RC Enthusiast

Options for stronger drivetrain?

Hey guys I need something to hold up to the mamba monster power. I broke a drive axel using lipo 6 cell. This thing is bad *****. It can do multiple standing backflips. So glad I traded my 3.3 revo for this brushless edition well worth it. Any ideas you guys have or have tried with sucess.? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Try Summit shafts. You will need 2 sets of Summit long half shafts for 1 Erevo. Part number TRX5656, I think.

RC Competitor
    mips i herd good things about them . o u can get them on ebay

RC Enthusiast
    i have no problems with the traxxas cvd's...i even have the center ones too

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    cvd's are know for poping out of their drive cups when your a hard basher, summit axles have a longer telescopic that can absorb just about any articulation angle to your a-arms.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC poster
    Can anyone else comment on what we need to fit the summit shafts to an ERBE, is it just the TRX 5656 long shafts and all the rest fits?

RC Qualifier
    i bought a complete set off the bay and then went to my lhs and just bought 2 long shafts then took the 2 short shafts and put onto the long ones and then installed on the truck.i did run with the shorts ones up front for a short while and had no problems either just want it all to look the same.i also switched them around to where the boots are on the inside(closer to the diff) to help the boots last longer

RC Qualifier
    Summit shafts are a great upgrade. You'll need the long ones.

If your breaking them in backflips, let off the throttle as soon as the truck becomes airborne. I found I stopped breaking drive shafts when I was off the throttle when the tires touched back down.

RC Racer
    I am in the process of buying all the parts needed to mimic Mitch316 build and I am going to use an aluminum chassis from Kershaw Designs. If you want to save alot of money then you need to read through his build. Craig Mitch Bashes way harder than the average basher and he has found a few good tips to help us average basher guys keep our trucks alive.

here is Craig M. link.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...6-ERBE-rebuild

Here is clp71220's link.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-other-goodies!

Here is 50togo's build.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...awasaki-e-revo

One thing in common for all these trends is we are all serching for ways to make our trucks as strong as they can be.

I am sure this will help.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgehemi0 View Post
    Hey guys I need something to hold up to the mamba monster power. I broke a drive axel using lipo 6 cell. This thing is bad *****. It can do multiple standing backflips. So glad I traded my 3.3 revo for this brushless edition well worth it. Any ideas you guys have or have tried with sucess.? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Have you shimmed your diffs? They usually have a bit of play

RC Enthusiast
    +1 for summit shafts from Ebay. The short shafts work fine.