrical tape now its all good
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4