RC Qualifier

Sad day for the mmp...

Well.. Today my mmp got the joy of splashing through a watery mud puddle. It lost all power, and the fans/headlights kept surging...

So here's how my mmp looks as of right now...

Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

That's no good
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Uh oh. I've never tried to disassemble one of my MMP's. How does it look on the inside?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    I lost sight of my rc and it flew into a ditch. By the time i got to it it was sitting underwater. I was very upset. But like everyone says, something breaks, time to upgrade! Now im running mmm 2200. Hehe
    Backslash 4x4
    FLM Rustler

RC Qualifier
    Its actually not hard to get the case off. Its essentially a big heatsink on the top, which you can see in the pic above, and than a bunch of circuity on the bottom. Receiver/switch wires solder to the bottom, and the battery input and motor output wires solder to the top, and there are 3 decently sized capacitors on the top next to the heatsink.

Good news though, I got it up and running again. I used a hair dryer on low heat to dry it out, than sprayed it down with electrical contact cleaner, and a dry cloth.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

Thats good... You got lucky this time round
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    u could also put it in a bag of rice, works for phones. sucks the moisture out

RC Qualifier
    Funny you should say rice, it does work. I'm in the cell phone biz!! But uncooked rice guys, i had some put their phone in a bag of cooked rice and complain to me it didn't work.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgb007 View Post
    Funny you should say rice, it does work. I'm in the cell phone biz!! But uncooked rice guys, i had some put their phone in a bag of cooked rice and complain to me it didn't work.
    common sense comes into play. its saved 3 of my phones.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgb007 View Post
    hey u have a pm check it out and i tried the rice idea and it work
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

RC Qualifier
    Dude, I get that, but you would be surprised what some people will do, present company excluded of course
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Champion
    Im never suprised at what people are capable of. One of my favorite saying is "You cant fix stupid"
    I could write a book on some of the things I have witnessed over my lifetime. It would be found in the Are you kidding me" section of the library, right next to the comedy.

Glad you were able to dry out the MMP

RC Qualifier
    the are you kidding me section would grow. because i could write the second part of that novel no problem. The rice trick seem the best way to dry electronics out . im glad to hear you got the mmp back up and running ,but are you going to put it back in the truck or leave the 2200 in there

RC Racer
    becareful cuz if u use a blow dryer it can damage the chips and resistors in the esc. I always use uncooked rice when drying out any electronics.

RC Qualifier
    i gave my T8 a bath in corrosion x quite a while ago and have never had any problems with it when it gets wet. i don't treat it like it's waterproof, but it's a nice insurance policy. look up corrosion x, it's good stuff.