Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Any XO-1's in central jersey, I'd like to race one with my nitro rs4!

Just wondering if there are any XO-1 owners around NJ, I don't know anybody that owns one nor do I hang out with a regular RC group.

Looking to see how my nitro cars would fair against one!
    I'd like to purchase one in the future, great car and I do have alot of space to run.
    here is a vid of my current RS4-3 .21 project...

RC Enthusiast
    That's a quick car I'm out on long island ny I do have family in southern jersey and I'll be out there sometime this month. My xo-1 should be done by then I'm currently swapping the motor and esc for something else and I would like to seehow it would do against a fast nitro car. Just so you know mine is not stock or you can race my rustler mamba monster
    Last edited by slvr bullet; 08-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    never can own to many rc cars
    to many to list

RC Enthusiast
    That sounds awesome man, I lost contact with rc guys lately, I might go check out floyd Bennett field in brooklyn when the weather is not boiling, it would be fun let me know.

All the people I used to bash with had nitro cars, so I never really got to experience the brushless thing.
    I'm a nitro guy at heart (tinkering/modding/tuning/maintenance etc.. is fun to me) but I love speed and may be picking one up soon.

One advantage I think I have is that I can hit full throttle from a stop, being that I have very little low end power till about 30-40mph.
    Last edited by fdjizm; 08-06-2012 at 11:02 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    I used to mess with nitro ever since I got int brushless I sold all my nitro stuff and never looked back
    to many to list

RC Enthusiast
    Ouch that hurts my heart, man!!! lol
    I sometimes want to be able to "plug-in" and go but there is that side of me that thinks that's too easy, I get a bit more from the fact that it's harder to reach high speeds with nitro cars.

But sometimes you need easy, been into nitro cars for 15 years now.
    Reading up on the brushless stuff lately and it's getting tempting with all the advances in technology.

RC Enthusiast
    I know all about it I had thousands into nitro cars trucks. Then I bought a rustler vxl and it spanked my jato then I bought my xo-1 and that destroyed my 4tec and I don't even want to mention my emaxx to my tmaxx
    to many to list

RC Champion
    Wow is this Frankie from 1320 legends??? Been awhile man. Nice ride you got there. I'm hoping to get my XO-1 out soon to top at least 110. I hope...
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Wow is this Frankie from 1320 legends??? Been awhile man. Nice ride you got there. I'm hoping to get my XO-1 out soon to top at least 110. I hope...
    hahah yea man, whats up!? it's been a while hope all is well for ya, bro!
    I think I'm going to be grabbing an XO-1 soon, I'm sure 110 is possible for you man just need lots of space!

Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Where in central Nj?
    Near edison, perth amboy, metuchen etc...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
    hahah yea man, whats up!? it's been a while hope all is well for ya, bro!
    I think I'm going to be grabbing an XO-1 soon, I'm sure 110 is possible for you man just need lots of space!

Near edison, perth amboy, metuchen etc...
    Yeah man, I'm good. Hope all is well your way. If I can keep my XO-1 on the ground, 110 should be a breeze. I'm running the 1/5 scale xl2 ESC and can run up to 8s lipos. I gotta get it out there soon. I'm gonna text my buddy tonight to see about getting on the air force base soon.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    Where in central Nj?
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    That's pretty impressive for the RS4. I've got one as well... and haven't touched it since I purchased my XO1.

Try getting a buddy out there with you to film the entire run. What kind of distances are required for you to hit 102mph?
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks man alot of work and mods to it!, I'm not exactly sure but if I were to guess I would have to say 500-600ft?
    All I know is I can barely hear and see it but I know which direction it's pointing lol.
    It doesn't always hit 102, depends on outside temp, engine temp etc...

That day I made two 98mph runs and one 101 run and then 102 then 96... downhill from there the engine was boiling and the clutch shoes and bearings were shot.
    Last edited by fdjizm; 08-07-2012 at 02:12 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    fdjizm what model garmin gps is that?
    to many to list

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Yeah man, I'm good. Hope all is well your way. If I can keep my XO-1 on the ground, 110 should be a breeze. I'm running the 1/5 scale xl2 ESC and can run up to 8s lipos. I gotta get it out there soon. I'm gonna text my buddy tonight to see about getting on the air force base soon.
    Glad to hear you're good bro!
    Yea that thing might want to take flight, seen alot of vids of it taking off with a bit of wind haha.
    it's funny but I run no body on this RS4 and it doesn't fly... but I put the body on and after 80 or so sweet backflip.
    That's a heck of a combo there man (beast motor!), post up and let me know how it goes!
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr bullet View Post
    fdjizm what model garmin gps is that?
    It's the garmin forerunner 201, they are all over ebay for 50-60 bucks.
    I'd take a GPS over a handheld bushnell radar gun anyday lol.
    Last edited by fdjizm; 08-07-2012 at 07:54 PM.

RC Champion
    Yeah it's so time to get mine out there. Only been a little over 80 MPH so far at 1/2 throttle on 6s. 8s should be insane.
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    I've never driven one but I know you can't just mash the throttle till you're well on your way lol.
    I have the xo-1 slicks fitted on my hyper 7 buggy, they are good after they warm up a bit but then again I can smash full throttle from like 10mph and be OK on the nitro.

RC Enthusiast
    A pic of the tiny terror...

RC Qualifier
    Wish u were in local , would have u fix my rs4 lol them put a whooping on yours lol jk
    You can stab it from the start just have to have the throttle % setup right
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Enthusiast
    lol I'm always willing to help you get "almost as fast" as my car.
    Can't give away everything now.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
    lol I'm always willing to help you get "almost as fast" as my car.
    Can't give away everything now.
    Sounds like a Nitto saying there. lol
    Jeremy

RC poster
    Ha, I saw you post vid this on the mustang forum. I'm bmr4life over there. I just got an xo-1 not to long ago. To bad I'm in GA.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FastS197 View Post
    Ha, I saw you post vid this on the mustang forum. I'm bmr4life over there. I just got an xo-1 not to long ago. To bad I'm in GA.
    Which mustang forum?
    Jeremy