RC poster

Thumbs up Proud New Slayer Pro 3.3 Owner

hey everybody my name is Nate . i just recently picked up a used slayer pro off of craigslist that was in pretty bad shape, but i got a swingin' deal on it. both diffs were completely trashed and somehow water damaged and there was nothing left in the 2-speed transmission but ground down gear chunks. needless to say i took the entire truck apart and rebuilt it with a few extra mods......for now. i am open to tips, tricks and tweaks to build a race ready sc truck.

Welcome to the fourms! Sweet Slayer! I'm glad to see some more people getting one, it seems like me and 1979chevy. are the only ones with Slayers... For upgrades, I would reconmend getting sway bars, but it looks like you already got them. Do you want to race it? Or do you just want to bash with it? Either way, I'd look at getting some better tires, because the stock ones come in a really hard compound, so they have a long wear on pavment. An other upgrade I'd look at getting would be getting a center diff and rear brake, it will help put the power down, and help the handling. Ps. How much did you buy it for?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Welcome to the fourms! Sweet Slayer! I'm glad to see some more people getting one, it seems like me and 1979chevy. are the only ones with Slayers... For upgrades, I would reconmend getting sway bars, but it looks like you already got them. Do you want to race it? Or do you just want to bash with it? Either way, I'd look at getting some better tires, because the stock ones come in a really hard compound, so they have a long wear on pavment. An other upgrade I'd look at getting would be getting a center diff and rear brake, it will help put the power down, and help the handling. Ps. How much did you buy it for?
    wolfshash thanks for the heads up on the diff and brake, that was my next upgrade along with tires. i want this truck to be race only, i have my tmaxx for bashing lol. the dude let it go for $150

wolfshash thanks for the heads up on the diff and brake, that was my next upgrade along with tires. i want this truck to be race only, i have my tmaxx for bashing lol. the dude let it go for $150
    For $150?!? Crap, at that price I would have gotten it even if it diddn't have a engine on it! Great find!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    For $150?!? Crap, at that price I would have gotten it even if it diddn't have a engine on it! Great find!
    the price was totally rad. i have so much extra cash for mods.

RC Qualifier
    yea i had my stock tires pretty much smooth after one gallon or so on my slayer pro. it's a great truck for sure! really don't have many complaints bout it. everything on mine has held up great and i do some pretty hard bashing with mine and has had a few run ins with my friends tmaxx. only thing that really has broke on me is i had a tie rod get pulled out of the rod end. was able to screw it back in, but i still ordered the traxxas aluminum tie rod tubes. i also have the traxxas pushrods, a rear end spool, rpm axle carriers, THS tuned pipe (great pipe!), GH cooling head, motor saver air filter,50wt shock oil, stiffer springs cant remember which color code, sway bars, and i run duratrax lock up 1/8 scale buggy tires. and right now i'm in the middle of trimming up the pro line flo tek body for it. but welcome to the forum and enjoy the pro it's a great truck..

we def need to get more people so maybe we can get RPM to make some arms for the slayer pro.

RC Competitor
    I can't wait to pick up a slayer for myself, I love the looks of them ,lol. I have a rusty. How did you make out with this?