RC poster

more than 1 trucks?

Hey, i have got a HPI trophy buggy 3.5 nitro, and i am looking at getting either the slash 2wd, slash 4x4 or the merv and i was wondering if it is worth it. I know that they r better than the hpi but will i be able to do more with it or will it be more fun? Also which truck should i get out of the ones i have mentioned? I only bash!
    Thank you

RC Champion
    Definitely get the slash 4x4. It is a fantastic basher, extremely durable, and very very fast.
    Slash 2wd is good too but it will not have as good of handling.
    The merv I have heard is not quite as durable and has weak diffs.
    For nitros I would keep your hpi. Hpi makes good engines.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    The Slash 4x4 is awesome if you want a pretty fast, excellent handling, very durable truck. It's the slowest of the 3 you listed, but it will do 35 mph pretty easily, completely stock... and with the right setup, you don't even have to let off the throttle when you turn!

RC Qualifier
    Although there's something to be said for just having one car you take good care of, having an electric truck is really fun to have. A Slash or Stampede 4x4, or even just a regular Stampede would be a ton of fun to have. Check them all out and see if any of them appeal to you. We're certainly happy to answer specific questions on each model.

RC Qualifier
    I enjoyed my Merv, but it was very limited on where you could drive it. The Stampede 4x4 is a good basher. Even the 2wd version is great fun. That's my first choice. My slash is a fun basher, just not in long grass. But the thing takes a good beating.
    Last edited by No One; 08-09-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC poster
    I like the Slash 4x4 for its versatility and parts availablity. My new one just showed up yesterday.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    ever consider buying a ERBE? that way you have your nitro HPI buggy and BL MT truck that can beat buggy/truggy on track, LOL.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |