RC Enthusiast

Ez peak plus and dual charge board.

Hello. Just a quick question: have the ez peak plus and the dual charge board. Also have 2 x 5000mah lipos, and after every run one shows about 4V and the other about 3.8V.
    As I'm on holiday I only took the charger and the dual board so I can only charge both batts with the dual board.
    So here comes the question. After about 30 min, the charger says batt 1 reached 4.20V but batt 2 never charges above 3.87-3.88 V. It's normal or not? (my guess would be that the charger detects that 2 cells, that is batt 1 reached max V and then starts only to balance, so batt 2 cannot be fully charged)

Second, and related to this charger, did anybody changed the settings like max runtime (120min), or others?
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    I thought the board adapts the lipo's so they can be charged in series, which would be 4s. I'm not too keen on parallel charging if thats what the traxxas board does.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Enthusiast
    They are in series, so the charger sees the 2 batts as 1 x 4s. My guess is that's why it charges only until some cells reach 4.20V (and this happens to batt 1) and then starts balancing. But, at this time, batt 2 only has 3.87V.
    I think I need to charge the batts separately, as the one on the BEC side is always more drained than the other.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    Hi,
    I have the ez peak plus 6 amp and the 2s dual charge board, it does charge as a 4s. Do you select the balance option when charging?

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I did. Tried a couple of times and it was the same. In the batt V isn't approx the same it cannot balance within the 2h limit.

Sent from my GT-I9100

RC Qualifier
    Something isn't right for sure. I have both the dual 2s and 3s board, balance charged on 4s, 6s respectively. Always get 4.20-4.19 charged on each battery, usually 4.20V. I have it set to 150 minutes. I'd try to charge the battery by itself, see what it does. If it'll charge correctly, might have something wrong with the board? I always mark my batteries in the order I bought them, so I can identify one that might be showing signs of failure.
    FLM EMBE, P4de "Digger", Slash MT, Rustler/P4de

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe a broken wire on the balance lead from the battery???

RC Enthusiast
    The problem was that I took with me on holiday ONLY the dual 2s board. Now that I have returned home I'll try to put to storag mode both batts, one at the time, and see if it's all ok.
    Then I'll try to use the dual 2s board to charge the batts. Will report afterwards.
    Thanks for your input.

LE: should I try to modify the standard 120 min max charge time? and to what value?

RC Champion
    If your charging as 4s it'll do 4.7A for a 5000mah i would go with 90min been a long time since i worked it out but i'm guessing 70min it might cut off before it's complete depending on how long the constant voltage charge takes.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.