RC poster

1/10 Summit or 1/16 summit and e-revo

I have had my Rustler VXL for a while now and I am now looking for a new RC car to get. At first I was set on getting the 1/10th Summit, but now i noticed that I could get a 1/16th Summit VXL and a 1/16th E-revo VXL for just a little more money. I know that the 1/16th's perform nothing like the 1/10th's, but it it really that much worse. I was going to use the 1/1th Summit for crawling and walking behind on trails, and keep my Rustler for jumping and bashing since I hear those were the Summit's weak points. Any advice will help and I am also open to getting a different Traxxas offroad rc car (except nitro) if there is a better car you like (and why), except cars with the mamba monster since it is not water proof. Thanks

The 1/16 summit and erevo are really the same truck the summit is just a lil better through grass and the rough stuff. Neither is meant for trails both are roughly high speed bashers. Better than your 2wd rustler but still the same style vehicle. the 1/10 is really a different type of vehicle much more interesting. I saw get the 1/10 summit ( more interesting and versatile) than later pick up a cheap used 1/16 erevo for the need for speed bug.

And no the mini summit is nothing like the full1/10 summit. No locking diffs so you will suffer when climbing objects especially wben 1 tire looses traction. It is sensoreless brushless so really slow crawling attempts will be met with slight cogging. The 1/16 looks like a summit but is really just a high speed basher.
    Last edited by noir 522; 08-09-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

Even geared low and with the transmission gear swap, I found the brushless mini Summit was not very well suited to the extreme terrain in which the 1:10 Summit thrives. (The Titan 12T brushed version of the mini may be better for this role.) However, when I switched the transmission gears back to stock, I really enjoyed it as a close-quarters, medium speed basher.
    There's not an RTR I know of that comes close to the abilities and capabilities of the 1:10 Summit. If you want to take a truck on trails with any degree of difficulty (as in not a gravel-covered rail trail) then get the 1:10.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Well I started with my 1:16 ERevo and loved it! Taught me almost everything I know about the hobby. Then I bought the Summit, and I've used the Revo about 4 times. After spending over $1200 on that car with upgrades and all... the $6-650 Summit certainly takes the cake.

If you DO decide to go for the smaller guy, make sure you get Summit tires for the E-Revo, it really REALLY boosts its performance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Clowe9461 View Post
    I have had my Rustler VXL for a while now and I am now looking for a new RC car to get. At first I was set on getting the 1/10th Summit, but now i noticed that I could get a 1/16th Summit VXL and a 1/16th E-revo VXL for just a little more money. I know that the 1/16th's perform nothing like the 1/10th's, but it it really that much worse. I was going to use the 1/1th Summit for crawling and walking behind on trails, and keep my Rustler for jumping and bashing since I hear those were the Summit's weak points. Any advice will help and I am also open to getting a different Traxxas offroad rc car (except nitro) if there is a better car you like (and why), except cars with the mamba monster since it is not water proof. Thanks
    I have 2 1/10th summits and a vxl mini erevo and the summits get driven 10000000000000000000000000000x more then the mini erevo. I thought the mini erevo was a cool idea... imo its not. The 1/10 summits are amazing weather its indoor crawling or outdoor, couches and chairs or rivers and rocks, the summit does it all. My friend have axial wraiths and xr10s and we go trail crawling and they get stuck all day long i hit it with my summit first try it goes right over. 1/10 summits are loads of fun. Im upgrading mine to a team tekin 2250kv sensored motor and rc8 sensored esc for fast and good sensored crawling. If you wanted you could buy a roller off ebay and put on your own rims/tires electronics body and motor/esc and just go straight to brushless
    Last edited by boston2612; 08-10-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Competitor
    The 1/16 Summit VXL is a little speed deamon, but imho the 1/10 is THE real thing. I have both of them, since getting the 1/10 the little 1/16 has become a dust collector on the shelf. If you want crawling, trail running, enjoy technical challenge driving then get the 1/10 Summit. If you want only speed bashing then get 1/16 e-Revo (and buy mini Summit tires and body for it if you want the Summit look).