Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Racer

Hardcore Racing Purple Emaxx Build

As many of you probably know, I really like the HCR parts, so it is finally time for me to build my first HCR emaxx. This one will be the twin to my HCR tmaxx with the same type of purple/silver color scheme. Please feel free to post comments and suggestions.

I must admit Im a little sad to see parts come off the wall and out of the package, but I did buy them to open and use.

This is probably the fullest my wall we be from this point on. Done collecting and time to build.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Time to depreciate some value I guess and open the packages
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    Oooo, so shiny...for now

This should be a nice build! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    Post pics of the TMAXX? What motor you goin to use?

whould you be so kind as to include part numbers and prices?

Cant wait to see it finished
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Racer
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Motor might end up being a hacker simple because of the purple anodized can. Not positive on a motor yet.

I can pm you part numbers powertothemaxx, but HCR isn't producing rc parts anymore. As far as prices, are you asking what I paid for parts or the price on the tags? Price on the tags for the chassis $189, arms $239, screw kit $129, bulks $71 a set, Im sure you get the picture. There parts weren't cheap, but I didn't pay retail for any of it I don't think.

Pic of the purple tmaxx

RC Champion
    I love the floor jack

How much does that weigh without the engine?

RC Qualifier
    Holy smokes - you really don't see stuff like this anymore; last time I saw HCR stuff like that was around 2003. That E-Maxx will look insane when you're finished, particularly with that aluminum chassis tub. What a centerpiece that is!

RC Champion
    Ya, its like the old G-Maxx stuff. To bad they dont make parts any more, but they are quite valuable if you still have them.

$130 on ebay for the gMaxx 3906 single speed tranny...

RC Racer
    Thanks for the comments guys

Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post

How much does that weigh without the engine?
    7 pounds with no motor, tank, electronics, or tires.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    That E-Maxx will look insane when you're finished, particularly with that aluminum chassis tub. What a centerpiece that is!
    Thanks, it really is. It is the deepest darkest purple you can imagine.

Ya, its like the old G-Maxx stuff. To bad they dont make parts any more, but they are quite valuable if you still have them.

$130 on ebay for the gMaxx 3906 single speed tranny...
    I might have some Gmaxx stuff, lets see.

The normal carbon colored truck has everything Gmaxx made on it, arms, towers, skids, single speed, G2 chassis, and motor mount.
    Last edited by Blazerss1; 08-06-2012 at 04:23 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerss1 View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys

7 pounds with no motor, tank, electronics, or tires.

Thanks, it really is. It is the deepest darkest purple you can imagine.

I might have some Gmaxx stuff, lets see.

The normal carbon colored truck has everything Gmaxx made on it, arms, towers, skids, single speed, G2 chassis, and motor mount.
    I spy some GA bulks on the tmaxx. Looks expensive

RC Champion
    The net worth of each of those trucks is at least $2000 each if you take manufacturer prices.

and thats about what it takes to buy them on Ebay.

But they are pretty much indestructable until you go over 70mph, then they are about adverage.

RC Qualifier
    WOW, that brings back some good memories. That is a Sweet collection you have there . Get some video I'd love to see it run.

RC Champion
    The net worth of each of those trucks is at least $2000 each if you take manufacturer prices.

and thats about what it takes to buy them on Ebay.

But they are pretty much indestructable until you go over 70mph, then they are about adverage.

So I take it the aluminum is 70-76t?

I remember your tmaxx build a couple months ago, are these gunna b shelf queens?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    So I take it the aluminum is 70-76t?

I remember your tmaxx build a couple months ago, are these gunna b shelf queens?
    The HCR aluminum was all 6061 to my knowledge. Not sure about Gmaxx, and I believe UE was all 7075. Of course HCR put out a lot of titanium as well. Someone correct me on these numbers if I'm mistaken.

This will be a shelf queen. Personally, I enjoy finding the parts and building the truck more than playing with them. I would love to be building 1:1 stuff, but my budget wont allow for that right now so this is the next best thing. Here is a pic of the truck I built as a runner which is way more practical with the plastic parts and aluminum parts all being in the right places.

Flm chassis and skids, GA bulks, UE spider 6 diffs, Traxxas steel shafts, Everything RPM offers but switch the knuckles out for Tecknos, powerstroke shocks. All that equals one heck of a basher.

RC Racer
    A little progress on the front suspension.

RC Racer
    Ok guys, now its decision time and I need some feedback. The plan was as much Purple as possible without over doing it. Well, I think the purple chassis might be over doing it. It is the deepest darkest purple that I have seen from HCR, but with the other purple parts I just don't think it flows very well. Take a look and see what yall think and post up your opinions of which you think will be better.

RC Champion
    Nice indeed
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Qualifier
    If I had to make a recommendation it'd be to make the chassis silver. RCCA made an ultimate E-Maxx with the Hardcore chassis - the theme was silver and red - and they used a silver chassis; a red chassis would have been over the top. If you like the purple then enjoy it, but silver could be an improvement.

RC Champion
    ooo, thats a hard one. I kinda like the purple chassis. Could you do a purple chassis with silver arms?

RC Qualifier
    The natural chassis looks more Bling, IMO. Both look nice

RC Champion
    I have Just a few questions for you blazerss1
    Q#1. How long did it take you to find all the parts for this build

Q#2. Where's the best place to find and purchase discontinued parts like these and other brands

Q#3. What's your opinion on the durability of a unlimited engineering tmaxx vs say HCR and other aluminum producing companies.

