RC Qualifier

is sensored all that?

will there be a noticeable difference between censored and un censored? is it really worth the extra cash for a basher and onroad driver

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    just to make it clear its sensored, lol. i dont have a sensored motor but i heard they're good for crawling as they dont cog.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    lol sorry! hah i think im just going to get sensored

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    For bashing and driving around it really doesn't matter, for racing yeah.

RC Qualifier
    I upgraded to Castle (unsensored),..however I am still newer at the hobby. Knowing what I know now,..I would have spent the extra $50 and went sensored.

RC Qualifier
    I personally love sensored systems. Prefer them by a huge margin over unsensored.

RC Qualifier
    unsensored are faster for speed runs and bashing but sensored give you more control and are very tunable

RC Racer
    I have a sensored tekin rx8 1900 and a sct mmp 2400, I have to say I have more fun with the mmp 2400. But if I was to crawl around the sensored would perform better.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rckid97 View Post
    is sensored all that?
    Yes, absolutely!

RC Qualifier
    Sensored is the way to go if you want actual throttle control and less like an on/off switch. As far as speed goes I've seen plenty of sensored set ups as fast and faster then non sensored. I used a tekin tekin rx8 in my revo and it was faster then a good bit of the castle set ups

RC Qualifier
    ^ on the track or flat out because on the track you are right all day. now flat out just go on youtube the faster trucks and cars are not running sensored the fastest rtr in the world the xo-1 not sensored ,

RC Qualifier
    rx8 runs sensorless after gaining rpms. Best of both worlds. rob, the 1900 needs 5s to wake up. The slash runs much harder on 4s with the 2650.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    ^ on the track or flat out because on the track you are right all day. now flat out just go on youtube the faster trucks and cars are not running sensored the fastest rtr in the world the xo-1 not sensored ,
    Hmmmm,...I smell a sensored v sensorless showdown! I'd love to see some drag style ET and top speed results. You would have to use the same car though,...just swap out the motor. kv for kv I assume is the only way to judge...?

My son uses a Tekin in his SC truck and it is the bomb for racing on a dirt track. But for me, the cost difference doesn't make it worthwhile for plain old bashing on the street.

He uses it to race in two different classes with the same truck - stock SC and modified SC. (between heats they link up to the PC and change the motor setting from 17.5 to an advanced timing)

But do I really need a $320 Tekin sensored system that has about the same power as the castle MMP/3800?

I say No.

I say buy two castle setups and have twice the fun.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    I say yes, but im not you lol. I say drive what your happy with. After running sensored systems I dont like driving without that control.

RC Enthusiast
    Sensored is a joke..... A 4-pole unsensored will smoke a sensored motor any day of the week, BUT, you have to know what you're doing....It's called a Castle-Link... I send all those high-dollar Tekin boys packing on a regular basis....
    Last edited by Old Ezra; 08-10-2012 at 10:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    oh yeah castle link I had never thought of that.

Are you forgetting that you could also get a Novak SC 5.5 and mate it with your Castle MMP and have a very competent sensored motor setup?
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ezra View Post
    Sensored is a joke..... A 4-pole unsensored will smoke a sensored motor any day of the week, BUT, you have to know what you're doing....It's called a Castle-Link... I send all those high-dollar Tekin boys packing on a regular basis....
    If all you are talking about is straight line acceleration, well then maybe yes; but for any type of driving competition that requires control, sensored is MUCH better.
    Last edited by Jakey; 08-11-2012 at 08:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    4sdash not to cause trouble but you do realize there is more to the Rc world then traxxas right. Granted the xo1 is the fastest RTR in the world but not the fastest Rc in the world. Just keep that in mind.
    Back on topic a sensored system is leaps and bounds better then a non sensored set up... but if all your doing is going up and down the street at high speed then there's No real need for it.

RC Qualifier
    ^ yeah i know that streetracer but i made a traxxas reference because alot of people can related to the rustler and xo-1 there are alot of fast 1/10 touring cars and ofna dm-1 ,gtp ,and let not for get the serpent 1/8 electric conversions but most of them are not running sensored either ,but we are also talking about speed runs or dragracing in the end it all what you like to run

RC Qualifier
    the CC 2650 will put a whooping on tekin 2650 running same gearing and voltage on any similar ride , my 3s CC2650 will basically keep up with my buddies Tekin2650 on 4S diff FDR though IIRC

but yea I heard if you running tights tracks and turns then you might like the sensored setups ..
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Had a cc 2650 and dumped it for tekin 2650. End of the day better lap times same driver same truck.

RC Enthusiast
    Since I Jane been racing my 1/10 touring car with the 21.5t sensored speed passion motor and hobby wing Xtreme stock esc I am a big fan of sensored motors. Its way better to drive than my vxl rustler which by comparison feels very agricultural in its throttle response (when it responds at all ) and I'm sure with the right combo you could get a sensored motor to run just as hard as your old sensorless set up even if you have to go to a different wind / Kv rating to do it. The results will be better without a doubt.

RC Enthusiast

Sensored?

Ok, sensored is 100 times better then sensorless. There are some sensorless systems that are good though. A tekin RX8 runs in dual mode. Lower rpms are sensored and higher rpm's are sensorless. To those saying sensorless motors are faster, it is simply not true. I only run sensored and currently run a rx8 and a 5200 tenshock 550 4 pole. I have it geared down and turned down and it is crazy fast and its far fro the light switch feel of unsensored motors. I have complete control through all the rpm ranges and wide open on a straight it is running sensorless because a motor does not need to be sensored in the top end. So if you have more control to lay the power down and make turns and jumps more precise and have wide open throttle at sensorless you will not be faster sensorless. I will never own a non sensored system again.

RC Qualifier
    +1, I believe mmp smart sense is a version of the low end sensored high rpm unsensored esc program although I have found the tekin to have more accurate sensors. Either way they are both taking advantage of the same concept; kind of a "best of both worlds" thing.

RC Qualifier
    Trce knows his stuff. Listen to him noobs you might learn a few things

RC Qualifier
    Not everyone is a noob, he may know more than you and have some valuable information but we are trying to have a friendly debate, not tear people down. That being said I agree with what he said.

I say if you race, or have the money to spend, I'd go Tekin. If not, use castle, viper, velineon or something similar. There are also some very nice leopard motors to consider that come close to castle motors.
    Last edited by O.G.; 08-18-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...