RC Competitor

In the market for Aluminum Steering Knuckles - Recommendations/ Suggestions

Hi everyone,
    I want to upgrade to aluminum knuckles. I have seen the HR ones and like them, especially the fact that they come with metal pivot ball caps.
    I currently have integy knuckles and the plastic caps are stripped. I cant tighten them nor can I take them out. The only option is to change them altogether.

Also do new ones from HR come with metal balls that go inside the knuckles?

Any other options that I should be looking at.

I do not abuse my truck and mostly its on road with a little bit of off road

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I have the HR's and have never had a problem. However, I do mostly street runs. Some of the bashers have reported that the knuckles wear badly enough to pop out the pivot balls.

The HR's don't come with the pivot balls, but the stock balls fit. You can also spill more cash and get the Lundsford Titanium balls:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYDM0&P=ML
    Last edited by chilidillo; 08-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Merv: Neu, MMP

RC Qualifier
    I run the HR ones and love them. They just come with knuckle, pivot ball caps and Allen wrench. Far as I remember been a min since I got them. A lot of people like GPM and GH also. I went with HR mainly for the knuckles with green pivot ball caps.

RC Qualifier
    Regarding the stuck plastic retainer caps: Spray them with WD40 or other thin lube wait a minute, find a large flat screwdriver that roughly fits in the destroyed hex, jam the screwdriver in and then gently wiggle and try to unscrew them.
    That worked for me with a stripped cap in my GPM knuckles.

I think Integy doesnt sell replacement retainer caps? But GPM does, you can try if their caps fits the Integy knuckle. Part-no is GPM ERV021DC. They are only $2.99. Cheaper as new knuckles and if they dont fit, you dont loose too much.

My experience with the HR knuckles are soso. I would not say that they are bad, but there are certainly better options available. My HR's started to pop the pivotballs after about a year, their were worn out on the innerside. The alloy retainer caps have the tendency to come loose every other run if you drive offroad. That can get quite annoying.
    I have seen reports that some came with bad threads and we have one report from a user where one knuckle came without a thread in one hole, that thing was unusable.

For all this reasons, like better build quality, durabilty and available spare parts it would recommend GPM knuckles over HR.
    Although the HR do look better.

Search the forum too, we have 101 threads about knuckles..

Edit: Part.no for the GPM knuckles is ERV021 and they are available in lotsa different colors.
    Last edited by CMD-J; 08-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.

RC Qualifier
    integy knuckles worked well for me surprise surprise also rmp worked well for awhile(good for street use)untill they popped then every time a hit a jump or crash they kept popping and got worse my 2 cents