RC Enthusiast

Talking Traxxas Summit | Oahu Hawaii | VLOGs

New member here, just bought a Traxxas Summit this past week. Coming from Brushless Mamba Monster Emaxx; its a whole different category and i've always wanted a summit ever since i got back into RC.

After making my Emaxx into a trail truck there were to many limitations and i was wasting the advantages of its Brushless System.

Finally found a great deal on a Summit and after my first run out with it this past week. I was WAY MORE THEN impressed with it.
    Its exactly what i was looking for in my RC hobby and cant wait to get it on our Sunday Trails.
    We are a small group of friends that try to trail every sunday on all the different trails here on Oahu, Hawaii.
    Here is a short video of some random footage we put together since we took the Summit out for a debut run. After this sunday look back to this thread for the newest trail footage of it!

There a few other videos on his channel, listed as Sunday|Trails. Those will showcase my emaxx as well and some of my buddies RC's.. all from emaxx's to erevos to comp crawlers.. and now finally a SUMMIT

Hopefully you guys enjoy our new updated videos every sunday!
    I look forward to seeing everyone else's ideas and trucks

Our first Sunday|Trails Run, Manana Trail, Oahu Hawaii

Our second Sunday|Trails Run at Manana Trails, Oahu Hawaii
    It was such a great run the first time and such a long hike we had to go back for a second run.
    Total Trail length is about 7 Miles

We just picked up the GoPro Hero2 and have just got into this whole video trailing scene so that's all we have for now. We've done a few other trails that haven't had a chance to get any recordings from; so we start our journey fresh here. Enjoy!

ALOHA from Hawaii!

Not available on mobile devices
    Bummer. need to change settings in you tube to make it available on mobile
    If you so desire

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Haha yea the "random footage" one?
    Talked to my friend, asked him why he blocked it.

Said that YouTube blocked it automatically for him because of copyright issues..
    Since I guess we used a more "mainstream" song this time. Certain label companies have different copyright plans.
    Sorry! I told him gotta change song but then we gotta redo the whole video. Haha.
    Sorry! But the other two are mobile available. Only thing is no summit. Haha

RC Enthusiast
    UPDATE: not sure exactly what happen. But the "random footage" seems to be working on my phone.
    I just clicked tr first video on my iPhone and it went through fine.
    I'm using safari on iPhone. Guess there is a loop hole. Haha

RC Enthusiast
    FLEX

More FLEX

Sandy's Beach, Oahu, Hawaii

Crawl

Beach! SAND! summit LOVES IT!

Beautiful Hawaii

Long beaches of sand

FLEX

If you notice ALL other 3 wheels are still touching the ground!!

MEAN FLEX
    If you notice ALL other 3 wheels are still touching the ground!!

RC Champion
    Just a tad jealous :P

Great vids, this is how you use a Summit!

RC Enthusiast
    Haha thanks man!!
    I really dig the summit. The more and more I play with it, I get more and more impressed!

But I'm sure Toronto got some sick trails!

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    As promised, another Sunday|Trails!

Sunday|trails. August 13, 2012 | Oahu, Hawaii | WAIMANO TRAIL | WATER!!

ENJOY!

RC Enthusiast
    any comments?

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    I am liking your videos I enjoyed the clips where you had a camera mounted and filmed while following another crawler. Much more interesting to me with that sort of perspective.

I'm a little jealous of the great variety of terrain you have to choose from
    And it's all so close by!!

The Kid

I'd have posted sooner, but there has been a lot of issues getting to the forums lately. Traxxas IT guys are sorting it out.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

Quote Originally Posted by awpsome View Post
    any comments?
    Sorry man,but i got nothing that can compete with that...LOL nice run
    i subbed you on utube.good stuff
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry Kid View Post
    I am liking your videos I enjoyed the clips where you had a camera mounted and filmed while following another crawler. Much more interesting to me with that sort of perspective.

I'm a little jealous of the great variety of terrain you have to choose from
    And it's all so close by!!

