Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RC Racer
    Well I must say that with my Dad tuning and helping with the performance aspect of my Vette, there wont be many Porsche's passing it. Here is a little of what my Dad has done (of course I have helped where I could)

This is that 70 camaro Z06. It a 70 Camaro with a LS6 out of a Z06 Corvette.

This car went on the Hot Rod PowerTour this year and when Magnuson saw it they asked if they could display it at every stop on the tour in front of their trailer with their other cars. I believe this is the only one they didn't build themselves.

Here is the Chevy II. Its got a LS1 out of a Corvette. There is no chrome on this motor, its all polished aluminum.

RC Qualifier
    my dad has a 70 z28 with a big block in it red with black stripes and you have a very nice camaro sir is it a stock ls6 or did you do heads and cam

RC Racer
    Thanks, I wish it was mine, but sadly it isn't mine It has had heads and a cam to compliment the supercharger.

RC Champion
    Those are some sweet rides. i dont know why everyone always bashes on Chevy, they are just as good, if not better than Ford.
    But I think MOPAR has them by a little bit. Sorry, nothing beats a HEMI.

My aunt had a late 60's vette with a big block, now its my uncles. NEVER gets driven, in mint condition. My cousin has a 64 and a 69 Camaro, but they arnt supercharged. yet. He just bough a house, plus its coming up on snowmobiling season, so he has other demands on his funds.
    "American Muscle beats import any day of the week"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    But I think MOPAR has them by a little bit. Sorry, nothing beats a HEMI.
    HAHA, my 86 s10 Blazer beats Hemi's. Then of course I have upset quit a few Mustang owners with the old Blazer. People just don't like getting out run by something when they aren't even expecting it to be close. HAHAHA

RC Champion
    What you got in that truck? I know trucks can be fast, I'm an El Camino fan, but if you modded those hemi like i suspect you modded that blazer, they would be faster.

Theres a reason why pro drag cars are hemis or based on Hemis.

RC Racer
    Well my user name is blazerss. The SS stands for the 350 thats in it. Mine isn't modded really; mild cam, full exhaust, and K&N filter. Thats about it. It's a torque monster, thats for sure. It was my first car and every day driver for about 7 years. Did the motor swap over spring break my senior year in high school. Now I'm driving a gas saver and it gets to sit in the garage, but it is going to eventually be getting an LS based motor.

Pro drag cars have to be rebuilt after every pass, that does sound like a Hemi to me, HAHA.

I will try to get back to talking about the thread topic here which was the hardcore purple emaxx. I haven't made any progress on it as I have been knee deep in making parts and for some strange reason making art work, or at least attempting at art work. My wife saw something she liked but I wouldn't let her spend the $$$ on it and told her I could make that. Well it's starting to look like I might have just been better off dishing out the funds and being done. By the time I buy the materials and tools I need I think I will have been able to buy two of these things already made

I'm going to be selling some of my HCR parts that I have multiples of in the next weeks or so, so if anyone is looking for any let me know, prices will be very good on brand new parts.

RC Champion
    Sure, keep us posted, speaking of shelling out $$$.

What do you get for a quarter mile in that?

RC Racer
    Not sure on quarter mile times, haven't ran it on a track.

RC Champion
    "the element of surprise" my friend has a Toyota Tacoma with a supercharged and intercooled 4.0. DOHC, posi, all that. He frequently passes modern muscle cars, but he still aint any mach for real muscle like that camero.

And to return to the topic of RC, I scare the crap out of many people just by the fact that my "toy car" can hit a solid 25, sometimes 30. Its always fun when they challenge me to a race against me on foot. There are some really stupid people around here.

RC Champion
    "the element of surprise" my friend has a Toyota Tacoma with a supercharged and intercooled 4.0. DOHC, posi, all that. He frequently passes modern muscle cars, but he still aint any mach for real muscle like that camero.

And to return to the topic of RC, I scare the crap out of many people just by the fact that my "toy car" can hit a solid 25, sometimes 30. Its always fun when they challenge me to a race against me on foot. There are some really stupid people around here.

RC Racer
    Ok guys, I still haven't made any progress on actually building on the truck, but I have managed to go through one of the boxes of parts that I have as extras.
    Here is a picture of what I have that I don't need

I don't think I'm suppose to create a for sale thread on here when it's not Traxxas parts, so I guess I will just keep it in here. Pm me if your interested in anything and I can send you a list of what all I have so far. There will be more hopefully by the weekend.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Exactly how many trucks did you think you were originally going to build? Holy cow; that's a lot of duplicates!! You may have the market cornered when it comes to green aluminum Maxx skid plates!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    HAHA, when I got into building this kind of stuff a year ago I had major plans and dreams. Then once I started building I realized I couldn't afford to build so many trucks, so I have decided what I'm going to build and what I'm not going to be using as far as parts go. Also though, all of the purple and green titanium parts (center skids and brake calipers) I can polish the anodize off for you to make them the natural silver color. I will go ahead and do a few so yall can see what that looks like.

