Thread: servo issues

Hybrid View

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke

servo issues

so my summit is like months old and my steering servo is making a nasty noise when i turn left....ive heard theres alot of issues with these servos but I dont really have the money to go buy a new one. I bought my summit at a drag race (brand new) from a traxxas demo but I have no idea how to get my servo warrantied or even if they will???? any help would be appreciated....thanks

2 months old to be exact.....if I cant get it warrantied what is a direct replacement for under 50 bucks???
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-06-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Competitor
    ... yes there is only one place to get it. yes they are in hong kong. yes its worth it. hundreds of good reviews. problem= solved.
    user: Jimmie Nutron has a lot of info on this servo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-06-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Edited on account of using product number to avoid mentioning a banned product/company name.

RC Racer
    Tazewell Va. Were so small here in taz. that we only have 3 stop lights....and one is broke
    Lhs has a cirrus brand for 23 bucks...anyone heard of it???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cirrus is a good servo for a great price.And actually were all suckers cause were paying for a name!LOL Cirrus is Hitec. Break one sometime and call Cirrus customer service,you'll get Hitec on the phone!haha And break aprt a Hitec feather sometime then put a Cirrus MX-4 next to it and laugh at the similarity. .................................................f ound this quote on another site?????
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-06-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Racer
    someone help me out.... I wanna get a new servo tonight so I can play this weekend.... I really need an answer to the "cirrus" question from my last post.... I found that quote on another rc site but it was for rc planes..... I trust the guys ive talked to on this site, not sure abt. advice from another site........

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Compare the two at servodatabase... see if they match up spec wise... add the stocker in there for reference.
    I have never heard of the Cirrus name.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    looks like the 390 models got the best specs for under 30 bucks....looks like a pretty big jump to get anything better.....next level looks like 90 bucks.....so i guess im gonna try the 390....anyone know if I need to buy anything with it to make it work???if i do i may just stick with the traxxas 2080...does anyone know if the spring loaded piece that attaches to the servo horn has an adjustment if so how do i set it up correctly???

The servo saver has little, if any, adjustment.
    The only adjustments I know of is adding a washer or two to tighten up the spring.

390 Set Up

All stock hardware is used.
    NONE of the hardware included is needed!

There are tab braces that do not allow the servo guard to sit flush.
    IT IS OPTIONAL TO REMOVE THEM.
    I have done this both ways without any adverse reactions.
    Here is a picture of the braces:

(thanks goes to danielhr77 for the picture)
    The tab braces create a small gap between the chassis and the servo guard.

Here is how it plugs in:

You will also need to reverse the servo direction.

These are the steps to follow to do so for LINK:

Hold MENU for 3 seconds
    Green Blinks

Press MENU
    2 Green Blinks

Press SET
    Green Blinks

Press SET
    Red Blinks

Press SET
    8 Green Blinks

Hold MENU
    Setup Complete

RC Racer
    dude....jimmie.....your awesome bro

Thanks