RC Enthusiast

Charged Lipo for the first time, did I do it incorrectly?

I charged a new 2s 5000mah Lipo last night with my EZ Peak at 5amps. I set it to balanced mode and when I went a checked on it a little over an hour later it wasn't doing anything. It showed that it had charged for about 48 minutes and it looked like it was done, except it didn't beep and show "Finished" on the screen like it does when I charge a NiMH. It also showed about 2368mah instead of 5000. Did I do something wrong or is this correct? How do I use the charger to figure out if the battery is charged correctly? Thanks for any help!

If the batt was new it comes at storage voltage about a half charge.it can take more than a hour to balance charge a batt.leave it go until finished. it can take more than a hour

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, Before I read your reply I plugged the battery back in and it only charged for a minute before stopping and saying full. So it makes sense that the battery was half full when I got it and it charged the rest of the half the first time I charged it. I still haven't had a chance to put it in my ruck and test it out :/ I guess there isn't any way to plug a battery in the charger and have it tell you how much juice is left?