The Kid

I'd have posted sooner, but there has been a lot of issues getting to the forums lately. Traxxas IT guys are sorting it out.
    Thank you for the kind comments! i really appreciate it!
    haha but yea the camera mounted on another RC really seems to help bring the RC perspective point rather then the much higher "helicopter" type of view..

Yes, i am very grateful to live in Hawaii, but at the same time there is a LOT more to do on the mainland with terrain, but i guess your right just not as "close" to get to..

And no worries, haha i just kidding around asking for comments, just trying to get some feedback to make better videos!
    i was also wondering about that too, the forums have been really buggy lately..

Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Sorry man,but i got nothing that can compete with that...LOL nice run
    i subbed you on utube.good stuff
    Thank you for your kind comments, but i am still far from having "super nice" videos.. still learning the whole video editing thing.
    Thanks for the subscription! We try to get at least one video a week, mostly sundays

RC Enthusiast
    Sunday|trails. August 17, 2012 | Oahu, Hawaii | Random Footage #2

Sunday|trails. August 19, 2012 | Oahu, Hawaii | Tripler Ridge Trail | Legs Hurting... HAHA

RC Enthusiast
    bumpppppppppppp

Nice..... The tire was a great one to catch on video
    Looking good

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    thanks man!
    hahaha yea the tire flying off was classic!
    but **** those chevron style tires seem to stay on good even without glue.. HAHA

Awesome videos mate...well done. Good choice of music too. You really given the Summit a different perspective for me . Keep up the god work!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Haha thanks man!!
    What kind of terrain you usually on?

UPDATE: sorry no Sunday trails this past week... Was our buddies bday... And let's just say a $800 Saturday night didn't have us awake for Sunday. Hahah

Haha thanks man!!
    What kind of terrain you usually on?

UPDATE: sorry no Sunday trails this past week... Was our buddies bday... And let's just say a $800 Saturday night didn't have us awake for Sunday. Hahah
    I'm in the process of building a Summit from me eRevo spares...Probably run the truck to something similar to your videos. I live in Brisbane, and a 30min drive out the city and I can be in an enviroment similar to your trails.

Will mainly be used in the forest behind my house...it's nothing exciting, its relatively flat but its a good excuse to get out the house with the kids and take the Summit along and go for a walk and bash
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Exactly, same for us. Gives us a reason to be healthy and go out and hike while still having fun.
    Haha always get people asking us about batteries and if we make it to the end.
    We tell them yes and with 2 sets we usually get a good 4-5 hour runs.

Exactly, same for us. Gives us a reason to be healthy and go out and hike while still having fun.
    Haha always get people asking us about batteries and if we make it to the end.
    We tell them yes and with 2 sets we usually get a good 4-5 hour runs.
    Awesome, I like that run time. I sent you a PM mate
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you to all our viewers, we appreciate even just the views!
    we also want feedback either on youtube comments or here doesnt matter!
    we missed last week due to a birthday on saturday night that... well lets just say ended with a 800$ bill.. HAHA
    had rough mornings, but this sunday we are looking forward to another trail we have in mind..

ONLY thing holding us back right now is the summit is down... well more like having an upgrade..
    with the traxxas power up program i turned in my 2.4 traxxas transmitter that had a really finicky throttle trigger; so bad the truck would drive a little bit forward on its own.. nothing drastic.. just irritating..
    so with traxxas power up i am getting a new traxxas 2.4 tqi from our local hobby shop..
    but waiting on the shipping
    hopefully it will be here by sunday but as of right now; no updates

RC Enthusiast
    sorry to anyone, if there is anyone, who looks forward to our sunday trails..
    my local hobby store is still waiting for traxxas to me my replacement tx and rx..

its killing me just looking at a summit that cant be used.. HAHA

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Always hate waiting on parts, especially one that are needed
    Hope you get back on the road soon
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

You can always quadruple check everything else...lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry Kid View Post
    Always hate waiting on parts, especially one that are needed
    Hope you get back on the road soon
    tell me about it.. JASKLFJASFIA so i call them today and before they said 10 days... its been over two weeks and now they are saying "oh sorry we meant 1 month".. ***

Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    You can always quadruple check everything else...lol

Sent using lipo power
    HAHA its been lubed, cleaned, every screw checked, looked at, admired, everything but driven..