More parts will be added either tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Blazerss1; 11-09-2012 at 03:53 PM.

RC Racer
    Got a few more parts out today. Added the .21 exhaust manifolds, body clips, traxxas 2.5 cylinder head, and a .21 chassis plate and .21 chassis kit. I will post one more update with parts after this, then back to the build. Let me know if yall are interested in anything, prices will be very cheap.

RC Champion
    Email sent
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Racer
    Ok, last update on parts I have for sale. I now have front and rear body mounts in purple and green. I also have some assorted upper suspension arms in silver and purple.

This my last update on extra parts I have, not sure if Traxxas really wants me selling on here, but figured I would try and give you guys a shot at some parts at good prices.

No onto building/finishing this truck. Good news: new lipos came in yesterday
    Last edited by Blazerss1; 11-15-2012 at 06:05 PM.

RC Champion
    Permission to utter a violent, profane, and truly amazed transitive verb?

RC Racer
    Ok guys, figured I should update on the parts. I sold them all today except for a few that I kept for myself still just to help out friends in the future as they need stuff. Im sure yall will see these on the bay shortly as I sold them to a popular seller on there. Once I get the RC area completely organized I will be back on the build. I have some big plans.

RC Racer
    Well I sat down and assembled a full FLM emaxx trans this weekend only to find out that a FLM full trans case wont fit onto a HCR chassis. The FLM case is obviously bigger than a stock case (Me and FLM don't mix well it seems ) So Now I'm back to square one on the final piece really to this build. Possibilities now include a center diff, or a custom trans case that I have been thinking about and planning for a while now. I wasn;t ready to really do either option until later builds, but I'm not filing down my chassis or case, so I'm not left with many options here.

I did pick up a set of HCR silver wheels for the truck (or just for my collection) I'm not completely sold on these none HCR black wheels and the bug body on this truck. Let me know what yall like better for the wheels. (Oh yea, I didn't even realize these were HCR wheels until a friend told me they were, I asked if he was sure and he said that he has owned brand new sets in green and purple in the HCR packaging)

RC Enthusiast
    Those look awesome!!! Thats the stuff that gets me excited!!! Great job!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Look great!...What tires will you using?
    CARBON FIBER G2, ALUMINUM G2, FLM E MAXX, ERBE

RC Racer
    Thanks guys. Tires are between badlands, mulchers, paddles, or road rage. That doesn't narrow it down much, but I haven't really thought about them too much yet.

RC Racer
    Ok, so I have been looking at this thing and I keep saying there needs to be more purple in the middle of the truck. So I decided to rob off of my Tmaxx. I switched the purple chassis braces from it to the emaxx and vise versa. The Tmaxx ideally will have a purple trans at some point, so once that is on it will look fine with the extra silver. Pics say it all here, let me know which way yall like.

Tmaxx with purple chassis braces

Emaxx with silver chassis braces

Then the possible center diff mount plate with the silver braces

I like having choices and this purple center skid just doesn't have the right shade of purple for me. (The far left is now being used)

Compared

Tmaxx with silver chassis braces (keep in mind hope to one day have a purple trans on this also)

RC Racer
    Emaxx with purple chassis braces

And with the possible center diff mount plate

RC Champion
    it keeps getting better and better! I'm hoping you do a cd. I want to do the rcm cd but i'm nervous about mounting it to the plate and getting it right.

RC Racer
    Thanks man. It will be a center diff but there will be a big twist I hope if all goes as planned that I have never seen done before.

RC Champion
    I just noticed that the cd won't be mounted to the bottom skid. Where did you get the cd mount?

If I had the cash to spare I'd have my UE chassis's Ano'd to that deep purple of your HCR arms, I just love that shade!

I will be interesting to see the CD mounted in there!

And I vote Badlands!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    SLW-SVT, that CD mount was made by a guy over on the rcmonster forums. He had a run of 10 of them made I believe. To my knowledge he had them all sold before they were even made. Very nice pieces. Here is his thread http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31524

The purple is a great color Wildman. I didn't think I would like it until I had some of the parts in my hands, now it's my favorite as you can tell.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Purple for the win! Just send me the pieces in the purple shade that you don't like. I'll give them a good home. When are you opening the Maxx truck museum, anyways? Again just beautiful stuff.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    Thanks Maxxxmasher, I will get those parts in the mail .

Purple wins, so they will stay on the emaxx and silver on the tmaxx.