RC Qualifier

Cool 5000mah charged to 5600mah?

Hey guys!
    I have a iMAX b6 charger which tell me the capacity charged in the battery. So when I charge my 7.4v 5000mah lipo battery, it show me that the battery was charged at 5600mah. Is this normal?
    Charger also have a function that when battery reach 5000mah, it stop charging, but I had increase capacity to 5800mah. Is this ok?

also when you balance your lipo, you do it while it's fully charged, right?

Sorry I'm a bit insecure, even if I read all instruction.... (wasn't clear enough)

RC Competitor
    I'm not an expert but I don't think the battery would be safe as it's been pretty badly overcharged. More knowledgeable folks might have more information. I would take that battery out of my house until someone with more experience gives you a better answer. I believe most good chargers will balance while charging if you have the connections. If not, I believe the blinky balancer will also balance while charging. Better safe than sorry on the battery.

bangd has hit upon my first question: what was the battery discharged down to?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Qualifier
    Battery is used in my stampede 4x4 vxl, so the low limit of the esc protect it. Battery is discharged to 3.3-3.4v and then charged to 4.2v.

Also, my charger can charge my battery at 5amp or balance them but at max 1amp, which take 5x more time, that's why I am not sure how to balance it...

When you put the battery on the charger it started at 3.3 or 3.4 volts per cell? If so, that is the lowest I've ever heard from a battery coming off a Traxxas LVD-equipped ESC.

Are you positive the LVD was on?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-04-2012 at 08:52 PM.

I always connect my balance plug at the same time I charge and my cells are always pretty close, so I guess that's correct...

But ksb is the expert on that stuff
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I am pretty sure LVD was on (the green led is on). As usually, when battery's empty, the truck stop right away but it still work a little. The esc slowly flash red and I disconnect battery. What could be wrong?

RC Qualifier
    What kind of battery? It's possible that the pack is just really under rated... I have pack that charge over the labeled the sticker mah and no problems.

RC Qualifier
    The battery pack is a Venom 2s 5000mah 7.4v 25c.
    It's wrote on the label that the min discharge volt is 6.0v, but the battery pack is never discharged under 6.6v.
    Maybe that the pack is under rated, as streetracero1 said?

It is possible that the pack is under-rated. The "problem" with this is that companies do this when the quality of their product is so hit & miss that they aren't quite sure what they are giving you.