To entertain myself in the mean time i was looking through all the raw footage and stumbled upon this..
    so why not make a video..
    HAHA

ENJOY IT IN HD AS ALWAYS!

RC Champion
    hahaaha awesome!

RC Enthusiast
    haha thanks!
    after looking at the footage i wish we had more footage or at least more angles..
    these are one of moments that came unplanned.. and just happened HAHA

Your lucky,normally when those moments occur you don't have a cam going!!!!!

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    HAHA so true.. we were actually only filming to take him for a ride thinking he would jump off immediately but he stayed on and i actually didnt see the roomba till i drove over it and we started CRACKINGG up when he just offroaded it HAHAHA

RC Enthusiast
    UPDATE: was told by hobby shop that my tx and rx replacement should be in sometime this week...
    HOPEFULLY.. ive been without RC for over 3 weeks.. i dont believe it..

RC Enthusiast
    UPDATE FINALLY!!
    the tx and rx has come in finally from traxxas through my local hobby shop.
    cant believe its been a month since i was able to play with the summit..
    We will finally have a video after this weekend sunday, we have already decided a location and time to go hiking.

PHOTOS!

Traxxas TQi Summit version, newest, with iphone dock for tuning!!

For those who havent seen the new TQi's with the iphone dock.

best part of getting the TQi with the iphone dock is that coming from the older TQ remotes whenever i wanted to adjust any settings on the remote i would have to go through the flow chart and count leds on the tx while pushing two buttons only and figuring out what the **** i am doing..

now with the free app from traxxas and the iphone compatibility i can do all the tuning and adjusting straight from my iphone. SUPER EASY.. and later if i decide to buy those useless telemetry sensors i can view them live through the tx as well.
    shows things like engine temps, rpms, speed, battery voltage(im actually thinking about this one..) all through the phone..
    setting the trims and everything is cake with the phone and just overall AWESOME..

ill be testing range and such this weekend.. also another benefit i just thought of compared to the old TQ's is that this now has a fail safe.. meaning if for whatever reason i lose signal between the tx and rx the truck wont have a mind of its own and go full speed somewhere i dont want it to

anyone who is looking to do this upgrade.. WORTH IT FOR SURE.. if you dont want to spend big bucks on a tx and rx because with the summit you need the extra channels for lockers and transmission.. use the traxxas power program..
    give in your old tx and rx and get the newest stuff for a discounted price..
    all the info and prices are on traxxas's website..
    awesome deal..

reason i did the upgrade was because my old TQ remote throttle was always finicky where the truck would drive forward or reverse on its own.. come to find out after countless endpoint adjusments that everytime i "hit" the transmitter when its acting up, the problem would disappear.. Meaning it was the transmitter sensor internally going bad.. everytime the truck starting to drive on its own a light tap to the transmitter and its back to normal..
    i decided to deal with it for a while... then after trailing much more often.. it gets very annoying. especially when on a the ridge of a hiking trail...

after finding out how cheap it was to upgrade the tx and rx versus buying a new aftermarket tx that could handle all the controls needed from the summit it was the best decision i made..
    for under $100.. i upgrade my remote to the latest and greatest and fixed all my issues and gave me tuning capabilities through the iphone..
    only thing that ****ing irritated me was the time it took.. but i cant complain.. for the deal?.. its worth the wait..

RC poster
    Hi awpsome, can you tell me where you guys go?I do have a traxxas summit too, I live here in oahu, and will like to get together. Let me know.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey I Live On Oahu 2 Lol I Got A Traxxas Spartan Any Good Freshwater Spots To Run It (Other Than Lake Wilson)....?

Looking good mate...I like the video of Diesel off roading .
    Rock n Rolla !