RC Racer

Merv to Kyle Busch converstion.

Hey guys (mods move if this isnt in the right place) i was wondering what i need regarding a merv to KB convertion. I already have body post and body. I also have, sold as rally and or ken block and mustang front and rear suspension arms and toe links
    I dont have shocks but i have mini revo and mini summit shock. Can i use either them shocks on my kb and if so what springs should i use to run on my KB set up. can i use other 1/16th traxxas cars springs if i cant get kb specific springs. and what other traxxas cars springs are sutable to run on my KB?
    Also what rockers do i need, KB specific or any 1/16th cars? Mini revo rockers the same by any chance?

Thanks guys, help appreciated. Just gotta suss this out before i order shocks or springs with my next order.
    Btw yes i also have the KB tyres and wheels

Revo rockers are the same.
    Sounds like you have most of what you need... but axles.
    I think the KB shocks have a limiter within the shock itself... but running without will not hurt anything.

KB owners will need to chime in on what springs work best.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

Dont forget the front bumper/skid assembly.

You will need to run the Rally shocks with the limiters in them. Or install the limiters on the Merv shocks.

When i had mine i just ran it on the stock springs, didnt see any real issues. Handled fine for my driving requirements.
    The KB rockers are stamped P2 as well, i think the only variation on those in that scale is the summit still gets LT. i think all the 1/16 aside from the summit are P2 rockers.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    thanks guys.
    yeah i got axles and hubs, just realise i have spare merv and summit axles. could have done a chop on them! Forgot all about the front bumber, putting that in order now
    Cant wait to do some runs round the local velodrome where for my 1/10 car its like Dover, so with the KB im thinking should be like a Dover/Daytona. hehee!

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, please edit it out in the future to avoid earning warning points. The language filter blocks words that Traxxas has deemed inappropriate for use here.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-08-2012 at 06:49 AM.