RC Qualifier

Another servo issue

I installed a new servo (Hitec 5085) in my son's Summit. It turns further to the left than to the right. I did center the wheels and servo before connecting the little arm that connects to the servo. What am I missing? The "little arm" also seems to be hitting the servo guard, not sure why?

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke
    not trying to sound like a smart guy but have you checked the steering trim on the tx? or you can just unscrew the horn and reposition it on the servo

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfarmer13 View Post
    not trying to sound like a smart guy but have you checked the steering trim on the tx? or you can just unscrew the horn and reposition it on the servo
    Done all that, seems the part that attaches to the servo was hitting the servo protector

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out - even if the *s are in a quote.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-08-2012 at 10:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It'll do that you need to set up your steering end points or trim the guard back.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    I just had to replace a servo on my boy's mini digger, again. I modded it to dual servos, using stock servos. While up camping 2 weeks ago, the digger stopped working, (alternating red/green flashing ESC led), so I went through the troubleshooting process and narrowed it down to one of the servos. Easy fix to get him back up & running, I just pulled it out & left him with one. For those of you with questions about the red/green LED, I also upgraded it to brushless.

I called TRAXXAS and they were VERY helpful. I was sent a new servo, and also helped through setting up the servo endpoints in the transmitter. I ran it HARD the past week with no issues! I'm VERY happy with the customer service TRAXXAS offers, which is probably why there are 9 TRAXXAS vehicles in my house!