RC Enthusiast

Question Reguarding Traxxas Servo/Transmitter

Hey guys, you are a great community and I love that i can post my question on here and someone will be able to give me a response, or even lead me into the right direction and would like to thank everyone for that!

Basically this is what is going on. My velineon ESC died out on my a couple weeks ago... and this will be my second one that has gone bad on me ( first one was sticky button... I might have raged out a little lol.. but not Traxxas fault) So i had 2 choices, send the ESC to traxxas or get a new ESC . I did some looking and found a 4 pole motor / waterproof ESC combo for 149. I wanted to try it out( http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=278) <--- thats the ESC can't find the combo other then on Ebay (sorry to the mods if i shouldn't post this. I was trying to find a link that didn't show prices) .. give it a shot and see how it is. I think kthe combo is fairly new because i couldn't find that many reviews on it. I know that if its bad its whatever because I still have my Velineon system ready to go.

When trying to program the ESC you have to set the throttle from the transmitter. leave it in neutral/hit set button, put in full throttle/hit set button, put in full reverse/ hit set button, from what i'm told its kinda like the Mamba systems. Well whenever i do that it sets it, and goes full throttle balls to the wall. To me it seems like the transmitter isn't working correctly, or even binding at all with the ESC.

Here is my question. My Traxxas transmitter always blinks green, it never stays solid green. I have rebinded the reciever and the transmitter a couple times, and it still blinks. Even if i turn on my reciever and keep the truck off.. it still blinks green. I Bought new batteries for the receiver and no luck. I saw 1 post in my google searches saying that if it blinks green.. the servo isn't working. Can anyone validate that?? or can anyone give me any insight on how to program a traxxas transmitter to a non traxxas ESC/Motor combo ??

Thanks in advance.. and sorry for the long post.. just trying to give all the information for a better diagnoses

It might be that your throttle trim is not centered on the transmitter. You have to set the multi function knob to throttle trim to get rid of that.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Enthusiast
    Multi function knob... is that the 2 little knobs on the receiver ? I had them centered... if that's what you are meaning ?

or am i suppose to adjust them while i have the receiver and transmitter turned on? when i turn on my truck I hear the server engage and the receiver has the green light .. I have no control though can't turn left or right