Thread: Steel axels.

RC Qualifier

Steel axels.

Hey what are good steel axles that fit? Are MIP any good?
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I have mip on my rustler, they seen good so far, they do hit the suspension arm on the outer end when the ATM is at full droop but they grind the arm away a but and fit street a couple of runs lol. They are very very strongly made. Of they every fail it will be at the points where they have pins going through them holding all the parts together.

There have been mixed reviews on the MIPS.some love them,some break or twist them.the stockers are fairly inexpensive.Ive run brushless and the dewalt and don't break many axles.slipper setup is the key to axle life

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    There have been mixed reviews on the MIPS.some love them,some break or twist them.the stockers are fairly inexpensive.Ive run brushless and the dewalt and don't break many axles.slipper setup is the key to axle life

Sent using lipo power
    I'm upgrading to tekin 2250kv and rx8. I'm worried about the stock axels because those blue rubber boots got old and torn up and sand has been rubbing inside there.
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Competitor
    Not sure on a summit but on my brushless emaxx I'm running mip axles and they've been holding up for a couple years now. And I'm not easy on them, I don't clean and regrease them very much at all. They are full of dirt than they are of grease. They are a little wore but have never broke or given me any trouble.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    An eMaxx and a Rustler are very different RC's.
    Just because MIP works great on those does not mean it will work great on a Summit. This is even the case for a very close RC to the Summit, the Revo.

The weak point is exposed in MIP axles when the suspension is reaching its full potential... at full droop.
    This is when they fail most. These angles are not achieved on Rustlers, Maxx's, or Revo's. Only Summits.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I dont use the slipper clutch....i crank it tight (lol) and use the axles mip in the rear, and the stocks in the front, I have had great luck, but i love doing cyclones on pavement!...haha!
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC poster
    I have the Tekin RX8 and 2250 combo in mine... Ive snapped 4 stock axles, so I too am running MIP in the rear, and stock ones up front, it seems to be holding up well but I keep burning up slippers. Im thinking about bolting the slipper together, I dont want it anyway.

RC Qualifier
    slipper has saved me a lot of cash, properly set its a thing of beauty. Mip seems fairly strong but for the price the stock axles are plenty strong. Just keep spare short shafts around. changing the stub axle from a broken shaft is an easy trail repair.

RC Qualifier

RC Competitor
    What's with the tie wrap on the MIPS?

RC Champion
    If I am not mistaken the zip ties are holding on home made rubber tube dust boots. Or some shrink wrap.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Yup, heat shrink around the pins and the slides, to try to keep dirt out. Works very well, did it on my old summit and my old slash 4x4, and back to ths summit again.