Q#4. In starting a all aluminum UE 1/8 big blockand I'm stuck on the a-arms. Should I go with a weak plastic link like rpm or get some aluminum UE arms or wait it out for some flextek arms? I'm aiming for complete durability..
    Thanks in advance

RC Racer
    I say silver looks best too guys. Purple with all silver suspension is an option for a future build as I already have the parts to just about complete that. I wont let the purple chassis go to waist, thats for sure.

Kyleb:
    Q1: I have been collecting the hardcore stuff for about even months now. Not that long for what I have got I don't think, considering how rare it is to find these parts, especially new. I have paid dearly for some of them though, but I have also gotten some good deals. I have spent a lot of time searching Ebay and calling hobby shops across the US.

Q2: The best place to buy parts other than the numerous forums is Ebay. I have also gotten lucky and have met a few guys in the hobby that had spare parts. They have seen my interest in this stuff and have sold me some of there extra pieces.

Q3: As far as durability goes, I haven't really tested the UE parts or the Hardcore. IMO, the UE would perform a lot better than the Hardcore. UE parts are made with 7075 aluminum, where HCR is out of 6061. The UE parts just look beefier, the HCR looks like it was designed more for looks than performance and durability. I have tested FLM and Im very impressed with the durability of there parts. I have had horrible luck with Integy and would never recommend there parts. There parts are made from cast aluminum and then they put a machine finish on them.

Q4: If you want durability I would suggest the RPM, thats what I use on my runner and look at all the aluminum arms I have. RPM isn't necessarily weak, they just flex. I have never broken or ruined an rpm arm and I have given them heck. The arms take a lot of abuse if your going to run the truck. With the aluminum arms you end up bending hinge bins, breaking bulkheads, and breaking pillow balls simply because the aluminum arms are stronger than these parts and don't bend. You need some flexibility in the arms to keep this stuff from happening. The flexteks look nice and I've heard they flex, but I have also heard that you will bend a hinge before the flextek arm reaches it's flexing point. I have never owned them, so I don't know for sure. Plus they are a lot of $$$$. In general with a runner I put aluminum down the center and plastic on the sides.

I hope these answers have helped you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Keep the opinions on the chassis choice coming.

Little update on the front suspension. Body post and mounts added along with Progressive Suspension shocks

Last edited by cooleocool; 08-11-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Racer
    Im extremely jelious! How many gorilla/ue/hardcore trucks do you have?
    Nitro soup@urc forums-Andrew Nabb on youtube

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxRacer 2012 View Post
    Im extremely jelious! How many gorilla/ue/hardcore trucks do you have?
    I have one complete Gmaxx (2 more chassis' and parts) (the blue carbon one with red racer x in my pics was sold last night to my buddy), 2 nearly complete HCR trucks after this build (3 more chassis' and parts), I don't yet have a UE truck, but I have nearly enough parts to do one. I have a few more builds planned and the more I do the bigger the plans get. A lightening and VBS is on my list of parts I want to own in the near future.

Honestly I have nothing compared to the guys I have met in this hobby that are into building the UE trucks. I think Im kind of alone in building the hcr stuff. I only know of 2 other guys that are building them still and have future builds planned.

RC Racer
    Ok, here are some outside pics, but it wasn't very sunny out. I also threw a trans case that might possibly be used on this truck. I think the Silver is the winner and might get the trans case anodized purple.

RC Qualifier
    The both look very well!!You truck will be very nice when all this part!!Nice job!

Got a pic of the truck w/the blue suspension that's peaking out in the bottom right corner of the first pic in post #9?
    Those are some real good lookin trucks your building there!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    Thanks skidman and wildman.

Here are pics of that truck

RC Racer
    Here are some more pics. Got the rear suspension assembled and installed chassis braces and skids installed also.

RC Qualifier
    that purple chassis is beautiful. Reminds me of the Titanium chassis they made for the t-maxx, I was gonna win the lotto and build a Titanium-Maxx, if you can get the chassis and bumpers and flex-tek a-arms you have a sweet ride
    I like turtles.

RC Racer
    I think the purple chassis is great also. I will build a truck around it as well. Look in the background of my last 2 pics and you will see a Titanium chassis tmaxx with titanium purple bumpers and titanium A-arm extenders. Also has Ti skids, bulk braces, Ti screw kit, Ti pillow balls, Ti steering links, Ti drag link, Ti rear links, and Ti center axles. I never liked the Fexteks so I have never tried to get a set. Also the price has kept me from having a set.

RC Champion
    Ya, I deft like the purple chassis better. Cool build
    You married? Cause if you are I have just found the most tolerant woman in the world

RC Racer
    HAHAHA, Yes I am married. We dated for five years before getting married, so she knew what she was getting into. I will agree though, she puts up with a lot from me.

RC Qualifier
    Wow, this certainly takes me back a bit, seeing an older-style E-Maxx dressed in full Hardcore Racing parts. Thanks for sharing your build with us!

Definitely some great trucks your building there!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Whats better than one set of purple arms?? 2 sets of purple arms
    The set I just got is darker, matches the purple chassis a lot better. Only thing is, I have started really liking the silver chassis and have already started buying parts for a build up with the purple chassis and all silver suspension. It will be a long weekend of assembling and disassembling I guess.

Hard to tell a difference in the picture, but it is a big difference in the arms.

RC Champion
    Where do you get these???????

You must have some really good friends

RC Racer
    HAHA. I spend hours and hours searching for these parts. These arms I actually got off Ebay last week.

RC Qualifier
    cool i bet it weighs a ton.

RC Racer
    Actually, Its not that heavy